Electric Vehicles in Thailand

5 hours ago, Pib said:

Thanks.  As I use Android I downloaded/installed it from Google Play vs the link in the Facebook image. 

Google Play shows the new app  being added 18 Sep 2024.   After installing it from Google Play I used my logon credentials that I used for the original app and I was kinda expecting a rejection along the lines of needing to register again, but it accepted my logon credentials and also sent me  OTP to confirm/complete the logon.  

And all info from the original app such as my EV info, payment card number (redacted), my current Wallet amount of a little over one hundred baht, and all the other info from the original app  was indeed showing in the new app.   So, all the info does automatically transfer over from the old app to the new app.   

Now you can still use the old app at least for now BUT when your log into the new app it will log you out of the old app.  If you log into the old app it will log you out of the new app.  Can't be logged into both at the same time.

Anyway, the new app is indeed available for download from Google Play (see below).  A little strange they just didn't update the original app via Google Play "automatic" update vs creating a new, separate app.  Maybe it has something to do with EA Anywhere financial challenges it has been experiencing regarding some bond payments coming due....you can google it and find articles about this like on the Bangkok Post.  Or maybe it just a technical issue with this app that required a new, separate app vs just automatic update of the old/original app.   

Link to new app on Google Play   

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=evapp.eaanywhere&hl=en

image.png.3c7359291bd125b3c411c9c148fb7e6b.png

Absolute Energy has turned to Absolute Fraud and the stock is down 90%.

What a wonderful green world.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Ok, you win. 90% of EVs catch fire. So don’t buy an EV, ok? Maybe stop talking about EV fires on this thread? Maybe stop talking altogether? Just joking.

It is not about winning, it is about factual information.

Just stay away from the EV propaganda cherry pot and we can all drive happily into the sunset 🌇

NB: I am not the one that start the fire debate, I just react to fake and obvious misreading information.

• Confused 3

Neta V.

https://www.neta.co.th/th/product/NetaV

https://www.one2car.com/for-sale/neta-neta-v-ภาคตะวันออก-อำเภอศรีราชา/15062896

How to turn 550,000 into 320,000 in just one year. 😅😂🤣

229,000 loss, if can even get a buyer. For 6,100km.

37 baht per km, or the same price of 1 liter of gas 95. 🤣😂😅

11 hours ago, Pib said:

Thanks.  As I use Android I downloaded/installed it from Google Play vs the link in the Facebook image. 

Google Play shows the new app  being added 18 Sep 2024.   After installing it from Google Play I used my logon credentials that I used for the original app and I was kinda expecting a rejection along the lines of needing to register again, but it accepted my logon credentials and also sent me  OTP to confirm/complete the logon.  

And all info from the original app such as my EV info, payment card number (redacted), my current Wallet amount of a little over one hundred baht, and all the other info from the original app  was indeed showing in the new app.   So, all the info does automatically transfer over from the old app to the new app.   

Now you can still use the old app at least for now BUT when your log into the new app it will log you out of the old app.  If you log into the old app it will log you out of the new app.  Can't be logged into both at the same time.

Anyway, the new app is indeed available for download from Google Play (see below).  A little strange they just didn't update the original app via Google Play "automatic" update vs creating a new, separate app.  Maybe it has something to do with EA Anywhere financial challenges it has been experiencing regarding some bond payments coming due....you can google it and find articles about this like on the Bangkok Post.  Or maybe it just a technical issue with this app that required a new, separate app vs just automatic update of the old/original app.   

Link to new app on Google Play   

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=evapp.eaanywhere&hl=en

image.png.3c7359291bd125b3c411c9c148fb7e6b.png

I will add that you can now add funds to your EA Anywhere wallet via QR Code/Prompt Pay in addition to debit/credit card. 

To the best of my memory when I registered with EA Anywhere around late last year the only payment option was adding the  debit/credit card payment option in order to top-up your wallet/pay for charging; otherwise, I would have never added my Thai bank debit card as a payment option. 

This morning I did two tests by adding 10 baht each time to my wallet via QR code/Prompt Pay and it worked no problem.  So, I then deleted the Thai bank debit card as a payment option as I prefer not to have any card info online unless I have to. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Neta V.

https://www.neta.co.th/th/product/NetaV

https://www.one2car.com/for-sale/neta-neta-v-ภาคตะวันออก-อำเภอศรีราชา/15062896

How to turn 550,000 into 320,000 in just one year. 😅😂🤣

229,000 loss, if can even get a buyer. ....

the entire automotive industry is undergoing a transformation like never before. the advancements and progress in electric mobility have gained significant momentum. i think it will take several more years for consumers and the market to fully adapt to the new realities.

right now, buying a new car is only worthwhile for those who plan to keep it for several years. the days of buying a new model every year without significant loss are over. this applies to both electric vehicles and internal combustion engine (ice) vehicles alike ...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

We just took delivery of a Toyota Yaris Cross HEV  whilst only a hybrid it is very nice indeed and IMO better than the  CRV we had before, and I might add a lot less expensive than the current models on offer.

Better fuel consumption, better to drive, better acceleration, better cornering, better safety features and better (electric) seating and the wife loves it 🙂 

20240912_111620.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

You obviously have never been in a Toyota then

IMG_1854.jpeg.5cb0cbc3ac5055af69ecf3d4e3d73b48.jpeg

IMG_1855.jpeg.fe11758510ae5fa9ec1cc1f6b19689c1.jpeg

I don't think my new Toyota interior is ugly 😃

Toyota.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Car interiors here in Thailand are varied with Honda and Toyota sticking to the more traditional colour scheme and the Chinese imports going for a more colourful approach.

(Although that has changed slightly with MG and BYD favouring darker colour interiors recently).

Some of the Chinese imports interiors are a bit of a shock to the system when you first take a look but if you own one you will adapt quite quickly.

My taste has done a full circle, have owned these:

1) Honda

IMG_4790.jpeg

2) MG

IMG_4786.jpeg.53d95ef4b4b6e6c34bfcda9cc2f26aa0.jpeg

3) GWM

IMG_4787.jpeg.2a990703841218e33cf875f90d5c2146.jpeg

4) BYD

IMG_4789.webp.2b620975daab356a492b3bcca8108813.webp

While the lighter/more colours interiors can be nice i still prefer a classy/classic black.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

I don't think my new Toyota interior is ugly 😃

Toyota.jpg

Apparently the regular critics we get on this discussion drives a 10 year old Yaris,

“My 10 year old Yaris is cheaper to run than an EV”

hence my choice of the interior from a 10 year old Yaris to compare to the Avatar. 

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

Apparently the regular critics we get on this discussion drives a 10 year old Yaris,

“My 10 year old Yaris is cheaper to run than an EV”

hence my choice of the interior from a 10 year old Yaris to compare to the Avatar. 

Google Lens indicates that picture is from a 2007/2008 Yaris maybe that's why you didn't provide a liink to your source picture

Here is an 8 year old picture of the cockpit of a 2016 Toyota Yaris ( 8 years old ) and its completely different from your 2007/2008 cockpit picture

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/toyota/yaris/2016/photos-interior

29 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Google Lens indicates that picture is from a 2007/2008 Yaris maybe that's why you didn't provide a liink to your source picture

Here is an 8 year old picture of the cockpit of a 2016 Toyota Yaris ( 8 years old ) and its completely different from your 2007/2008 cockpit picture

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/toyota/yaris/2016/photos-interior

Google indicates that your link is to an American website presumably showing a picture of a 2016 Toyota Yaris available in the US.

As this topic is “ Electric Vehicles in Thailand “ it would be a better comparison to show a Thai 2016 Toyota Yaris interior.

Here’s some courtesy of Facebook Marketplace.

IMG_4792.thumb.jpeg.9da84d85789d70c201113a31c841bcff.jpeg

IMG_4793.thumb.jpeg.a62f455da2d73e5da9b6f6050d77351c.jpeg

IMG_4794.thumb.jpeg.1b81ea8f764645abae32631cd65d29e1.jpeg

IMG_4795.thumb.jpeg.43961441f7ff0a1aa695fff43bdbd3f5.jpeg

IMG_4798.thumb.jpeg.a2a9e9bf5cc7fc9ba43c7aa6f25af4a3.jpeg

IMG_4799.thumb.png.2b6c13a6a4c578f781a343cd7d95776f.png

A bit different to your rendering:

IMG_4801.thumb.jpeg.4e84f6628c0bc02af0a6ede45e7683a8.jpeg

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Google indicates that your link is to an American website presumably showing a picture of a 2016 Toyota Yaris available in the US.

As this topic is “ Electric Vehicles in Thailand “ it would be a better comparison to show a Thai 2016 Toyota Yaris interior.

Here’s some courtesy of Facebook Marketplace.

IMG_4792.thumb.jpeg.9da84d85789d70c201113a31c841bcff.jpeg

IMG_4793.thumb.jpeg.a62f455da2d73e5da9b6f6050d77351c.jpeg

IMG_4794.thumb.jpeg.1b81ea8f764645abae32631cd65d29e1.jpeg

IMG_4795.thumb.jpeg.43961441f7ff0a1aa695fff43bdbd3f5.jpeg

IMG_4798.thumb.jpeg.a2a9e9bf5cc7fc9ba43c7aa6f25af4a3.jpeg

IMG_4799.thumb.png.2b6c13a6a4c578f781a343cd7d95776f.png

A bit different to your rendering:

IMG_4801.thumb.jpeg.4e84f6628c0bc02af0a6ede45e7683a8.jpeg

The picture that was original posted was of a left hand drive vehicle I wonder how many left hand drive Yaris's were sold in Thailand

22 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

The picture that was original posted was of a left hand drive vehicle I wonder how many left hand drive Yaris's were sold in Thailand

So you also searched for a link to a LH drive Yaris ?

How very petty .

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

So you also searched for a link to a LH drive Yaris ?

How very petty .

No i just did a search by image using google lens  which showed original picture as being a Toyota 2007/2008 Yaris and as the original picture was of a LHD it display results of LHD

very strange, a video about aftermarket stalks for the tesla 3 highland:  :cheesy:

even though i'm not a tesla fan, i have to admit they've done a lot of things better than most others!

but in my opinion, tesla could have a even much stronger position in the global market if they do improve a few key points:
- elon musk is unpredictable, for some also unpopular, and not trustworthy... he should be replaced by an experienced ceo.
- many big promises (from musk) that are not fulfilled
- models are outdated, both inside and outside
- quality was and still is an issue
- more model variety

- no driver display, no hud, no stalks anymore, no glass roof sunshade, glovesbox with no handle .. etc

- lower costs for customers (i call the car more or less an empty shoe box ...)

- lack of dealership network in thailand

- there might be a few additional things to include

• Like 1