Don't mention the war?

3 hours ago, Saanim said:

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Common sense for me states that's a very wise move and if successfull it could be repeated considering:

Calculating that the 45 buses, each with 50 persons, will have to make some 75 round trips.

Why Zelensky - instead of daily asking for more weaponry (no food, no water needed?) - doesn't ask for more buses?

(actually, his TV performance in Dutch parliament 2 days ago was not accepted by all parties, similarly as in Germany before) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Borrowing from Bkk Brian's post:

"The Red Cross who is there co ordinating said: “Past attempts at corridors have not worked,” he said, explaining that they had come under shelling from Russian forces. “If this is successful, it will be the first proper evacuation from Mariupol.”

Is the Red Cross enough of a reputable source for you?

Wondering why: 

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-asks-red-cross-not-open-office-russias-rostov-on-don-2022-03-27/

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Calculating that the 45 buses, each with 50 persons, will have to make some 75 round trips.

Why Zelensky - instead of daily asking for more weaponry (no food, no water needed?) - doesn't ask for more buses?

(actually, his TV performance in Dutch parliament 2 days ago was not accepted by all parties, similarly as in Germany before) 

If you had bothered to quote my full post instead of taking it out of context then you would have read why ????

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Its in the article why.................

"March 27 (Reuters) - Ukraine has asked the International Committee of the Red Cross not to open a planned office in Russia's Rostov-on-Don, saying it would legitimise Moscow's "humanitarian corridors" and the abduction and forced deportation of Ukranians.

The head of the ICRC said on Thursday after his talks with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov that agreement between the Russian and Ukrainian armies was needed before civilians could be evacuated properly from war-torn Ukraine"

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thailand may not participate as with almost every other country on the planet, but they will be as <deleted> as everyone else if the nukes get used. Hopefully wise heads are advising Joe and Boris and the French guy.

The fact that North Korea still exists and continue to threaten US clearly demonstrates that even 5 nukes are enough to ensure that nobody will bomb you at this planet. If nuclear war were possible, North Korea would not exist already.

1 hour ago, Saanim said:

I am wondering what Putin's TV performance would be in European parliaments, assuming he would not be arrested as a war criminal the moment he set foot outside Russia.

No doubt he would be asking for sanctions to be lifted, good luck with that.

Your comment about the Dutch and German parliaments demonstrates your confirmation bias yet again. Australia will be delivering Bushmaster vehicles after Zelensky addressed the parliament there.

Zelensky is fighting a war to preserve Ukraine, your post is just picking nits.

If you do not consider Putin to be a war criminal, IMO it demonstrates the moral vacuum you live in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

The fact that North Korea still exists and continue to threaten US clearly demonstrates that even 5 nukes are enough to ensure that nobody will bomb you at this planet. If nuclear war were possible, North Korea would not exist already.

North Korea is protected by China, that's the reason the US has not obliterated NK already. Plus the opprobrium that would ensue from starting a nuclear war.

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Your comment about the Dutch and German parliaments demonstrates your confirmation bias yet again.

It's not me who was not happy in those parliaments.  Is it not allowed to call a spade a spade?

https://www.fvd.nl/fvd-denounces-the-invitation-of-president-zelensky-to-address-the-dutch-house-of-representatives

What are your bias?

23 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I suppose my bias is towards democracies, not murdering obsessed dictators.

Noted you do not even have the decency to agree Putin is a war criminal.

Is it mandatory for everybody to declare whether Putin is a war criminal or not? Perhaps the declaration be stamped in an ID?  Something like a vaccine passport?  In fact, such topic was not discussed here, just in WH.

And if a topic would be how to recognize a democracy? A regime where an elected president was overthrown in a violent coup  storming the parliament with many lives lost (the president just luckily escaping), I would not call a democracy, will you?  As we have been recently enlightened, such a parliament insurgency is a very serious crime, comparable to civil war. 

On 3/27/2022 at 3:56 PM, Lacessit said:

I'm not sure the pro-Russian separatists in the Donbas are a majority. Again, history shows the Donbas was actually fully Ukrainian until Stalin instituted mass starvation there, then transferred Russians in.

Any country that has to offer a 20% interest rates on bank deposits to keep them from flying out the door is a basket case, compare that with what you get in unzed.

If Putin isn't stupid, he has made major mistakes. There's any number of retired US military on YouTube who are talking about this war as providing a case study for years to come in terms of military failures.

Putin is KGB, he is not a military man. Like Hussein, he probably thought he was.

You are seriously misinformed. Eastern Ukraine was never properly Ukrainian. It was the Russians who developed the industry in the Donbas - Ukrainians were mainly the peasantry in the countryside. Since independence the government has been trying to Ukrainianize and brutally de-Russify the east. The Donbas Russians are still the majority in the region and always have been. To assume it is historically Ukrainian is both false and to miss the entire point of the war.

The attached article is a short, easy, and totally impartial read on the history of this region. See the bottom of p3 in particular.

1996-809-02-Kuromiya.pdf

2 hours ago, Saanim said:

Is it mandatory for everybody to declare whether Putin is a war criminal or not? Perhaps the declaration be stamped in an ID?  Something like a vaccine passport?  In fact, such topic was not discussed here, just in WH.

And if a topic would be how to recognize a democracy? A regime where an elected president was overthrown in a violent coup  storming the parliament with many lives lost (the president just luckily escaping), I would not call a democracy, will you?  As we have been recently enlightened, such a parliament insurgency is a very serious crime, comparable to civil war. 

Look over there post, the president you refer to was a Russian stooge.

So you don't think Putin is a war criminal, after all the indiscriminate bombing and missile attacks on civilian targets such as hospitals?

Thanks for confirming your moral vacuity. You're on ignore now, I can't stomach you anymore.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Saanim said:

It's not me who was not happy in those parliaments.  Is it not allowed to call a spade a spade?

https://www.fvd.nl/fvd-denounces-the-invitation-of-president-zelensky-to-address-the-dutch-house-of-representatives

What are your bias?

The Dutch and Germans are sending military aid to Ukraine to fight of the cowardly attackers who are keen on war crimes, thats all that matters

34 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Look over there post, the president you refer to was a Russian stooge.

That clarifies it all: it just needs to classify who is the president stooge of, then any violent coup is justified in case the stooge is of somebody who is unfriendly to us - or who we are unfriendly to.  And the new govt (unelected) is declared being democratic.

Now I know why we haven't had many war criminals in the past, just the few ones in former Yugoslavia and some in Africa. 

• Like 1

Russia will form a bloc with China in the near future. It may have already. China will also move on Taiwan.  Thailand will side with China, as will all the other indebted belt and rail countries.  When that happens, at best, western farangs will lose their visas.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

LOL, you expect me to do your research for you?

If you make a statement on here you're supposed to back it up with some actual evidence, or does that only apply if you don't like what is being posted?

If you are just repeating what you heard/ read and don't know know you should indicate that somehow. Perhaps something like "I heard that a lot of generals were killed".

If you say something like the bit I quoted I assume you don't actually know if it's true or not and are just repeating propaganda.

Have a nice day.

16 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I am wondering what Putin's TV performance would be in European parliaments, assuming he would not be arrested as a war criminal the moment he set foot outside Russia.

No doubt he would be asking for sanctions to be lifted, good luck with that.

Your comment about the Dutch and German parliaments demonstrates your confirmation bias yet again. Australia will be delivering Bushmaster vehicles after Zelensky addressed the parliament there.

Zelensky is fighting a war to preserve Ukraine, your post is just picking nits.

If you do not consider Putin to be a war criminal, IMO it demonstrates the moral vacuum you live in.

Plenty of war criminals ( some still living ) that have never been called to account, but that's because they were on "our" side.

Those that live in glass houses and all that.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Plenty of war criminals ( some still living ) that have never been called to account, but that's because they were on "our" side.

Lame.

Reminds me of this:

This is about Putin, not about others.

Misdeeds of others doesn't exonerate Putin. 

Next ... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Lame.

Reminds me of this:

This is about Putin, not about others.

Misdeeds of others doesn't exonerate Putin. 

Next ... 

When posters start to bring Trump into the thread it's obvious that it's not possible to have a reasonable conversation so I'll leave you guys to enjoy your hate fest.

A win for cancel culture I guess.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When posters start to bring Trump into the thread it's obvious that it's not possible to have a reasonable conversation so I'll leave you guys to enjoy your hate fest.

A win for cancel culture I guess.

Nobody is cancelling,  but if you insist on using a weak tea right wing crutch buzz phrase as an excuse, that is on you and nobody else. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's true but what point are you trying to make about Putin's war crimes?

On 3/26/2022 at 10:02 AM, Lacessit said:

Poor logistics, low troop morale, a higher body count than anyone in Russia is prepared to admit. Russian aircraft still do not control the airspace above Ukraine, a sine qua non for support of ground forces. Senior military officers getting killed on the frontline, apparent purges and defections inside the walls of the Kremlin.

I hope you're right, but I've heard Ukraine has massive body counts that no one in Ukraine cares to admit, generals acting as traitors, airspace problems, senior officials getting killed, and massive defections.

see, it wasn't that hard to write.

let's just say what you say is true.....Ukraine will go and take over Russia?  Will Putin admit defeat?  Will Ukraine become a world power?    Are there no more Russians willing to fight?  Will China admit Ukraine is stronger?

All I'm saying is I don't think we are near a time where we can make these guesses.

I guess we'll see if you are right.   but it just means more missile strikes, and wait until they turn off the pipeline.

Also: A Thai guy asked me yesterday about the war.

Edited by Iamfalang
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 11:14 AM, Lacessit said:

I suppose that every country which participated in war in this world said that the enemy leader was a war criminal. But only the winner`s version will be in history books.
In the Ukrainian war it is still not clear who is the winner and who is the war criminal. So most countries prefer to wait and remain neutral.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you make a statement on here you're supposed to back it up with some actual evidence, or does that only apply if you don't like what is being posted?

If you are just repeating what you heard/ read and don't know know you should indicate that somehow. Perhaps something like "I heard that a lot of generals were killed".

If you say something like the bit I quoted I assume you don't actually know if it's true or not and are just repeating propaganda.

Have a nice day.

You mean something like this?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60807538

Ukraine's defence ministry says another Russian general, Lt Gen Yakov Rezantsev, was killed in a strike near the southern city of Kherson.

Rezantsev was the commander of Russia's 49th combined army.

A western official said he was the seventh general to die in Ukraine, and the second lieutenant general - the highest rank officer reportedly killed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

I suppose that every country which participated in war in this world said that the enemy leader was a war criminal. But only the winner`s version will be in history books.
In the Ukrainian war it is still not clear who is the winner and who is the war criminal. So most countries prefer to wait and remain neutral.

I don't think Zelensky can be accused of bombing hospitals and civilian apartment buildings, although granted prior to the Russian invasion he was fighting an insurgency in the Donbas.

I remember a passage from James Clavell's novel Shogun. Toranaga says there are no extenuating circumstances for rebellion against a liege lord, and Blackthorne replies "Unless you win".

It's a sign of Russia's desperation Putin is bringing in mercenaries from the Wagner Group to fight in Ukraine. It's also a sign the atrocities will get worse, because mercenaries are not bound by any war conventions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I don't know if the Russian accusation is true, because the Ukrainians are saying it wasn't us.

Isn't it a surprise for the people who like to claim their "unbiased" view that the Russian accusations are never true, unlike the accusations of Ukraine?

Then, it would also be useless to hear/read what few days ago the director of French intelligence research Eric Dénécé said in an interview with CNews in France (also on YouTube), that Zelensky should apologise for being the source of the conflict. 

• Like 1