Electric Vehicles in Thailand

4 minutes ago, Pib said:

Actually for the Atto and Dolphin the bottom half battery pack pointing towards the road surface is metal and the upper half is plastic.   The free Rat Guard modification consisting of metals shields on the battery front and anti-critters rubber coating around all the  plastic cover sides takes about an hour to install at a BYD dealership.

Its a shame that they are unable to fit the free Rat Guard modification as I have read of owners that have taken delivery of the vehicle and were booked in 2 months later for the  free Rat Guard modification and guess what the rats didn't wait 2 months

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Do you have to ask for the Rat Guard, or do they install without the need to ask.  Have to tell my daughter to take a peek under the car.  She's only had it a couple months.

You need to ask/make an appt.  Installation and parts is free and only takes about an hour.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Yodarapper said:

Thanks everyone! Lots of useful information! I don’t want to look at second hand as I want to finance. 
thanks for the recommendation of the mg ZS ev - I can’t find it at that price?

1. Questions about this model - someone said it’s going to be phased out, is this bad? Is there already a new model?

2. Would the Atto3 be a better option?

3. We also looked at the M6 which is a full electric mpv and that looked nice too!

4. Has anyone seen or read anything about the sealio ? It was real nice to drive and hybrid but can only do 90km on ev.

I just saw the BYD M6 at my local mall, it is a nice car and a six seater which would fit in perfectly with your needs ( normally 4 but occasionally 6 people ).

The rear row folds down to make a good sized luggage storage area.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

8 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Plenty of dealers offering MG ZS EV for B599K in the MG ZS EV facebook group pages

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2572340166118367

Replacement model not available in Thailand yet expected either December Motor show or March April Motor show expect it will be more expensive that current model , new model will be based on MG4 platform and unlikely to offer modular batteries so it nore than likely to be a similar single battery such as MG4

When MG ZS EV 2nd generation was launched in March 2022 the launch price was B1,189,000 so at B599,000 once they gone thats it until new model becomes available

Major difference between ZS EV and atto3 is zs ev battery casing is metal atto 3 is plastic

if you leaning towards atto 3 suggest you read the https://www.facebook.com/groups/bydthailand

Plenty of reports from owners that were required to claim on their insurance as rats had eaten through the battery casing and as a result water ingress may have occured end result replacement battery required

there was news that BYD were to release a upgraded blade battery blade gen 2 battery which is expected to be 30% cheaper and provide a range of 1,000 km and is safer 

when this battery will be released and which models it will be released for is anyone guess as no further annoucments from Byd

I think you mentioned that your were planning to pay a down payment of B200K on a car that costs B599 that is a 33.5% down payment and if you currently paying B18k a month on rental you could own the car completely within 2 years if you get the dealer to offer 0% percent

Thanks I’ll check the Facebook group. So this mg ZS EV is from 2022? And it’s the latest model? On the mg website it’s confusing as it says new mg ZS EV but I’m guessing that’s the one that’s not out yet?

do you recommend the MG ZS EV? Finally we rent a house in a Moobaan, would there be any reason the landlord wouldn’t want us to install a wall box charger?

is the MG ZS EV the same as the petrol version just EV?

8 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Plenty of dealers offering MG ZS EV for B599K in the MG ZS EV facebook group pages

Replacement model not available in Thailand yet expected either December Motor show or March April Motor show expect it will be more expensive that current model , new model will be based on MG4 platform and unlikely to offer modular batteries so it nore than likely to be a similar single battery such as MG4

When MG ZS EV 2nd generation was launched in March 2022 the launch price was B1,189,000 so at B599,000 once they gone thats it until new model becomes available

Major difference between ZS EV and atto3 is zs ev battery casing is metal atto 3 is plastic

if you leaning towards atto 3 suggest you read the https://www.facebook.com/groups/bydthailand

Plenty of reports from owners that were required to claim on their insurance as rats had eaten through the battery casing and as a result water ingress may have occured end result replacement battery required

there was news that BYD were to release a upgraded blade battery blade gen 2 battery which is expected to be 30% cheaper and provide a range of 1,000 km and is safer 

when this battery will be released and which models it will be released for is anyone guess as no further annoucments from Byd

I think you mentioned that your were planning to pay a down payment of B200K on a car that costs B599 that is a 33.5% down payment and if you currently paying B18k a month on rental you could own the car completely within 2 years if you get the dealer to offer 0% percent

Is it this one?

IMG_3729.png

9 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Just peeked, all the listings for 599k are dated end of August.  Thank they may have ran out.  That sucks for buyers.  

hmm ... can't find any info on upgraded ZS EV, but did see they're coming out with a ZS HEV ... W T F

Same as the did with the MG3.  Maybe they're thinking direct competition with Toyota Crasses.  

Edited by KhunLA

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Just peeked, all the listings for 599k are dated end of August.  Thank they may have ran out.  That sucks for buyers.  

hmm ... can't find any info on upgraded ZS EV, but did see they're coming out with a ZS HEV ... W T F

Same as the did with the MG3.  Maybe they're thinking direct competition with Toyota Crasses.  

Can't confirm that name will be the same for Thailand for other countries MG ZS name will remain for Hybrid model for EV model MG S5

I did read somewhere that the MG S5 will be built in Thailand so it would be odd if the S5 wasn't available for the domestic market

https://carnewschina.com/2024/07/12/new-all-electric-mg-s5-suv-in-surprise-listing-exports-likely/

https://www.car250.com/mg-s5-suv-ev-aus.html

Current Model B599K September 24th here

https://www.facebook.com/werayut.sitanurak/videos/524762280515093?idorvanity=2572340166118367

September 10th Here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2572340166118367/posts/8778807348804920

September 11th here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2572340166118367/posts/8786361504716171

you are correct they are getting less in numbers I have seen more ads for the X version at B699K

For anyone looking for the B599K D version best bet is to email via facebook in Thai all dealers in a 100 km radius  of your home location and if that doesn't produce any results extend the radius to 300/500km

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Yodarapper said:

Is it this one?

IMG_3729.png

Yes MG ZS EV has 2 models Model D at B599K and Model X at B699K @KhunLA is the best person to tell you about difference with MG ZS and MG ZS EV as he has owned both

Other cars to consider in similar price and KM range of say 360KM upwards would be

Ora Cat at B629K in my view similar shape to volkswagen beetle

Neta V2 at B429K and Neta V1 hard to find new now price reduction from B549K to B368K

there is a current thread in the motoring section for Neta V

Byd Dolphin  standard range B569K or extended range B709K

When it comes to resale you should consider which seat format is easier to sell I suspect majority of people are more interested in a 4/5 seat car than a 6/7 seat car

For the rare occasions that you might need 6/7 seats an option might be simply rent a large vehicle for those occasions

Also if doing the trips that you mention consider which model does have decent size boot space for your needs

3 hours ago, Yodarapper said:

Thanks I’ll check the Facebook group. So this mg ZS EV is from 2022? And it’s the latest model? On the mg website it’s confusing as it says new mg ZS EV but I’m guessing that’s the one that’s not out yet?

do you recommend the MG ZS EV? Finally we rent a house in a Moobaan, would there be any reason the landlord wouldn’t want us to install a wall box charger?

is the MG ZS EV the same as the petrol version just EV?

The MG ZS EV on the website is the current model that was launched in March 2022

New model might be named as MG S5 as they have done in other countries

https://www.mgcars.com/th/mg-models/new-mg-zs-ev/overview

As for landlord best to contact them and see what they say

where you are working do they offer EV charging facilites