TikTok video of kid getting "one soup dinner for five" goes viral

webfact

Just now, Dmaxdan said:

If any members of the government have seen this then they should hang their heads in shame. 

Fair sentiment, but reasons for such shame are plentiful and they just carry on. I made a similar comment wrt Pattaya's pavements. We get platitudes and sometimes reactive effort when issues get highlighted. 

They know no shame......

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Fair sentiment, but reasons for such shame are plentiful and they just carry on. I made a similar comment wrt Pattaya's pavements. We get platitudes and sometimes reactive effort when issues get highlighted. 

They know no shame......

They know no shame...

They no know shame....

Better the millions in their account than in someone else's, they think. You never know when they get kicked out.

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Poor little kid, probably not getting educated either.

This is shameful with government members being multi millionaires 

I hate to imagine how many times this is occurring here.

Happens all over the world everyday, unfortunately life is not fair.

Shame in able to have shame one must know the definition!  Even before Covid nothing during Covid nothing after Covid it will still be nothing. The article says "need" they should demand!  Leaders here if they care even an ounce that would help but caring about others isn't in their greedy DNA, it is about meeeeeme! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Almer said:

How is the camera rolling when these things happen, is somebody waiting in the shop ready!! and 6 million Tik tok views later.

As previously posited previously in posts, perhaps this has occurred several times, so they were either ready and waiting, or asked the child to re-enact her arrival. Thais are very bound to re-enacting situations  

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Poor little kid, probably not getting educated either.

This is shameful with government members being multi millionaires 

I hate to imagine how many times this is occurring here.

I found that in 99.9% of the countries I have been to only the poor help the poor, such a shame.

5 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

As sad as it is, the clip does look rather rehearsed.

????

Can be, however it sadly reflects todays reality for many which was probably also the intention ... 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

I found that in 99.9% of the countries I have been to only the poor help the poor, such a shame.

Yes, a real shame. The rich are takers and the poor are givers thats why it is how it is ...

5 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

It does indeed.  Especially filming before she even asks for the soup.  She also doesn't look particularly dishevelled to me, nor all that malnourished.

I have no doubt that there are many poor people struggling in Thailand right now, but this girls doesn't look like she is sharing one bag of noodle soup between five at each meal.

Maybe not, but she represents the millions of Thais who don’t get to eat their daily quota. Shame on the prime Minister, and every official who works for the Thai government.  No doubt their daughters and wives are queuing up in Central Embassy to buy the latest Gucci or Prada . 

• Like 1