Gas prices, gas station vs whisky bottles

tethys

4 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:
18 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Buy at 38B per litre, sell at 30B per 70cl = approximately 4B per litre profit.

5 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

They aren't usually full ???? 

You're right, they only put half a liter in the bottles.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:
13 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

You're right, they only put half a liter in the bottles.

10 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

That gives a more realistic profit than my estimate of 4B/L.

I've just asked my wife and she tells me they are now charging 40 baht a bottle! I've told her not to waste her money, we have a filling station only 3 km away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tethys said:

How could locals sell gas for 30 baht in whisky bottles when it costs 38 baht at the gas station?

Sorry for the laughing smiley but 38 Baht at the pump is for one liter.

A whisky bottle filled to the max is about 0.7 liter.

This alone would mean a bottle is worth 38*0.7 = 26.6 Baht (about 11 Baht profit).

And now look how well filled the bottles are :biggrin:

No question that bottle fuel is much more expensive than 95 Gasohol from a regular gas station (assuming you go for the red).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Onerak said:

I don't want to take the risk of driving it on the Thepprasit road for filling up. 

Same for me when in Pattaya driving rent scooter (insured etc.).

And the robbers at Shell South Pattaya rd. fill some V Power Ferrari stuff.

Don't even know what the price is. Sure cheaper than bottles though.

1 hour ago, Onerak said:

I use them frequently. It takes 6 bottles to fill up my scooter tank (used to be 200 baht). On the gas station, it is only 80/90 baht. I knew they are making a profits but also provide a useful service. I drive my used scooter in the back alleys only and use bolt for other places in Pattaya. My scooter neither has a registration, green book and I don't possess a motorcycle driving license. I don't want to take the risk of driving it on the Thepprasit road for filling up. 

Well I say you should be ashamed of your self as not having any legal documents.means you have no insurance .so what happens if you hit a person .. you Probley the sort that does a runner

I think these bottles or small despensers are okay for real emergency only, I never use them because who knows what the quality and purity of petrol is in those and if it's mixed up with something else...!

Last year I had a hell of a problem with the bike idling badly and it took 3 or 4 mechanics, bike under computer, many spark plugs and a lot of headache for it to go away, and after a couple of months..., still I was lucky, Honda wanted to open up the engine ...!? ????

Now most of them suspected bad gasoline, but it was hard to say, the problem is bad gas can cause lasting damage and/or take a few full tanks to clear and you never know..., just the lady luck...!

Now get off your lazy a*s and go a few km up the road to a proper gas station and fill it up... lol ????

• Like 1

21 hours ago, digbeth said:

What about the coin operated pump on the roadside usually in front of someone's houses, what's the price like, they seem to have replaced the whisky bottles in many places

One near us is about 3-4 baht litre  dearer than a big petrol station ,Thai's like them as you can put in little as 30 baht worths,enough to get you to work  and home if you are local. 

A lot also sell diesel.  

• Like 1