Electric Vehicles in Thailand

7 hours ago, vinny41 said:

On June 17, 2024, reporters reported that The 100% Chinese electric car company BYD is preparing to officially open the BYD car factory at WHA Industrial Estate, Rayong Province, Thailand on July 4th.

The reporter further reported that This factory will begin producing the first 100% electric cars ( EVs ) for the Thai market. And to support export markets in ASEAN and Europe as well, is BYD Dolphin

And previously, Reve Thailand announced the idea that it plans to produce and assemble a plug-in hybrid vehicle (PHEV) at its factory in Thailand as well. Because the company cannot import and sell the entire vehicle. Because the tax costs are quite high.

https://www.prachachat.net/motoring/news-1588401

Wow, when the Chinese says Q3, they mean business. 

24 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Screenshot_20240505_182645_Facebook.thumb.jpg.e62009974efd8b97f1a0ac608a7d1c4b.jpg

The small (engine) Cat 🐈

I like the way it looks. Kind of a retro Beetle. The 07 kind of a retro Karmann Gia...

7 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Not buying something doesn't mean you don't want it

When you assume you make an Ass out of U and, er, just U

We all know precentage calculations are a struggle for many EV owners, but they are buying. 90% are buying ICE (or hybrid) vehicles. 

14 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Now we are on a subject that seems to interest you a lot, I guess we have discovered why many EV owners avoid dino juice.

FB_IMG_1718778308073.jpg

On 6/20/2024 at 4:20 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

BYD did this before with the Dolphin, they removed the free wall charger and installation ( offered both for 25k ) and no free servicing only to add those back to the deal again shortly after.

Difficult to keep up with these marketing ploys.

For existing Byd owners or anyone that was planning to use BYD Loyalty Privilege campaign
 Friend Gets Friend Campaign the savings are very small compared to pre discount pricing and freebies

1. Maintenance cost for 8 years 160,000 km = 26,550

2. Charged cable with installation = 35,000

Can't join campaign (charge credit)

1. Referral fee credit charge 30,000

2. Existing customer bought credit recharge 40,000

https://www.reverautomotive.com/news/friend-gets-friend-campaign

Total, no additional payment if you use all the rights = 131,550

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2389905174463399/permalink/7667635510023646

so anyone that was planning to use all of the above the savings on the new price reductions against pre discount prices are B8,549 and savings of B28,549 on the extended model

Edited by vinny41
add

43 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

33 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

We all know precentage calculations are a struggle for many EV owners, but they are buying. 90% are buying ICE (or hybrid) vehicles. 

I am not buying a Rolls Royce Spectre EV, does that mean I don't want it?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

For existing Byd owners or anyone that was planning to use BYD Loyalty Privilege campaign
 Friend Gets Friend Campaign the savings are very small compared to pre discount pricing and freebies

1. Maintenance cost for 8 years 160,000 km = 26,550

2. Charged cable with installation = 35,000

Can't join campaign (charge credit)

1. Referral fee credit charge 30,000

2. Existing customer bought credit recharge 40,000

Total, no additional payment if you use all the rights = 131,550

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2389905174463399/permalink/7667635510023646

so anyone that was planning to use all of the above the savings on the new price reductions against pre discount prices are B8,549 and savings of B28,549 on the extended model

I'm awaiting my 30,000 THB Charging credit for a referral I made when the campaign first started.  It takes up to 60 days apparently, that is the 17th July.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I'm awaiting my 30,000 THB Charging credit for a referral I made when the campaign first started.  It takes up to 60 days apparently, that is the 17th July.

it does state within 60 days here

The company will transfer BYD Euro Privilege credits to the existing customer's ReverSharger application within 60 days after receiving the new customer's new vehicle delivery information. This BYD Euro Privilege credit transfer will be based on and based on the chassis number (VIN Number) of the original customer.

BYD Euro Privilege credits are valid until 31 December 2026 only and are not transferable or exchangeable for cash.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Do you really think that the majority of people are dreaming about having an EV, but the day they purchase a new vehicle some evil 😈 petroleum elf knocks them on the head and 90% buy an ICE or hybrid vehicle?

christmas-zombie-elf-with-evil-smile_6460-1010.jpg

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

You're reading it wrong.

It's not aimed at the intelligent EVangelista but at the average IQ level of anyone who buys a new ICE vehicle in this the technological age.  

Why are you assuming that? 

47 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

You could use that argument 3 years ago, when overpriced Teslas were the only EVs on the market, but with EVs scraping the bottom of the price barrel, that is just another false statement. 

50 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

2 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

You could use that argument 3 years ago, when overpriced Teslas were the only EVs on the market, but with EVs scraping the bottom of the price barrel, that is just another false statement. 

But I do want a Rolls Royce Spectre.

Temp.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Do you really think that the majority of people are dreaming about having an EV, but the day they purchase a new vehicle some evil 😈 petroleum elf knocks them on the head and 90% buy an ICE or hybrid vehicle?

christmas-zombie-elf-with-evil-smile_6460-1010.jpg

You are showing your ignorance of the Aussie car market. Guess which category of vehicles top the sales charts? Hint: it’s not sedans or hatchbacks or SUVs.

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

You are showing your ignorance of the Aussie car market. Guess which category of vehicles top the sales charts? Hint: it’s not sedans or hatchbacks or SUVs.

I take that as a compliment, but please enlightening me.

3 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I take that as a compliment, but please enlightening me.

I’m gonna guess it’s the ute 

pickup to non Aussies

Edited by JBChiangRai
Spolling

On 6/20/2024 at 9:07 AM, vinny41 said:

also missing Maintenance service, labor, spare parts for x number of years

On 6/20/2024 at 10:14 AM, Pib said:

It still may have the service based on below...maybe just not clear in the promotion/advertising.

Spare parts and extended warranty Please refer to the company's letter on extending the quality guarantee period (Extended Warranty) including changes made by the company. Will be announced in the future.

I had a LINE messaging chat with a Bangkok BYD dealership today....the dealership's LINE point of contact is fluent in English.  Confirmed the 22-30 June 2024 Dolphin promotion does "not" include Free Spare and Maintenance for 8 years/160K Km (not to be confused with the 8 years/160K KM warranty). 

But if a person buys and takes delivery "before" the promotion begins 22 June Free Spares and Maintenance is included but no Bt100K price reduction. 

I expect after the promotion ends on 30 June and the Bt100K price reduction goes bye-bye then the Free Spares and Maintenance will return with the Dolphin going back to its regular/current price.

• Thanks 1