Electric Vehicles in Thailand

56 minutes ago, Melpomene said:

This is slightly beyond my Thai language reading skills, but are some BYD dealers now including window film with the Seal ? See the highlighted text:IMG-20231114-WA0001.jpg.91a94f37dd638641b4561737cbe3a6a2.jpg

Only film for the central screen ( Info screen ) . Which I think is already standard.

IMG_1735.thumb.jpeg.d765c716724fe8efc9d80b55c4a4a9f5.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I see a post on FB today complaining about the price of charging in the shopping mall, the post was specific to EV Station PluZ .

They were charged 9 baht a unit ( pump prices for EV PluZ are 7.5/5.5 baht) .

Does this apply to other energy suppliers also ?, if so would explain the lack of customers at my local mall , Central Ayutthaya, with around 10 chargers have only ever seen one charger occupied.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I see a post on FB today complaining about the price of charging in the shopping mall, the post was specific to EV Station PluZ .

Does this apply to other energy suppliers also ?, if so would explain the lack of customers at my local mall , Central Ayutthaya, with around 10 chargers have only ever seen one charger occupied.

If memory serves, Bluport Mall/Hua Hin, was 10 baht for fast charger, and 60 baht an hour for slow 7kWh charger, so also around the 10 baht per mark.  Need to verify that, but think it's accurate.

ICONSIAM review, not sure the vendor, stated 10 baht per kWh.  

A lot of the eVolt CS are by the hour, and we made the mistake of putting 1000 baht on the app, which we've yet to use, and you can't transfer it off the app.   That may take forever to use it, if even possible for us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If memory serves, Bluport Mall/Hua Hin, was 10 baht for fast charger, and 60 baht an hour for slow 7kWh charger, so also around the 10 baht per mark.  Need to verify that, but think it's accurate.

ICONSIAM review, not sure the vendor, stated 10 baht per kWh.  

A lot of the eVolt CS are by the hour, and we made the mistake of putting 1000 baht on the app, which we've yet to use, and you can't transfer it off the app.   That may take forever to use it, if even possible for us.

I know you have solar and use MG charger sometimes but what would be your recommendation for charging on a longer trip, PT , PTT etc ??

44 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

There are different prices for peak or off peak. Maybe I’m going blind, but I couldn’t see the times

IMG_2656.thumb.png.47652538eefc0b8fde5605bead419be3.png

IMG_2657.thumb.jpeg.ce0ffdf57f043455aac7f7241bc71262.jpeg

IMG_2658.thumb.jpeg.1fb9d6f29a0480e402db5168f8bc9f5c.jpeg

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I know you have solar and use MG charger sometimes but what would be your recommendation for charging on a longer trip, PT , PTT etc ??

If off peak suits you, PEA is 4.5 and EV Station PluZ is 5.5 baht. 

Peak times: PEA is 6.9 and EV Station PluZ is 7.5.

Edited by macahoom
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

There are different prices for peak or off peak. Maybe I’m going blind, but I couldn’t see the times

Just called the call center 9am - 4pm is off-peak

which seems to be a lie

Could contain:

Edited by Bandersnatch

7 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

IMG_2656.thumb.png.47652538eefc0b8fde5605bead419be3.png

IMG_2657.thumb.jpeg.ce0ffdf57f043455aac7f7241bc71262.jpeg

IMG_2658.thumb.jpeg.1fb9d6f29a0480e402db5168f8bc9f5c.jpeg

That presumably is at a gas station, whereas the FB post was talking about EV PluZ located in a a mall, seems like gas stations have a regular price 7.5/5.5 baht whereas malls, and presumably restaurants or hotels etc have a premium charging rate of 9 baht 

IMG_1740.thumb.png.126f582953f6b2653f83ceb3c6a827db.png

15 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

Just called the call center 9am - 4pm is off-peak

This doesn't make sense.

From memory, I believe off peak for all the companies is something like Mon-Fri 10pm-9am, and weekends: Fri 10pm until Mon 9am.

Edited by macahoom
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, macahoom said:

If off peak suits you, PEA is 4.5 and EV Station PluZ is 5.5 baht. 

Peak times: PEA is 6.9 and EV Station PluZ is 7.5.

Thanks

Personally, off-peak is preferable but only on a weekend for me, can’t see myself charging after 10 pm, way past my bedtime especially on a long trip.

Historically we have always stopped at PTT ( wife likes her Amazon and Seven fix ) and will probably continue to do so. PEA is cheaper but presumably fewer charging stations available.

Suppose I will prepare by setting up a few accounts on the different suppliers and then charging will be dependent on time and location, a little test on each supplier locally before embarking on any long trip.

We do tend to decide on the spur of the moment to travel up to Chiang Mai or down to Chumphon for example.

But I guess, economy wise, Off-peak is cheapest, PEA next, then the various gas stations and malls/hotels/restaurants as a last resort ?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

We use PTT/EV Station Pluz & PEA Volta quite a bit also.  EleXa if available is nice, as usually next to a good vendor, coffee shop.

EV Station Pluz, and timing is important, as need to get there as close to the top of hour, just past, as possible.  As machines reset at 55 mins after the hour.

Have EA Anywhere, though yet to use, and eVolt, mentioned, want to use, but yet to find one/DC, convenient or needed.

Yet to be stuck for choice, while O&A, and plenty available.  MG a plus, since restricted to owners or card holders, so little concern of a Q.  Haven't needed to Q up yet, anywhere, any vendor, even the few times we traveled during weekend.

A little common sense, avoid high traffic tourist areas, which isn't our thing anyway, and know where the next CS is, JIC, a Q or inop machine.  PlugShare and vendor apps give you all the info you need.

Gmaps is slowly catching, but a poor source for CS station location or info.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, macahoom said:

PEA is available at Bangchak (Lemon Green) stations. There are plenty of them about. 

Thanks, PTT is king in our region and on our most common routes ( Ayutthaya and north from there ) but I guess there will be more appearing, didn’t they recently buy ESSO ?

12 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

We use PTT/EV Station Pluz & PEA Volta quite a bit also.  EleXa if available is nice, as usually next to a good vendor, coffee shop.

EV Station Pluz, and timing is important, as need to get there as close to the top of hour, just past, as possible.  As machines reset at 55 mins after the hour.

Have EA Anywhere, though yet to use, and eVolt, mentioned, want to use, but yet to find one/DC, convenient or needed.

Yet to be stuck for choice, while O&A, and plenty available.  MG a plus, since restricted to owners or card holders, so little concern of a Q.  Haven't needed to Q up yet, anywhere, any vendor, even the few times we traveled during weekend.

A little common sense, avoid high traffic tourist areas, which isn't our thing anyway, and know where the next CS is, JIC, a Q or inop machine.  PlugShare and vendor apps give you all the info you need.

We're headed to Krung Thep Saturday, hang out with daughter.  To KT on Saturday from South is good, as everyone else is leaving KT southbound to the beaches (Cha Am/HH).   We'll probably top up at the 250 kms mark, at MG outside KT, on hwy #35, so don't even need to think about charging, in a city of 10 million+ people.

Nice break after 3ish hrs on the road, before hitting city traffic.  Hotel only being another 30 kms away.  Leaving MG at 80% will be quick and more than we need while at KT, and getting away from the city when leaving.

If we only stay the one night, the same applies for heading South on Sunday, when most are returning Northward from the beaches.  One top up, and a short one at that, will get us home, with 20-30%, then we top up to 100% using solar.

Makes going to KT/daughter, ridiculously inexpensive vs petrol.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Thanks, PTT is king in our region and on our most common routes ( Ayutthaya and north from there ) but I guess there will be more appearing, didn’t they recently buy ESSO ?

Bangchak stations are a favorite also, using PEA chargers, and they just bought Shell.  Having Inthanon coffee shop, sometimes a convenience store.  New plazas are large, and will compete with PTT Parks.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, KhunLA said:

...  PlugShare and vendor apps give you all the info you need.

Hardly use Plugshare but Apple Maps (CarPlay) which contains almost all CS stations.

• Thanks 1

Welcome back, what have we missed ?

Well BYD are offering a 3 car giveaway for BYD owners to commemorate 19,999 cars sold .

Plus, Dolphin buyers will get a free charger and free maintenance/service .

Atto 3 buyers will get 2 years free insurance.

Seems like 3 good deals to me !

( forum limitations not allowing me to post a photo currently ).

• Like 2

Sales Report : BEST SELLER Passenger Cars October 2023 | ICE – HEV – BEV 100% electric

IMG_2812.png.e15221b5050ba193b9382aa4da6175c2.png

https://autolifethailand.tv/sales-report-best-seller-passenger-cars-oct-2023/

Sales Report : BEST SELLER Passenger Cars October 2023 | ICE – HEV – BEV 100% electric

Top 12 Passenger Cars in October 2023

• Number 1 Toyota Yaris ATIV : 4,308 cars
  • Number 2 BYD Dolphin : 2,413 cars*
  • Number 3 Toyota Yaris Cross: 2,399  cars
  • Number 4 Honda CR-V : 2,169 cars
  • No. 5 Honda HR-V : 1,451 units
  • Number 6 BYD Atto 3 : 1,427 cars*
  • No. 7 Honda City : 1,377 units
  • Number 8 Toyota Yaris : 1,212 cars
  • Number 9 Honda City Hatchback : 1,124 cars
  • Number 10 Toyota Corolla Cross : 982 cars
  • Number 11 NETA V : 951 cars*
  • No. 12 Honda Civic : 828 units

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

BYD Seal AWD Performance Launch Control

Launch.thumb.jpg.2a3b6078ad41cad11737eb28f5bd3256.jpg

I could be mistaken, but it looks like your state of charge is under 95%. 

According to BYD, to achieve maximum possible acceleration, SOC should be 95% or above.That would explain why you were quite a bit slower than 3.8 seconds.

Edited by macahoom
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, macahoom said:

I could be mistaken, but it looks like your state of charge is under 95%. 

According to BYD, to achieve maximum possible acceleration, SOC should be 95% or above.That would explain why you were quite a bit slower than 3.8 seconds.

You are right, the car was less 95% and yes the manual says 95% for best result.

Will do another run when I have the chance 

• Thumbs Up 2