Electric Vehicles in Thailand

8 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

New 30kWh BYD Plug-in Hybrid Pickup will be the quickest in Thailand.

IMG_1858.jpeg.0fc0a17546b5a76f27c91d3b16559312.jpeg

It also comes with V2L and lots of power outlets

IMG_1859.jpeg.92d8f5f082e6c5b598f4fb7c04855c65.jpeg

IMG_1860.jpeg.fa97f36e98345c38538d4dd2e26020c4.jpeg

whats the electric range of it ?

I notice it has a claimed economy of 7.5lt/100km... bout the same as the dinosuars with no leccy motors.

Edited by Ralf001

11 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

The BYD karaoke microphone was only available up to now on some dodgy sounding retailer on Ali Express

Not anymore! Now you can buy with confidence from the official BYD distributor in Thailand 

IMG_7130.thumb.png.d53e24eabc4a3af14db4dea0ebf5339d.png

11 hours ago, Pib said:

You can get ig cheaper off other sites like Lazada.

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.qJdUU 

image.png.71668dfc0aca7ad4bcdd63aa4fb2266b.png

Damn, I quite fancy one. I could annoy everyone around me while I’m waiting to charge my car at one of the free charging stations. Maybe I could even chase away those ahead of me in the queue.

50 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

whats the electric range of it ?

I notice it has a claimed economy of 7.5lt/100km... bout the same as the dinosuars with no leccy motors.

I would expect a 30 kWh traction battery would have an electric only range of about 150 kms or so, unless the truck is fully loaded. 

As for pickups like the Hilux or Ford Ranger having an economy of 7.5l/100 km, is this while on the back of a tow truck?

• Haha 1

Hello,

I just found this article on Bangkok Post

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/motoring/2871632/cabinet-allots-b7-12bn-for-ev-subsidies

"Under the EV 3.0 promotion (first phase), the Excise Department provided subsidies of up to 150,000 baht for EVs ....

The government disburses these subsidies directly to car manufacturers.

Once EV buyers register their vehicles, they can submit a request to the manufacturer to claim the subsidy."

I bought Neta V last year and I thought this discout was included in the final price (around 580,000 b).

Do you think I get 150,000 baht back ?!

This is actually question for all the people who bought EV last year..

6 minutes ago, Ste78 said:

Hello,

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/motoring/2871632/cabinet-allots-b7-12bn-for-ev-subsidies

"Under the EV 3.0 promotion (first phase), the Excise Department provided subsidies of up to 150,000 baht for EVs ....

Once EV buyers register their vehicles, they can submit a request to the manufacturer to claim the subsidy."

I bought Neta V last year and I thought this discout was included in the final price (around 580,000 b).

No you get nothing back.  The manufacturer got your 150k subsidy.

10 minutes ago, Ste78 said:

Hello,

The subsidies are already in the price you paid, and they will vary, as manufacturer has the discretion to pass on as much or little to the consumer as they want.

Most are at least 100k, and up.  We actually got 240k knocked off our MG ZS, and they still give that much discount off the MSRP.

Not sure if MG got 240k from the govt, but that's what the price showed.

Edited by KhunLA

5 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

No you get nothing back.  The manufacturer got your 150k subsidy.

yes that is indeed the sentence I marked in Red.

In Green they said later "Once EV buyers .... can submit a request to the manufacturer to claim the subsidy".

It makes no sense, that might be a translaction issue

Edited by Ste78
correction

38 minutes ago, Ste78 said:

yes that is indeed the sentence I marked in Red.

In Green they said later "Once EV buyers .... can submit a request to the manufacturer to claim the subsidy".

It makes no sense, that might be a translaction issue

I don't know or read/heard of anyone that had to submit paperwork for the subsidy.  I'm guessing one of the papers signed at dealer during the purchase may have been that form.  They handled it for us.

Different from the excise rebate, back in 2012 ish, when the customer had to file for their 60-100k baht rebate.

I'm pretty sure our paperwork had the MSRP ฿1,189,000, then ฿240k in their somewhere for final price of ฿949k.

Promo when we purchased ...

image.png.ff6e7db1559d1a55b7750864759a0c53.png

Also why the total loss insured appraisal was ฿960k, as based on the MSRP.   Even now the insured value is ฿840k, and a new ZS is ฿829k

Edited by KhunLA

8 hours ago, Ste78 said:

Hello,

You may be referring to this :

This quote may be the cause for confusion:

“  In the first stage of the EV 3.0 scheme, EVs priced below 2 million baht were granted up to 150,000 baht, and electric motorcycles priced below 150,000 baht received up to 18,000 baht. The grants are sent directly to the manufacturers, and customers can claim the grant once their vehicles are registered. “

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

Over a year ago I ordered a Deco Hannah electric motor bike. Originally the price was advertised as:

IMG_7159.jpeg.52bfe1c8ac914553cac88ead7296859c.jpeg

but I knew that the incentive was coming:

IMG_7160.jpeg.39eb8e8cf9273e08f57646d211bbacf7.jpeg

Yes, prices went down since a while. Five days ago I've ordered a new Deco Double Ace, down from 79.900 THB to 60.640 THB.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Ste78 said:

Hello,

I expect the part of the news article that they can submit a request to the manufacturers (i.e., dealerships) where a person bought the EV is incorrect especially since the manufacturers/dealerships want to advertise the lowest possible price to increase sales....a price that is based on the manufactures/dealership receiving the subsidy once they complete registration for the buyer.   

Now several manufacturers/dealerships have offered "cash back" promotions (not to be confused with the govt subsidy) for short periods where when a buyer must complete payment and registration (even thou the dealership handles the registraton) by a certain date to be eligible for "cash back" like below Bt100K BYD Atto promotions late last year and early this year.....just before BYD started dropping the retail  price much more aggressively with no cash back promotion.   I figure the "cash-back" promotions was BYD sneaky way of lowering the price of the EV without actually lowering the retail price even more.  Below are a coupe of BYD "cash back" promotions from the recent past       T

https://www.reverautomotive.com/en/news/atto3-runout-campaign

https://www.reverautomotive.com/en/news/3-million-sales-celebration-campaign

• No 12

Cash Back Condition Conditions for 100,000 Baht and 50,000 Baht cash back

Cash Back Process

Customers must receive payment receipt and take delivery of the car within 31 December 2023 and complete the car registration before 31 January 2024. And customers must to send all required documents through online channel of Rever Automotive Co.,Ltd. before 29 February 2024 at 23.59 only.

Cash Back Required Document

For individual entities

• 1. Copy of the vehicle payment receipt (tax invoice)

• 2. Copy of the owner's ID card/vehicle owner's proof of ownership.

• 3. Copy of the bank account book of the individual entity who owns the vehicle or is the

• 4. Copy of vehicle registration manual

For legal entities
    • 1. Copy of the vehicle payment receipt (tax invoice)

• 2. Copy of the company's certification not exceeding 3 months.

• 3. Copy of the bank account book of the legal entity who owns the vehicle or is the vehicle owner.

• 4. Copy of vehicle registration manual

Edited by Pib
  • Thanks 1