Wichian, one of PPRP’s co-founders, resigns from party citing changed ideology

webfact

screenshot_17503.jpg

By Erich Parpart

One of the co-founders of the ruling Palang Pracharath Party (PPRP) resigned from the party he helped create on Monday effectively ending his status as a member of parliament.

“The party has changed to the point where it is unable to operate according to the ideology for which it was created,” Wichian Chavalit told reporters.

“I have to look for a party with similar stance and ideology,” he said. Wichian did not say which party he will join but he said he was approached by the Sang Anakot Thai Party (SAT) or Building Thailand’s Future Party.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/39454/vichian-one-of-pprps-co-founders-resigns-from-party-citing-changed-ideology/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-04-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I guess the huge money and power has gotten to their heads, and their extreme lack of morality, ethics, honor, honesty, or any sort of code of behavior prevents them from ever doing the right thing.

In Thai politics nothing is more important than the bank balance.

• Like 1

there is no ideology in this party and it's now about support for Prawit at the election. 

So those in Prayuth clique are sidelined and forced out.

Too late for Prayuth to get any large party behind him. The only hope for him is senate.

But PPRP is also disintegrating, did poorly in some by-elections. Hence they are already trying behind the scene to form coalition with phuathai

Edited by internationalism

24 minutes ago, Excel said:

And also those who support them

In a country of no laws except Culture there can be no Crime only deviation from culture.
senseless murder or grand corruption ? Paid Off. Wrong Wai ? Loss of Face. Very Bad, marked for Death ! 

30 minutes ago, internationalism said:

there is no ideology in this party and it's now about support for Prawit at the election. 

So those in Prayuth clique are sidelined and forced out.

Too late for Prayuth to get any large party behind him.

But PPRP is also disintegrating, did poorly in some by-elections. Hence they are already trying to form coalition with phuathai

“Democracy” here, lacking all necessary pre- conditions, is funnier than the Ricky Gervais Golden Globes performances….well, almost. 

How curious.

You mean you can no longer identify with the ideology that PPRP was actually founded POST-coup (by YOU, no less!) for the sole purpose of creating a political platform for all these generals that usurped power in the first place and then desperately needed a vehicle for themselves and their sycophants to continue holding on to it?

Well, good luck, Mr. Wichian. I am sure you'll find a new party very soon given the incorruptible moral backbone that you have already proven by hooking up with the 2014 coup leaders. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I was told it was a caretaker party, designed to help the nation get thorough the political morass, created by the shutdowns. I distinctly remember Cha Cha saying it would take about 2 years, then free and open elections would be held. I never thought they would stoop so low as to rewrite the constitution, and ensure themselves perpetuity, by installing 250 bought and paid for senators. 

I guess the huge money and power has gotten to their heads, and their extreme lack of morality, ethics, honor, honesty, or any sort of code of behavior prevents them from ever doing the right thing.

I hope, as many others do, that they eventually pay a high price for their crimes against the nation. 

Surely you must have this wrong, Steven100 has reliably informed me that these gentlemen saved the nation from a fate worse than death - actual democracy!

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

It was never a caretaker party. It was always part of the process, carefully planned and implemented over a number of years to stop the establishment of popularly elected governments. To do this it was necessary to create a political party to front the process whilst commercial, military and beaurocratic power bases cemented themselves into power.

Of course, to maintain the facade occasional "elections" are necessary. But they are just that, a facade. 

And you are likely correct. And we all know who supported the transition. It is one of the saddest aspects of life in Thailand right now. 

I am trying a new approach. Other than moaning on this forum, I am pretending to be a sand crab on the beach. I just keep my head in the sand most of the time.