7 days to leave Thailand

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He entered with a non-o visa is why.

Since January the rules state the 60 day corvid 19 extension cannot be applied for if a person entered the country with a non immigrant visa or a 15 day visa on arrival.

OK.

So he got a COVID extension in January?

And that took him until...sometime in March?

What is his current status?

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

What is his current status?

Now sure but maybe they issued another corvid 19 extension. Some offices still did them for those married to a Thai before the new extension of the order done in March.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

So he got a COVID extension in January?

I'm thinking ...yes he obtained CE in late Jan however that 60 days would start from end of POS at that time. That could have started mid-late Feb.

What surprises me is OP had a non O and obtained 60 to visit wife and then by his words "multiple covid extensions"..

Surely would have been more simple to have obtained annual extension. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Making an application for extension 1900b that is rejected and given 7 days to exit, just to save few bucks on flight ticket? 

Crazy idea in my thinking. 

Isn't the "7 days to leave country" a glaring red stamp in your passport?

Which doesn't look good when applying for a visa at an embassy... or when entering Thailand, and the IO wants to find a reason to deny you entry?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThLT said:

Isn't the "7 days to leave country" a glaring red stamp in your passport?

Which doesn't look good when applying for a visa at an embassy... or when entering Thailand, and the IO wants to find a reason to deny you entry?

I have never seen any evidence that the authorities are concerned at that stamp, as long as you obey the order to leave. You have been totally legal throughout, and you may often end up with the stamp for something simple like the end of your work contract with no suitable extension being available to gain you a few days to get your affairs in order prior to leaving. Overstay stamps (even for short overstays) can occasionally be a genuine problem, however.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm thinking ...yes he obtained CE in late Jan however that 60 days would start from end of POS at that time. That could have started mid-late Feb.

What surprises me is OP had a non O and obtained 60 to visit wife and then by his words "multiple covid extensions"..

yep would have been easier

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

He may not have qualified for annual extension of stay.  

What do you mean? 

He didn't have 400k to place in bank for few months but can however obtain extension to visit wife and "several covid extensions".

49 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What do you mean? 

He didn't have 400k to place in bank for few months but can however obtain extension to visit wife and "several covid extensions".

That is what I mean - not meeting financials - many have lived for years here full time without one year extensions of stay - kind of a mess now with borders closed but not all have the financials (and some do not even know about one year extensions).  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

That is what I mean - not meeting financials - many have lived for years here full time without one year extensions of stay - kind of a mess now with borders closed but not all have the financials (and some do not even know about one year extensions).  

Maybe I'm too harsh.

The ME marriage that many married guys obtain from Savannakhet is a cosy one year visa and if married I would most likely use them.

Since covid it's been widely advised that a 12 month extension is available. 

Some can not muster the 400k for a few months. Which they can they use to live off after extentions granted.

Bit sad in my book.

Married guys have it so easy and yet some struggle. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Krisptron said:

Why was the marriage visa denied? 

He may have had a ME marriage.

That visa allows for 90 day stay and then you need exit Thailand and reenter. 

Not possible since covid with borders closed. 

He had option to obtain 12 month extension however that requires financials. 

Money in bank for couple of months would have been best option.

Instead used extension to visit wife and several covid extensions.

Edited by DrJack54

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He entered with a non-o visa is why.

Since January the rules state the 60 day corvid 19 extension cannot be applied for if a person entered the country with a non immigrant visa or a 15 day visa on arrival.

I think it's wrong, I got another covid extension on Non-O and my friends also. I got covid extensions since the start 2 years ago, and never had a problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, thailandbeachisland said:

I think it's wrong, I got another covid extension on Non-O and my friends also. I got covid extensions since the start 2 years ago, and never had a problem.

Surprising. At which immigration office were you successful? Did your friends enter Thailand with a Non Immigrant visa or with a 15-day visa on arrival? Did you all go through an agent, or apply directly yourself? The published rules definitely now state that only those on regular tourist visas or visa exempt entry qualify.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, thailandbeachisland said:

How did you enter Thailand? 

My guess is with tourist visa or visa exempt. 

Obtained a non O later? 

If that's the case, then sure covid extensions no problem.

Which immigration office. 

Edited by DrJack54

On 4/19/2022 at 9:52 AM, DrJack54 said:

They wanted me to show 400k in a Thai bank. I just don’t have 400k

On 4/20/2022 at 9:22 AM, DrJack54 said:

How did you enter Thailand? 

My guess is with tourist visa or visa exempt. 

Obtained a non O later? 

If that's the case, then sure covid extensions no problem.

Which immigration office. 

I entered with Non-O visa based on marriage.