Thailand reports record high of 28,379 new COVID-19 cases, 92 deaths, 23,843 recoveries

webfact

7 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Not really, as no-one would take any notice. Everyone and their dog knows to buy early, and if they forget or need more there is always someone who sells. During the 2020 alcohol ban we got ours from my policeman brother-in-law.

True.  Maybe they could ban motorcycles instead?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Caldera said:

It's pointless to calculate that when they have no idea how many cases they actually have. Why even bother posting their numbers?

Because even if there are many more COVID cases that are never officially reported, their tally of deaths out of reported cases still is a legitimate indicator of the CFR death rate.

Even if the real case count were 4 times higher, there's no particular reason to assume that the "death rate" for that larger number of cases would be substantially different than the rate for the cases they do count.

Official COVID deaths (like cases in Thailand) also are widely considered to be a significant undercount to what the real toll of COVID deaths have been.

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Far from brainwashing, but in the end they play the fear game.  Had from day one this government had been truthful and transparent then they might have had a different response from the public, and no not like the western countries people responded.  The Government thinks that they need to keep the public in the dark on many things Covid related instead of telling the truth.

In an article in the BP today the Rural Doctors Society is taking the Government to task in regards to the published ATK test numbers.  They are questioning yesterdays numbers because when you total up just 3 provinces who posted yesterday those numbers are greater than what the CCSA posted......lack of transparency is the unfortunate reality.

To be honest , because of the Thai laws on testing positive and going to a hospitel the majority of Thai folks are either not testing or avoiding positive reporting which in itself is adding to the infection rate as they cannot afford to be laid up for any length of time without social security . The mode seems to be similar to the Chinese way .  

I read that you recovered recently saying it was like the worse flu ( if I recall correctly ) . It would appear that it is the survival of the fittest as it is those with weak immune systems who seem to pass . I have also spoken to others who said that it was like a heavy cold that lasted about 10 days . So it hits people in different ways with the younger suffering the least . 

Just today the UK has reported soaring infections but all restrictions are off and it could be that herd immunity is the plan .

BTW you mention the Thai government keeping the public in the dark , well I agree because every day I keep my lady up to date with the Ukraine war as there is little coverage on Thai TV , or so she tells me (includes talking about the truth and the BS Putin is broadcasting to his nation )

Just read that Chiang Mai Province is cancelling water splashing and alchohol this Songkran.  I had already decided not to go although I want to.  I see people setting up tents and restaurants along the Ping River.  It looks like up in the country there will be a celebration anyway.

So where is Anutin's apology to the nation? Just a few weeks ago the incapable goon was gloating about Thailand being #1 in the world, in their response to Covid. Huh? Really? Only in his delusional mind. Perhaps he is Thailand's version of Trump. Much self aggrandizement, and a legend only in his own mind, with little regard for the facts, or the science. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

So where is Anutin's apology to the nation? Just a few weeks ago the incapable goon was gloating about Thailand being #1 in the world, in their response to Covid. Huh? Really? Only in his delusional mind. Perhaps he is Thailand's version of Trump. Much self aggrandizement, and a legend only in his own mind, with little regard for the facts, or the science. 

His Marijuana fueled addled brain you meant right.  The man has been high every day for the duration of the Pandemic....

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Not even the highest number of PCR test and ATK tests together..... Of course the numbers will rise. The Government wants to show that Songkran is dangerous and by rising numbers the Thai people will believe it too, they think. Is that no brainwashing?? 

"The Government wants to show that Songkran is dangerous"

Then why are they allowing it to go ahead - as they did last year?

Nothing to do with extending the "State of Emergency"?

COVID-19: Thailand reports 28,029 new coronavirus cases, 96 deaths, 23,352 recoveries

COV30.jpgFile photo

Thailand on Saturday (April 2) reported 28,029 new COVID-19 cases, 23,352 recoveries and 96 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1255471-covid-19-thailand-reports-28029-new-coronavirus-cases-96-deaths-23352-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin