Get a Non O with stamp on arrival

Hello everyone,

i am facing a little issue that i am unable to answer and if someone could help me, it would be nice.

I am officially married in Thailand under the thai law with my Thai spouse since 2020.
It has been also officialized with the french embassy in Bangkok, so my wife is also recognized by french law.

We've had a children together that i recognized when he is born few years before our wedding. So our child is Thai and he has also the french nationality.
I know that Thailand recognize only the Thai nationality, so i just wanted to mention that.

Currently in France, i planne to come back to live in Thailand as soon as possible with my father.
We were living in Thailand but we've left the country mid 2020 because of the covid crisis.
- Before, my father has a Non OA obtained in France at the embassy with proof of 65.000 thb monthly incomes.
- Personally i've had a Non O obtained when i was in Thailand via a visa agency that i've paid for it.
- Now, my father, has a retired, still has more than 65.000 thb monthly that he can prove with official France taxe papers and/or pension papers.
- As a father of a Thai children and married with a Thai wife, i think that i need to show only 400.000 thb that i have in France for the moment.

I called the Thai embassy in Paris and the lady told me to apply for a Non O (for both my father and me) which would be more convenient as she said.
The problem is that we have to show that we have both 6.000€ on each bank account in France for 3 months.
So, Thai ambassy in Paris want to see 3 bank statements with this minimum (6.000€) for 3 months.
It isn't a problem, we can do it.
The advantage of this solution is that we will only have to extend this 3 months Non O to immigration but the disadvantage is that we have to wait 3 months for that plus about 1 month to get the Non O, that mean that we have to wait about 4 months before to be able to go back to Thailand.

So, my idea was to send right now 400.000 thb in my Thai bank account and to go back to Thailand with my father but without visa, just a stamp on arrival.
Once we'll get there, go to immigration and apply for a non O (for my father and me) and to show that i have 400.000 thb on my thai bank and also to show the papers of my father which show that he really has 65.000 thb monthly.
Problem, somebody told me that for the first apply, i must do it with a visa agency which will ask us 25.000 thb each (so 50.000 thb for the 2 visas) to get them.
So, is it true that we have to do it like that (to pay 50.000 thb) even if we meet the requirements or is there a way to just pay the real visa price and only to show the evidence of income for my father and bank statements for me?

Many thanks to all for the help / opinion. 

1. You can come on a "wife visa", that is Non-O obtained from Paris embassy. And can convert to extension for one year inside Thailand.

2. Father can enter visa exempt and covert to Non-O inside Thailand based on retirement with pension letter from your embassy in Thailand. 
Problem solved.

@Onerak, many thanks your answer.

1. I
have a doubt: is "visa exempt" means "stamp on arrival" please? So, if yes, as you told the problem is solved for my father (almost, see #3)
2. I know that the rules can change form an embassy to another one.
As i told in my post and to answer you #1 answer, my goal is to avoid to wait 4 months in France but to get a Non O in France they told me to show 6.000€ during 3 months so, is this procedure is not mandatory when the applicant is married?
3. I don't know if you aware about that but i've heared that i need to make my first apply to a visa agency which will ask me 50.000 thb for both visas (my father & me).

Thanks for your time. 

Edited by kokool

1. Visa exempt is the correct name for a "stamp on arrival".

2. If using the e visa site to apply for a visa the requirements are about the same for every embassy using it.

Both of you could enter visa exempt and apply for a non-o visa at immigration.

Requirements for non-o based upon marriage to a Thai. https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/6.FOR-PROVIDING-SUPPORT-TO-OR-BEING-A-DEPENDANT-OF-A-THAI-CITIZEN-SPOUSE-VISA-NON-O.pdf

For retirement is here: https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

3. You do hot have to use a agent to apply for a visa or extension of stay if you can meet the requirements.

50 minutes ago, kokool said:

3. I don't know if you aware about that but i've heared that i need to make my first apply to a visa agency which will ask me 50.000 thb for both visas (my father & me).

You take the help of visa agency only when you are not able to prove your income or want to avoid the immigration paper works, wait time, running around to collect your papers etc. Otherwise, you can do it yourself. 

A

Hello @ubonjoe,

Many thanks for your precisions.
I've lost my previous email and was unable to login with my old account but i know you (via ThaiVisa) since about 12 or 13 years.
Still here, dedicated to help the community!
Congrats Ubonjoe, thanks to you for what you have done!
Cheers & have a nice day ????

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

1. Visa exempt is the correct name for a "stamp on arrival".

2. If using the e visa site to apply for a visa the requirements are about the same for every embassy using it.

Both of you could enter visa exempt and apply for a non-o visa at immigration.

Requirements for non-o based upon marriage to a Thai. https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/6.FOR-PROVIDING-SUPPORT-TO-OR-BEING-A-DEPENDANT-OF-A-THAI-CITIZEN-SPOUSE-VISA-NON-O.pdf

For retirement is here: https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

3. You do hot have to use a agent to apply for a visa or extension of stay if you can meet the requirements.

@ubonjoe   -  I'm just looking at the Spouse Visa Non O form from above

Do you really require 400K in Thai bank ( question 7.2 ) to get the 90 day Visa?

Say after only 30 days after arriving in the country ( and you must apply with 15 days left )

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, FARANG KIWI said:

Do you really require 400K in Thai bank ( question 7.2 ) to get the 90 day Visa?

Yes you must have 400k baht in a Thai bank on the day you apply for the non-o visa.

2 minutes ago, FARANG KIWI said:

Say after only 30 days after arriving in the country ( and you must apply with 15 days left )

You can also apply for the non-o visa up to the last 15 days of the 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry.

If you need more time you could also apply for a 60 day extension to visit you wife.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you must have 400k baht in a Thai bank on the day you apply for the non-o visa.

You can also apply for the non-o visa up to the last 15 days of the 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry.

If you need more time you could also apply for a 60 day extension to visit you wife.

Always appreciate your advice ????

Edited by FARANG KIWI