Need to transfer large amount of USD to Thailand ,

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

"Clearly you have more money than sense  in wanting Thai banks to convert your foreign transfer's once here into THB, But still as the saying goes, there's one born every minute. So just have a nice day."

Exchange rates in Thailand are always better.

They’re Mandatory for Wire Transfer. Can’t send Baht into Thailand. 

21 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Right now, $13,000 USD

SWIFT 438,380

WISE 438,688

Sorry, this excludes any SWIFT international Wire Transfer fee that the originating U.S. bank charges. This might range from 0$ to $50.

My bank doesn't charge any fee, so I often assume others are in the same boat. Again, sorry.

It does include the 500 baht fee (maximum, in the case of this dollar amount) BBL charges for foreign remittances.

Personally, for a automobile purchase I'd use WISE. For a condo purchase or for Immigration I'd use SWIFT. But that's a personal, individual choice.

Hopefully the OP follows up after making the transfer.

21 hours ago, SymS said:

It's to pay for services and salary, so I can't really select the option "payment for long stay in Thailand" which would show the transfer is coming from overseas.

Of course you could as no-one else would know.

The other way to prove it is to ask the bank for a credit advice note.  This is what people using the funds for visa purposes have to do when Wise lets them down.