Can I exit Thailand with one year extension in old passport?

So I went to Chaengwattana immigration today and spoke with a couple officers there. I will leave the information here as it may be useful:

- Two officers separately told me, no need to transfer the extension from old passport to new passport before I leave. Just present both passports at the airport immigration

- The consideration period of 1 month for the one year marriage visa extension cannot be shortened for my case. I have only 3 weeks left before I fly out, they cannot make an exception. So renewing before I leave is not possible.

- They suggest either I get a new non-O visa before I enter Thailand next time. And repeat the annual extension process from there. The motions are the same, not any more tedious they say.

- Or enter Thailand on the visa exempt 30 days. Then within the first 14 days, come to Chaengwattana C1 counters and convert it into a non-O visa 90 days. The same supporting documents required, except one difference is the 400k baht in bank does not need to incubate for two months prior to application. After the 90 days, renew the annual at L1 counters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1