Thai Airlines Urged to Conduct Inspection of Boeing 737-800

webfact

32 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I  don't know where you're getting your ideas from but this article disagrees with you.

'The NG has one of the best safety records among all aircraft, with just 11 fatal accidents out of more than 7,000 planes delivered since 1997'.

https://www.livemint.com/news/world/boeing-737-800-jet-has-good-safety-record-but-crashed-a-few-times-full-list-11647879049037.html

601575977_boeing737800fatals.jpg.9ada562643241d3577b6e79a45cad28c.jpg

17 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

601575977_boeing737800fatals.jpg.9ada562643241d3577b6e79a45cad28c.jpg

That list only indicates the fatal accidents of the B737/600/700/800/900 since entering service, NOT the Cause.

Considering over 7000 of these variants have been built and of that list of 13 fatal accidents a lot are pilot error, the NG has a good safety records as the article indicates

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jacko45k said:

What, with an unexplained crash killing 132 only in the last week..... probably not no more it isn't.

Did see this..

One of the plane’s so-called black boxes—the cockpit voice recorderwas recovered Wednesday, according to reports. The flight-data recorder hadn’t been located as of Friday afternoon Eastern time.

How long do you think an aircraft accident investigation takes? Normally on aircraft of this size IIRC it would be somewhere between 6 to 9 months, though a preliminary report will be out in a week or 2. A lot depends on the damage to the CVR and the DFR and if China has the full facilities to read and understand them.

Perhaps they may need to go to the USA, to the labs there or at the Boeing plant facility there.

The initial report will rule out many things, such as a wing or the tail coming away. If large items like this are missing from the crash site then the investigators will follow the debris trail back to find them.

Edited by billd766
Bad spelling

21 hours ago, Moonlover said:

So am i right in thinking that you believe that 360kph is a reasonable speed for an aircraft with no engine power in a vertical dive? If so I'm not going to argue with you. In fact I'll even offer you a possible explanation.

One of the pilots spooled down the engines and put the aircraft into a vertical dive, That's literally engines off, nose down!

Does that keep you happy?

Of course it could have been a fault in 1 engine and the captain may have ordered the wrong engine to be shut down.

Now that would be a WAG, a Wild Anus Guess. That may have been a reason, but more likely a stab in the dark, and I wouldn't believe it myself if I hadn't said it.

• Confused 2

On 3/26/2022 at 6:42 AM, pacovl46 said:

I don't think it was suicide because of the "slow" decent of the plane. 6000 meters in a minute equals 360 kilometers per hour, which is essentially  terminal velocity for a plane falling nose down straight out of the sky, which makes me think that the engines must have failed because at full throttle that plane could've easily done 1000 kilometers an hour going straight down. Of course there's always the possibility that the pilot wanted to prolong the misery. 

Engine failure at 29000 feet gives plenty of glide time to get to an airport. It was definitely not that.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Considering there was no communications from this jet liner, makes me think that something

serious happened to knock out the ability for the pilots to communicate. I do hope that the flight data recorder 

will give good data. If a voice recorder is also located at the tail end of the aircraft, then we may get some

date. It sounded like  the one black box they found was very damaged, so hope they can still get the data.

It was a tragic crash.

If they weren't in some way disabled the pilots were too busy struggling with the plane to think about putting out a distress call.

It's an old aviation rule when you get into trouble:

Aviate

Navigate

Communicate ...

• Like 2

On 3/26/2022 at 9:57 AM, Sydebolle said:

Point taken but the 800 series was a quick-and-dirty fix against the competition. 

If, with capital letters IF, the media is telling us something faintly close to the truth then this particular flight had a more than senior cockpit crew of three seasoned pilots. One had booked 6,000 flying hours as captain and the other fellow with more than 20,000 hours; no details were available about the third captain (unclear also, why there were three pilots on this aircraft).

Suicide seems, to me, out of the question and something very, very serious went wrong and it has all the patterns of what brought down the 737-MAX. 

Reason enough for me to not board such a plane until it is clear, what happened to those 132 souls .. 

You should get a job with TAT so that you get paid to tell BS. And nothing to do with the Max, different planes.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, billd766 said:

Of course it could have been a fault in 1 engine and the captain may have ordered the wrong engine to be shut down.

Now that would be a WAG, a Wild Anus Guess. That may have been a reason, but more likely a stab in the dark, and I wouldn't believe it myself if I hadn't said it.

BS The glide ratio of these planes is x2 + more than a regular Cessna 172. The dreamliner even has around 20 to 1 that means for each km of height it can glide 20 km. So 10 km is about 200 km in distance that's enough to reach an airport in most cases except if your are over an ocean. But then again, Capt Sully dit prove that you safely can land an airplane without engines. What you described happened in Taiwan with an ATR 42/72 at low altitude a couple years ago.

10 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I  don't know where you're getting your ideas from but this article disagrees with you.

'The NG has one of the best safety records among all aircraft, with just 11 fatal accidents out of more than 7,000 planes delivered since 1997'.

https://www.livemint.com/news/world/boeing-737-800-jet-has-good-safety-record-but-crashed-a-few-times-full-list-11647879049037.html

"just 11 fatal accidents". I'm impressed

10 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Total of 13 fatal flights killing 786 people since the 737-800 NG started flying.

Known problem appears to being able to not kill passengers and flight crew !!

"3 fatal flights killing 786 people", "able to not kill passengers". Isn't that a contradiction?

On 3/26/2022 at 6:22 PM, sezze said:

How do you get that speed ? The speed measured in Flightradar is horizontal ground speed , not speed in general . Even the horizontal ground speed exceeded the max of 540mph ( 590mph) .

One of the initial reports said the plane lost 6000 meters of altitude in one minute. 6x60 equals 360 km/h.

21 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Impact velocity. which was 370 knots. Terminal velocity (the highest) was 590 knots.

The initial report said something along the likes of the plane having lost 6000 meters of altitude in one minute. That would be a speed of 360 km/h. Where did you get the 590 knots of terminal velocity? I don't think a plane can reach 590 knots without engine thrust, even if it goes nose down. 

18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Of course, there's always the much more likely possibility that I'm correct and you just didn't like having it pointed 

Yawn! You're boring!

I didn't mind you pointing it out to me. I did mind the pompous way you did it! Now do me a favor and get back on your high horse and ride off into the sunset because you're much better at that than posting comments here! 

Edited by pacovl46
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

The initial report said something along the likes of the plane having lost 6000 meters of altitude in one minute. That would be a speed of 360 km/h. Where did you get the 590 knots of terminal velocity? I don't think a plane can reach 590 knots without engine thrust, even if it goes nose down. 

You have to stop banging on about 6000m in 1 min = 360 km/h as fact. It has been pointed out many times that planes send live data and this shows aircraft reached 590 knots at one point (approx 1090 km/h)

Here is the actual data with yellow line showing the varying speed. Grey line shows the varying descent rate in feet per minute

https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/china-eastern-airlines-flight-5735-crashes-en-route-to-guangzhou/

Screenshot_20220328-073057_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Thanks 1

Let's all wait official report and it won't harm anyone to check in front of possible failures of some kind . We are all just guessing here , and there are not much reasons and everything , but let the research team do some action . 737-800 have been around for some time and has been proven so far pretty safe , not like the 737-max .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Ironically Paco the latest rendering of the evidence is right there in your very own post above! 

Go back up there and take a look at the 'Flightradar'  data. Scroll down to 06:21:45Z (that's GMT by the way). Now look across. The aircraft is at 7,850 ft and shows an airspeed of 590 knots. That's its terminal velocity. It then begins to slow down again because it is coming into denser air, hence more drag.

Now if you want to dispute that, take it up with Flighradar. I've had enough of this nonsense.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pacovl46 said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Of course, there's always the much more likely possibility that I'm correct and you just didn't like having it pointed 

Yawn! You're boring!

I didn't mind you pointing it out to me. I did mind the pompous way you did it!

So "boring" that you continue to read and respond.

Try to understand that your feelings about my comments are irrelevant to the discussion as long as my posts are not insults or flames.  Your feelings are your problem that you need to sort out, I can do nothing about them.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

I didn't mind you pointing it out to me. I did mind the pompous way you did it! Now do me a favor and get back on your high horse and ride off into the sunset because you're much better at that than posting comments here! 

I've never ridden off into the sunset so I'm not going to start now, neither am I going to stop making accurate, rational posts regardless of your opinion about them.

On 3/27/2022 at 5:43 AM, Moonlover said:

The same happened to Egyptair 990 in 1999. which was attributed to a tussle for control between 2 of the crew members. I already suspected that this latest incident was a deliberate act and that glitch in the dive does give my suspicion some credence.

Anyway they have found the CVR so all may be revealed soon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EgyptAir_Flight_990

I'm suspecting "pilot-intervention" as the cause.

There's a very good/interesting documentary about Egyptair 990.

Edited by Andrew65
  • Like 2