Man arrested after stabbing 2 people at shopping mall in Bangkok

webfact

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivXcKQUmGdX7gWr5zR8KUzBBUcTLrYjLAwKd4gs.jpg

A man was arrested shortly after he allegedly attacked two shoppers with a knife at CentralWorld shopping mall in the Ratchaprasong commercial area of Bangkok late yesterday afternoon (Tuesday).

A statement, posted by CentralWorld on its Facebook page, said security guards managed to detain the assailant within about five minutes of the attack.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Two women were injured and they were rushed to the nearest hospital for treatment. They are now reported to be in a stable condition, said the statement, as it assured shoppers that the mall has systems which can respond quickly to an emergency situation.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/man-arrested-after-stabbing-2-people-at-shopping-mall-in-bangkok/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-04-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

54 minutes ago, webfact said:

managed to detain the assailant within about five minutes of the attack.

55 minutes ago, webfact said:

as it assured shoppers that the mall has systems which can respond quickly to an emergency situation.

Yup....just deal for 5 then we are live!!

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Two women were injured and they were rushed to the nearest hospital for treatment. They are now reported to be in a stable condition, said the statement, as it assured shoppers that the mall has systems which can respond quickly to an emergency situation.

I'm sure the two victims are heartened to hear that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whaleboneman said:

It's certainly good that they have a metal detector at the entrance to many malls. 

Yeah , great idea, long as there are no cutlery shops in the mall !!! Time to ban Mr DIY from malls too or price knives too expensive for Thais to buy in a mall ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whaleboneman said:

It's certainly good that they have a metal detector at the entrance to many malls. Or at least it would be if the thing wasn't going off every second person with security not seeming to care.

I seen the knife on the news. It was one of them stationary/utility ones with the snap off blades. Likely took it from B2S 

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

As long as they don't pull out guns and start shooting like the madness in the US now...

That has happened here more than once, gun crime is on the rise in Thailand, weekly we hear news of shootings, M/C taxi drivers, Parricide, Filicide, Jilted jealous lovers, rival Tech school gangs, the list is endless.

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Where are the details? What country was the stabber from? Why did he stab them? I think everyone would like to know the details before it goes to print.

as for me: I don't want to know the details = I give a damn

As long as they don’t use a gun like in the US?   I guess it’s better in Thailand because they use a knife or a different type of weapon instead.   And try watching the news every night on the Thai stations.  People getting stabbed, assaulted, or shot  daily here in the supposed land of smiles. 
Sure there are not as many mass incidents as in other parts of the world  But Thailand has its share of violence.  A lot of it because of immaturity.  

• Like 2

May just be a blip, but it does seem that people are coming out of the pandemic a little more unhinged than before. Where I am now in Singapore, we've had three 'slashing attacks' in the past 6 weeks. First guy going after cars and people randomly with a Japanese katana sword, second case was two guys with parangs (machetes). Then last week, a guy tried to hack his wife to death with a cleaver in the middle of a busy street in broad daylight. In all cases, the victims survived (though the wife will probably lose a hand at the very least). Still, I have to say I'm happy to live in a place where guns aren't easily available, with this sort of stuff going on...  

• Like 1