Why are you posting here?

On 4/22/2022 at 6:11 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Something to do whilst watching TV, listening to podcasts or just relaxing, easy to do using a mobile phone, i also check Facebook a similar amount, may learn stuff along the way. Right now on the balcony listening to a podcast having a beer

I can barely remember how I used to watch TV or movies without looking at another device at the same time.  I assume I must have, but it's crazy how much "TV" (YouTube) has become the thing I have on in the background while I look at something else.

I'm pretty sure we'd be fine without our devices and we could just watch the movie or the show, but having it there means it's hard not to look at.

5 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Something to do whilst watching TV, listening to podcasts or just relaxing, easy to do using a mobile phone, i also check Facebook a similar amount, may learn stuff along the way. Right now on the balcony listening to a podcast having a beer

I can barely remember how I used to watch TV or movies without looking at another device at the same time.  I assume I must have, but it's crazy how much "TV" (YouTube) has become the thing I have on in the background while I look at something else.

I'm pretty sure we'd be fine without our devices and we could just watch the movie or the show, but having it there means it's hard not to look at.

I have to admit normally I do exactly one thing at a time. Reading or watching a video or working, etc.

I can eat something and read or watch at the same time. But reading something and watching something else at the same time doesn't make any sense to me. Except if both the reading and the watching is so unimportant or shallow that there is no point in doing it under any condition.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

not unusual for me to do 2 or 3 things the same time, watching golf on TV, YouTube video on tablet and Facebook or forum, news etc on my phone, not all the time but sometimes for sure, always 2 things. One of the reasons cinemas will continue to go down in demand, 2-3 hours of watching one thing, too long

Edited by scubascuba3

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

not unusual for me to do 2 or 3 things the same time, watching golf on TV, YouTube video on tablet and Facebook or forum, news etc on my phone, not all the time but sometimes for sure, always 2 things. One of the reasons cinemas will continue to go down in demand, 2-3 hours of watching one thing, too long

In general women can multitask like talking and listening at the same time, most men can't do that. A good example for that is when guys are driving and they get lost, what do they do first? Switch off the music! Really.

Out of interest, if you do something important or complicated, do you do that without interference or still together with something else? 

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In general women can multitask like talking and listening at the same time, most men can't do that. A good example for that is when guys are driving and they get lost, what do they do first? Switch off the music! Really.

Out of interest, if you do something important or complicated, do you do that without interference or still together with something else? 

When women are talking, how do you know they are listening too?

Switching off inputs is focusing on the task at hand. That's why in more safety-conscious countries, it is an offense to drive a car and use a mobile phone  contemporaneously.

No comment!!   I won’t take orders!!  I’m a free man in LOS…..I control my destiny.    I will inspire all the poor broke drunks to be a better person while living in Pattaya.  

gotta go…..immigration here for daily pictures. 

• Haha 1

started posting originally when I was looking at coming over & trying to find out more about living here, then when I did move here I found some of the posts pretty informative (especially immigration & laws) and others a good laugh. These days the same thing applies but it also gives me a chance to vent any frustrations at some of the things that happen here a lot plus help others when I am able to, still lots of laughs though and still some good advice when needed, it also gives me something to do when having my morning coffee, really have to thank many of the members for making it an enjoyable way to fill in some time

I got into Thai Visa because I found Ubon Joe very helpful concerning immigration matters and then gradually I became interested in what other people similar to my self have to say about general life here in Thailand . 

19 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I read and learn. This is one of those books with interesting facts.

51xDTtJB1oL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Yes, I have read it too.

it still mystifies me how my Thai GF can have the radio or TV blaring, look at her phone, and simultaneously be having a conversation with one or two women in the room. I throw in the towel, and retreat to somewhere that I can think.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Trying to think last time i had something important \complicated to do, maybe tax return, i would probably have a podcast on in the background, maybe stop it if a tricky bit came up so I don't screw it up

• Like 1

You must be watching some very boring/uninteresting TV and Podcasts then.

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

When women are talking, how do you know they are listening too?

Switching off inputs is focusing on the task at hand. That's why in more safety-conscious countries, it is an offense to drive a car and use a mobile phone  contemporaneously.

But it is OK to press things on your dashboard display to check your tyre pressures !   LOL

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

If they were boring\uninteresting I wouldn't be watching\listening, easy to do 2 things the same time. Multi-tasking, where you switch between tasks

So you are able watch a movie or listen to an interesting podcast AND post on Asean Now at the same time. I find it impossible, unless the former is boring/uninteresting. But then, I'd turn it off.

Must be 'cos I'm left-handed.

Edited by KannikaP

49 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So you are able watch a movie or listen to an interesting podcast AND post on Asean Now at the same time. I find it impossible, unless the former is boring/uninteresting. But then, I'd turn it off.

Must be 'cos I'm left-handed.

yeah doing it now, easy, very rarely am i just reading aseannow

• Like 1