Thailand’s CPF to develop “hybrid” proteins with Future Meat

webfact

Future-Meat-1038x778.jpg

Charoen Pokphand Foods describes the partnership as a “first-of-its-kind”.

By Simon Harvey

Thailand’s CPF has entered a partnership with Israeli cultured meat start-up Future Meat Technologies to develop “hybrid” products.

Described by Bangkok-based Charoen Pokphand Foods (CPF) as a “first-of-its-kind” tie-up, the two companies plan to develop “hybrid cultured-meat products” for the Asian market.

CPF is engaged in the production of meat and seafood but recently launched the plant-based protein brand Meat Zero. Last year, the company bought a 50% stake in meat substitute business Well Well Invest in Poland.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full story: https://www.just-food.com/news/thailands-cpf-to-develop-hybrid-proteins-with-future-meat/

Just-Food.png

-- © Copyright  JUST FOOD 2022-03-26

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Mmmm, cardboard flavoured meat, sounds absolutely delicious. ????

I tried an Impossible Burger for the first time a few months ago. I was surprised by how good it was. When they get the price down I think it'll do well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Most meat substitute products these days have both flavour and texture. They neither taste nor have the texture of meat (at least from what I remember from 40 years ago) but they do taste good. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Not even tried it though have you as it's not even on the market. Sadly Thailand is a long way behind with non animal meats, nothing is worse than scoffing down dead animlas though, so any progress is welcome.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Not even tried it though have you as it's not even on the market. Sadly Thailand is a long way behind with non animal meats, nothing is worse than scoffing down dead animlas though, so any progress is welcome.

People Eat Tasty Animals

46 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Not only will people become more obese from eating the rubbish snacks on offer at 7/11, but they will also glow Green in the Dark.

It may help with the road deaths at night.

Glow green in the dark, holy Green Lantern batman, just as long as my urine is not flourescent I will be ok...

6 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Anyone else think humans have overstayed their welcome on mother earth?

I still have hope.  I prefer to remember that we will not see the news here from the other side. We will not see all the people that have begun to grow their own food, create shelters that are more and more off grid, that take less and less pharmaceutical drugs, tha seek financial independence through crypto.

12 hours ago, worgeordie said:

How long before we can find Soylent green in the Supermarkets .

Regards Worgeorde

I think we are sort of there already. Go down the isles of any supermarket and look at each product you see and ask – is this more of a food or more of a science project?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

nothing is worse than scoffing down dead animlas though

Is that your way of saying we should eat them alive?

This is just too much to handle. Just too silly. I will not say goodbye to BBQ-nights and a juicy burger. Neither is it going to be any no to beef carpaccio or salmon filet. Absolutely nothing against salad and veggies, but if some wish to go the green way 100 %? Just don´t start telling others it all from disgusting to wrong.

7 hours ago, Harveyg said:

I think we are sort of there already. Go down the isles of any supermarket and look at each product you see and ask – is this more of a food or more of a science project?

Years ago a friend introduced me to the glycemic index. The next time I walked down whose aisles shocked my socks off. That stuff is all poison!

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Years ago a friend introduced me to the glycemic index. The next time I walked down whose aisles shocked my socks off. That stuff is all poison!

But then so can your life be poisonous and toxic, depending on your surroundings and who you associate with. Nothing in this world is risk free, but we enjoy eating what we want and a good burger is just that, good for the soul.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

But then so can your life be poisonous and toxic, depending on your surroundings and who you associate with. Nothing in this world is risk free, but we enjoy eating what we want and a good burger is just that, good for the soul.

I am referring to processed food which makes up the majority of sh!t lined up on the shelves of most supermarkets. You're trying to take this in another direction.

• Like 1

Just now, HappyExpat57 said:

I am referring to processed food which makes up the majority of sh!t lined up on the shelves of most supermarkets. You're trying to take this in another direction.

Am I now, think about it by looking outside of the box and applying your glycemic index to the totality of eating whether buying in a store, on the street or in a restaurant. 

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Am I now, think about it by looking outside of the box and applying your glycemic index to the totality of eating whether buying in a store, on the street or in a restaurant. 

That's the point - you're trying to take this "outside the box" when I was merely making a simple point.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

When I looked up glycemic index it seems to be used for the kind of foods we’ve always considered food, including things like bread and biscuits and cereal. I was wondering if it also includes the kind of products that are relatively newer in all kinds of boxes and plastics.

I’m thinking about what’s on all those ingredient labels and was wondering how many names for sugar there were. When I looked it up this is what I found:

of Health and Human Services, added sugars show up on food and drink labels under the following names: Anhydrous dextrose, brown sugar, cane crystals, cane sugar, corn sweetener, corn syrup, corn syrup solids, crystal dextrose, evaporated cane juice, fructose sweetener, fruit juice concentrates, high-fructose corn ...

I guess the list keeps going. Those are Google’s dots not mine.

I wonder why organizations like the WHO and CDC and other countries’ health agencies don’t have the kind of interest in people’s health the way they do with Covid.

Actually I don’t wonder anymore.

I just follow the money.

Edited by Harveyg
  • Like 1