Phuket City refuses to provide swab refund

Hello, I don't know how to proceed. Phuket city accepted refund of 3 swabs for a trip that was cancelled in July 2021 but to date they haven't provided any and they ceased communication even if I go through the refund procedure again using another email.

They started claiming that there were problems with the 2c2p platform where the qr payment was made through Krungsri bank by a friend who lives in Thailand and after pushing them for months they ran out of excuses and started ignoring my emails. They have receipt and even front page of passbook as per they request. 

I don't know if a lawyer will end up costing more than the 7200 they promised to refund initially, but I am in Thailand now and I might go that route if needed.

The fact that they are deceiving people into believing that they are providing refunds is frightening. I would discourage everyone against giving Phuket City one single cent.

• Like 2

Don't go down the lawyer path.

You will end up throwing good money after bad.

With covid I got ripped off by Jetstar and also AirAsia for more than the amount you mention..

Of course not directly related.

Only mention it as in the end I just pushed it aside. Don't waste your energy on it. 

This topic perhaps for general discussion forum. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, VictorInBKK said:

payment was made through Krungsri bank by a friend who lives in Thailand

I expect that was/is the issue - abnormal payment method and request to refund to a person not involved on paperwork.  As said best to write it off as costs of life.

• Like 1

For a foreigner, obtaining any sort of refund from a Thai organization or individual is an uphill battle.

Consumer protection laws here are scant and basically unenforceable. 

This lack of government oversight here can be both a blessing and a curse.

• Like 2

Not sure if it's just a way to extend the time of not refunding but they did tell me 45-60 days due to high volume.

Update: I didn't see July 2021. Then nevermind ????

Edited by zib