Wife attacked with table leg then dragged home by jealous husband - police find her dead at his house

webfact

4pm.jpg

Sanook Thai Caption: Attacked with a club - I didn't think I'd kill her

Police Captain Phiphat Thongruang of the Thay Meuang police in Phangnga, southern Thailand, was called to a house after a murder in Bang Thong sub-district.

Dead at the house wrapped in a brown sarong was 29 year old Chattharika. Her jeans shorts were speckled with mud. 

She had several blunt force trauma wounds to the forehead and left side of her head among other injuries to her body.

She had been drinking with Suriya, 34, the owner of the house with whom the victim had been living as man and wife for the last two years, reported Sanook.

They had a big argument and Suriya attacked her. 

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The attack happened 200 meters away behind the property of a neighbor called Julin, 60, where bloodstains were found on a bed, floor and wall. 

There were signs of a fight and a table leg had come off.

Suriya admitted attacking her but said he didn't mean to kill her.

He said that after they had been drinking at home his wife disappeared and he went looking for her.

He claimed he found her in bed with a neighbor. The neighbor was just in a pair of underpants. His wife was dressed but her bra was undone.

He said he chased her then broke a table and used the leg to bash his wife 3 or four time then dragged her back home through the mud. 

Suriya's father Anudit, 61, said his son's marriage started well enough until his daughter in law and son started drinking heavily together. Suriya is a jealous man.

This daily boozing caused them to neglect their rubber and palm farming work.

He also questioned his daughter in law's fidelity and general character.

Julin said the victim had fled to another house 100 meters away before she came to his house and was attacked by her husband outside. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1
  • Sad 7

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

he didn't mean to kill her

So he thought he could whack her over the head with a lump of wood and all would be ok ?

Moron !!

Horrible thing to happen, but killing someone is much harder than you imagine.

A few whacks with a lump of wood wouldn't usually do it.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If all the attacks are unreported , how did you get to hear about the attacks ?

Here's another naive one....

If you live in a small community you'll hear of it on the grape vine.

Same as the alkies and druggies, it's not rocket science....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Village gossip isn't really a reliable source if information 

What would you consider a reliable resource?

Many of these crimes are not reported, i did mention that.....doh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yet another wife murderer. Tomorrow another gf murderer. Next day parent murderer. Then a friend murderer. Followed by a few more wife/gf murderers. Then a boss murderer and a sibling murderer. Then more wife and gf murderers. Then a stranger murderer and a sister murderer. Wash, rinse and repeat cycle all over again. The self-esteem & anger issues, uncontrollable violence and vicious murderous attacks by Thai males is off the charts. No one is exempt from their rage. The country has always had a serious problem with this and it is only getting worse. :post-4641-1156693976:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Yet another wife murderer. Tomorrow another gf murderer. Next day parent murderer. Then a friend murderer. Followed by a few more wife/gf murderers. Then a boss murderer and a sibling murderer. Then more wife and gf murderers. Then a stranger murderer and a sister murderer. Wash, rinse and repeat cycle all over again. The self-esteem & anger issues, uncontrollable violence and vicious murderous attacks by Thai males is off the charts. No one is exempt from their rage. The country has always had a serious problem with this and it is only getting worse. :post-4641-1156693976:

That's the te Buddhist belief for you. Undertake some heinous crime, nip down to the temple, make merit a few times and all will be put right in the next life. Apart from the poor buggers who got murdered that is. Just another example of how a religion or devotion can brain wash people into behaving as they do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Excel said:

That's the te Buddhist belief for you. Undertake some heinous crime, nip down to the temple, make merit a few times and all will be put right in the next life. Apart from the poor buggers who got murdered that is. Just another example of how a religion or devotion can brain wash people into behaving as they do.

Agreed, but it goes further here. Thai male upbringing is defective. No accountability or discipline. Male child-rearing needs a new version and reboot. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, webfact said:

He claimed he found her in bed with a neighbor. The neighbor was just in a pair of underpants. His wife was dressed but her bra was undone

While I don't condone murder in Thailand this is kinda asking for a reaction.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Village gossip isn't really a reliable source if information 

Agree absolutely, The village gossip to me was, my mates father was taken away dead in an ambulance,  I asked several 'locals' "are you sure" "yep him dead" I rang my mate to offer my condolences, he told me he was not dead and had been talking to him in hospital and hour ago. Never trust gossip 'coz that's all it is, they love gossip. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Agreed, but it goes further here. Thai male upbringing is defective. No accountability or discipline. Male child-rearing needs a new version and reboot. 

Not sure it is solely the upbringing. Given these daily occurrences by Thai males. their moronic attitude to driving, and in general their lack of social skills/responsibility  it would not surprise me if it were not do to some form of genetic defect because  as we know there has been so much in-breeding in the past and no doubt the present also within all levels of Thai society, it should not come as any surprise 

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 9:08 AM, webfact said:

He claimed he found her in bed with a neighbor. The neighbor was just in a pair of underpants. His wife was dressed but her bra was undone.

In these circumstances, it's a little harder to say this is a typical Thai juvenile/psychopathic response.

22 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Here's another naive one....

If you live in a small community you'll hear of it on the grape vine.

Same as the alkies and druggies, it's not rocket science....

That's a funny thing as I have been living in rural Kamphaeng Phet since 2004 and I have never heard anything like that on the grapevine.

Perhaps I live in a parallel world to you, or perhaps you live in a parallel world and not in this one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

That's a funny thing as I have been living in rural Kamphaeng Phet since 2004 and I have never heard anything like that on the grapevine.

Perhaps I live in a parallel world to you, or perhaps you live in a parallel world and not in this one.

Perhaps you should get out more.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Or simply PJ71 lives under a grapevine ????

• Haha 1