Any decent english breakfast in jomtien, i have troubles to find any?

TacoKhun

Simple Simons has moved to    Padtanakan road    in East Pattaya  i  understand it is under new management too.. i live close by,  and if its of any help  i have not seen a customer in there  yet 

13 minutes ago, actonion said:

Simple Simons has moved to    Padtanakan road    in East Pattaya  i  understand it is under new management too.. i live close by,  and if its of any help  i have not seen a customer in there  yet 

Times move on...... recall having good breakfasts in there when visiting immigration.... there was a glass room in the middle operating as a butchers. 

32 minutes ago, actonion said:

wasn't a wise move for them...way to far for their existing customers to travel to, and not a lot going on round there either ..... I tried it once - but the road noise put me right off .....

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Really great sausages are just under 20bht each.

Under 200bht for a breakfast should be easily achievable.

We recently changed location at The Expats Club and the breakfast changed with it.... it is comprised of good quality bacon and sausages and is 180 baht. Those items were apparently the expensive components ..... too many folks are a bit greedy too when serving themselves. 

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Food prices are increasing worldwide and you expect good quality with a good sausage and bacon for under 200bt. I don't think that is verry realistic. 

Good luck looking i hope you find it. 

Simple simons breakfast was 130 baht, while it was not top quality stuff, it was much better than many other places. There is no point to spend more than 200 baht on some eggs and bacon, when i can get salmon steak or any other decent lunch with better and healthier food in 200-250 baht range.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mercman24 said:

7s bar and restaurant soi 7, my mate has brekfast there most days, me twice a week, say KC sent you

this one actually somewhat decent, the place itself, i dont know it is like one of this bars with many people getting drunk, a lot of noise, loud talks and shouts.. hard to just sit and chill.

Edited by TacoKhun
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, piston broke said:

OP - The best English breakfast in Pattaya is at Kungs in Soi Lenkee....

Unlike a lot of places that buy in their sausages/bacon from Makro, Kungs makes/cures their own (choice of 10 different types of sausages no less) - They even make their own hash browns...... all come with free, quality filter coffee ....

No where i've tried even comes close for quality/value for money..

https://www.facebook.com/kungshotsausage

I think you will find it is only Loin i.e. not real bacon

10 hours ago, robblok said:

Food prices are increasing worldwide and you expect good quality with a good sausage and bacon for under 200bt. I don't think that is verry realistic. 

Good luck looking i hope you find it. 

Nickies on Soi Buakhao has a good breakfast for 99 baht, all good, probably a loss leader or little profit. We aren't looking for Michelin * breakfasts.

You know when a place is cutting costs because you get a cheap horrible sausage.

BTW Nuengs Pies does 1kg of fatboy sausages for 199 baht and they are surprisingly good

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, piston broke said:

OP - The best English breakfast in Pattaya is at Kungs in Soi Lenkee....

Unlike a lot of places that buy in their sausages/bacon from Makro, Kungs makes/cures their own (choice of 10 different types of sausages no less) - They even make their own hash browns...... all come with free, quality filter coffee ....

No where i've tried even comes close for quality/value for money..

https://www.facebook.com/kungshotsausage

The food looks fabulous.

Sacrilege I know but Big Kahuna does a nice American pancake breakfast in that range.

Two large buttermilk pancakes (butter and syrup), choice of bacon/ham/American style sausage patty, two eggs your choice, coffee with refills.

Also in half size if you're a bird. 

• Thanks 1

I only go to Jomtien for immigration but I started having breakfast first. I think it's called Paddy's bar, 125 baht for full English with coffee. Sausage much better than I get in central Pattaya

I get off Pattaya baht bus at the corner where the bus turns towards the beach and go back 20 metres. It's an aircon English/Irish style pub

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 2