Horrendous stench

Ubon ratchathani province. 

Next door neighbour has a cow shed 3 metres from my home, the smell outside my patio is horrendous and causing me breathing problems, and several visits to the doctor for medication, but he refuses to relocate this shed stating that it's on his land and although I've offered to pay he still refuses. My health is a main issue now.any thoughts or advice please.

You are on a hiding to nothing. If he is already digging his heels in, he is probably looking for you to up the ante.......that is fatal.....it will be like paying a blackmailer.

Even if you pay him to move the shed elsewhere, he could just build another one in the same location.

If it is an option, move.

4 minutes ago, Colbrit said:

It's a small village.

Then I think your out of luck, because in villages there is no zoning. So they can keep cows where they want. That is village life for you.

So either move or get used to it.. or like the guy said an industrial fan would help. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Play some heavy metal music, overnight, keep the cows awake,

put them off their milking 

Buy yourself noise cancelling headphones

If they are fattening animals they grow very well with heavy metal music but I doubt Colbrit can survive ????

Edited by BE88

We had same issue, but with chickens, wife went to Amphur / pollution control folks, and they shut him down, with warning, clean up or else.  He didn't, so they did.  Chickens gone, cleaned up, and backfilled clean dirt.  No smell now.  F'g lovely ????

I would consider this rural village, so you DO have rights.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colbrit said:

Next door neighbour has a cow shed 3 metres from my home, the smell outside my patio is horrendous and causing me breathing problems, and several visits to the doctor for medication

What medication was prescribed that stops the smell of cattle?   How did the location and odour of the cow shed cause you "breathing problems" or do you just mean that you don't care for the smell? 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

have you moved to this house recently or the neighbour relocated shed next to your house?

this stench might be from internal parasite infestation. Dangerous to animals, but also to humans. Veterinarian should be called to determine health, apply medication. In extreme cull part of herd to safe the rest.

Ideally there should be a septic tank, that should be emptied frequently. It's a health hazard if there is not a one or became nonoperational. If there is some new bacteria causing stench it should be disinfected.

Possibly drains from the septic tank to some remote ditch became blocked.