Will Smith punches Chris Rock at Oscars

Thailand

8 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

People with an inability to control their anger have been using the excuse that "he insulted my wife/girlfried/pint" for generations, but apparently if you are famous enough and black enough, you can get away with it.

Chris Rock declined to press charges.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

It seems Chris Rock made a bad joke about Will Smith wife, and according to new articles that wasn't the first time.

I am pretty sure from now on Chris Rock won't do that anymore.

And Chris Rock feels like it then he should go to the police and complain about Will Smith.

Personally I think now they both know where they stand. Nobody got really hurt. Case closed.

42 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Rock C grade comedian

Smith B grade actor

Where is the talent?

John Cleese and Rowan Atkinson 100 levels above

Your are lost. Completely lost. Smith is an amazing actor. Have you seen Concussion? The pursuit of happyness? Ali? Hello. 

And Rock is C grade? What can one say? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Your are lost. Completely lost. Smith is an amazing actor. Have you seen Concussion? The pursuit of happyness? Ali? Hello. 

And Rock is C grade? What can one say? 

Smith is rubbish. Rock is worse. Talentless hacks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, spidermike007 said:

After reflecting on this, I would add:

Don't ever invite Will Smith to a comedy roast. His low self esteem and his paper thin skin would not make him a pleasant guest!

That was assault. You humiliated yourself and your family in front of the world. You revealed yourself to be an angry, disaffected, malcontent of a man, even with all the success you have been blessed with in life. I lost all the respect I had for you, in an instant. You are NOT the man you claim to be. Even comparing yourself to Richard Williams and the Williams sisters is ludicrous, considering all the open doors you have enjoyed in your life. To think I used to admire you.

The contrast of Rock's composed and dignified reaction, to Smith's out of control anger says it all, about who the bigger man in the room was. 

Smith thinks his life is hard? Who is the real joker in the room? 

You claimed he was great 30 mins ago

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Thailand said:

“There is no place in the Academy for people who abuse their status, power or influence in a manner that violates recognized standards of decency. The Academy is categorically opposed to any form of abuse, harassment or discrimination on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, age, religion, or nationality. The Board of Governors believes that these standards are essential to the Academy’s mission and reflective of our values.”

“In addition to achieving excellence in the field of motion picture arts and sciences, members must also behave ethically by upholding the Academy’s values of respect for human dignity, inclusion, and a supportive environment that fosters creativity. “

Could he lose the Oscar?

Could you imagine?  No way.  The Academy has no ah "Balls".  Will Smith will keep his Oscar and his friends will support him.  Chris Rock gets assaulted and Denzel Washington and Tyler Perry check on Will Smith.  Could anyone imagine the protests that would erupt if a mostly white and old Academy enforces it's own rule against   a Black Best Actor winner when only 20 Black actors/actresses have ever won Oscors in it's long history.  In the end Will Smith was defending the honor of his wife.  That's the story he should stick too and offer Chris Smith a financial settlement to make it go away.  

How many on TV have actually seen King Richard?  The only Academy nominated movie I saw was Dune.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Could you imagine?  No way.  The Academy has no ah "Balls".  Will Smith will keep his Oscar and his friends will support him.  Chris Rock gets assaulted and Denzel Washington and Tyler Perry check on Will Smith.  Could anyone imagine the protests that would erupt if a mostly white and old Academy enforces it's own rule against   a Black Best Actor winner when only 20 Black actors/actresses have ever won Oscors in it's long history.  In the end Will Smith was defending the honor of his wife.  That's the story he should stick too and offer Chris Smith a financial settlement to make it go away.  

How many on TV have actually seen King Richard?  The only Academy nominated movie I saw was Dune.  

I believe Chris Smith would love to get a huge settlement from Will Smith.????

Chris Rock on the other hand most likely doesn't need the money.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I believe Chris Smith would love to get a huge settlement from Will Smith.????

Chris Rock on the other hand most likely doesn't need the money.