Has anybody obtained a Non-O (Retirement) from Hanoi?

Has anybody obtained a non-O based on retirement from Hanoi? What are the documents required? While a reply about the the requirements with appropriate links is appreciated, I would also prefer real experiences of obtaining the visa, time required, steps followed, etc (pre-covid OK). Thanks. I have a US passport. 

Edited by Onerak

I cannot say for sure what the requirements for a Non O (over age 50) are in Hanoi. The only information on the embassy website I can find is on this page: https://rtehanoi.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/26646-issuance-of-visa?page=5d7de15d15e39c3484001bb9&menu=5d7de15d15e39c3484001bba. The page suggests that a Non O for retirement is possible but (unlike for Non B) there is no page giving the requirements.

Bear in mind that you could enter visa exempt or with a tourist visa and apply for the Non O visa at immigration instead.

14 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Bear in mind that you could enter visa exempt or with a tourist visa and apply for the Non O visa at immigration instead.

Thanks. I already know this. Trying to avoid to keep 800K in a Thai bank or paying a huge fees to an agent. I'm already planning a Vietnam vacation in the summer. If nothing else, I will pay an agent to convert to Non-O and then to an extension. Still waiting for any news for the nomad visa. I'm in information gathering phase now. Have not yet decided what route I will follow. 

Edited by Onerak

7 hours ago, Onerak said:

Has anybody obtained a non-O based on retirement from Hanoi?

Interested in replies.

Years ago when I first obtained non O retirement I could not obtain that in Saigon.

As a result ended up in Vientiane.

Charming place Not.

I will be surprised if non O retirement is available at Hanoi.

Someone with first hand experience will be along.