Push for vaccination of Thailand’s young ahead of new school term

snoop1130

Thai-PBS-World-logo-2022-04-22T194442.047.png

With the start of the new school term on May 17th, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha stressed the need for precautionary measures today (Friday), to cope with on-site learning, with an emphasis placed on the inoculation of unvaccinated or partially vaccinated students.

With consent from the children and their parents, those aged 5-11 who have not yet been vaccinated should get their first doses through their schools, while those aged 12-17 are urged to get their second or their booster shots, either through their schools or appropriate medical facilities.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

According to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), about 50% of 5- to 11-year-olds have received their first dose of vaccine, but only 5.8% have received their second.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/push-for-vaccination-of-thailands-young-ahead-of-new-school-term/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-04-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

With the loss of so much term-time this year I don't understand why they needed such a long holiday, it should have been cut short to the one week with a weekend either side and back last Monday to study and catch up.

1 hour ago, tomster said:

If you inject your child with an untested vaccine with no long term safety data that other countries are banning in children because they are worried about its side effects - you have failed in your role as a parent. 

Plenty of Ifs and buts. It is far far from an 'untested' vaccines, since some 11,500,000,00 having been administered. worldwide and rising. One might say not having a child vaccinated might be a failure as a parent. Personally I am concerned there is no real benefit to the child to be vaccinated. 

Hope you are not saying parents always know best!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

The fact is covid is not a deadly killer, why keep treating it as one?

Err, maybe because it has killed over 6 million worldwide! 

So far....

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

The fact is covid is not a deadly killer, why keep treating it as one?

Perhaps you may want to re-think about that sentence, it is a deadly killer to anyone in the upper age bracket, who is unvaccinated or has underlying conditions.

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Every parent has a roll to protect their children based on the research that they can best find and digest, that said, we all know that there is no data on the long term effects on these vaccines, does that mean you don't vaccinate your child, well that would be up to the parents, who know doubt discuss their findings and then make an informed decision.

If your kid has an underlying disease that puts them at serious risk of illness from respiratory disease then giving your kid a coronavirus vaccine based on known technology (non mrna) makes perfect sense. 

If your kid is in normal health giving them an emergency use vaccine based on experimental technology with no long term safety data, to protect said kid from a disease that can't hurt them is down right irresponsible. 

If you can grasp this concept and STILL choose to vaccinate your healthy kid(s) then you are not acting in their best interests and as such are in my opinion an irresponsible parent. 

You have a great day also. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tomster said:

If you can grasp this concept and STILL choose to vaccinate your healthy kid(s) then you are not acting in their best interests and as such are in my opinion an irresponsible parent. 

I take my advice from guys like Dr Paul Offit and others who are qualified as opposed to non qualified persons such as yourself.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, tomster said:

You have a great day also.

Rather than send me a laughing symbol, do your kid/s a favour and lose your ego and listen to the video, it's quite educational and it answers all of your questions, but I doubt you will because from the way you word your posts, it tells me a lot about your character, that said, you are too far gone to reach out to, misinformation can be a killer. Are you prepared to not listen to the video because it might convince you otherwise ?

Prove me wrong and listen to it, then critique his comments, I'm all ears. 

It's the least I can do for your kid/s.

Everyday is a great day.

On 4/22/2022 at 6:17 PM, RichardColeman said:

Well, I think we all know what camp you're in ! 

My children got the vaccine. I listened to reason and science, not some wacko tv station. To label parents as failures seems a little bit trolling to me , mate, sorry.

@RichardColeman  is that the science that says children are in the lowest risk group? and if they catch it, it's unlikely they would have anything but mild symptoms, and the science that says that children are more at risk from flu than covid. have you made them have the flu jab as well?

Edited by paulikens

On 4/23/2022 at 6:57 AM, tomster said:

I'm not in a camp, my kids are vaccinated against the usual diseases. 

But why on Earth would you give your kid a vaccine with no medium to long term safety data against a disease that can't harm them unless they have serious underlying disease? 

It doesn't protect them from spreading the disease either, it just makes no sense at all. 

Your first job as a parent is to keep your kids safe, vaccinating them against Covid is all risk and no benefit - that is not acting in your kids best interests it's blindly following government narrative over common sense. 

While understand your concerns,

The big truth is that no one new vaccine in history ever came with a mid to long term safety data.

That includes those against the usual diseases. 

Every new vaccine starts with a day 1.

If follow your logic, never get a vaccine for your kids before 20-50 yrs data available?

On 4/22/2022 at 3:52 PM, tomster said:

Your first job as a parent is to keep your child safe from harm

That harm could be peadophiles, bad food or weather, bullying or any manner of things. 

If you inject your child with an untested vaccine with no long term safety data that other countries are banning in children because they are worried about its side effects - you have failed in your role as a parent. 

No ifs, buts or maybes - you should not be in charge of a child. 

The most tested vaccines in history.

They have been given to multiple billions of people.

The bulk of ingredients in current vaccines are very similar to those in previous vaccines none of which have had long term deleterious effects (note "long term").

You reveal yourself when you say "No ifs, buts or maybes" demonstrating the absolutism of a "true believer" rather than the attitude of a rational person considering the evidence.

You have the right to make your choice for your children but your judgement of other parents is ridiculous.

Edited by cdemundo

On 4/22/2022 at 5:46 PM, tomster said:

Exactly. 

Take meningitis for example. 

Kills 1 in 10 kids that get it. 

Vaccinating kids against this is a no-brainer especially as the vaccines has decades of safety data. 

The look at the known facts about Covid. 

It literally does not kill kids, the numbers are so low that they are hard to even quantify. 

Then look at the vaccine. No medium to long term safety data and still in trial experiment phase with only emergency use authorisation. 

And if you go with a mrna vaccine there is literally no way to know what that could do to your child's body as it grows up. 

You wouldn't give your child an experimental emergency use vaccine against the cold or even the flu - kids simply don't need it. But mention Coronavirus and some people seem to switch their brains off and neglect to objectively look at the long term risk of the vaccine vs the tiny risk posed by coronavirus in kids. 

Thalidomide is a great example of how this could look in the long term - it was 5 years before public health realised something was badly wrong. We are just months into injecting kids. 

"Thalidomide is a great example of how this could look in the long term - it was 5 years before public health realised something was badly wrong. We are just months into injecting kids."

Thalidomide was a medicine taken as a daily dose over extended periods.  So it was in the body in significant concentrations for months. The vaccines are administered once or twice so the exposure is not comparable. 

Your use of this example demonstrates how superficial your "knowledge" is.

I have ingested significant quantities of plant and animal DNA everyday of my life. So have you.

Rather than harming me this has kept me alive.

You are bringing up arguments that have been repeatedly debunked.

Do what you like with your kids.

Your opinions are really based in hysterical fear and your judgements of other parents are out of line.

14 hours ago, paulikens said:

@RichardColeman  is that the science that says children are in the lowest risk group? and if they catch it, it's unlikely they would have anything but mild symptoms, and the science that says that children are more at risk from flu than covid. have you made them have the flu jab as well?

It is an enigma wrapped in a quandary. I agree with what you say, since children do not get sick vaccination seems wrong. But they are a conduit and schools have fueled infection numbers. Should we protect adults by vaccinating children? But then we get told vaccinations do not prevent infection! 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 1:06 AM, cdemundo said:

Thalidomide was a medicine taken as a daily dose over extended periods.  So it was in the body in significant concentrations for months. The vaccines are administered once or twice so the exposure is not comparable. 

Okaaaay....

On 4/25/2022 at 1:06 AM, cdemundo said:

Your opinions are really based in hysterical fear and your judgements of other parents are out of line.

I would counter with you are not able to apply common sense and reasoning and have exposed your children to unnecessary risk that could affect the quality of the rest of their lives (or even significantly shorten it).

Time will tell but with so much data coming out now about the deaths and side effects in the vaccine "trials" I would be very, very nervous, if I were you.

7 hours ago, tomster said:

I would counter with you are not able to apply common sense and reasoning and have exposed your children to unnecessary risk that could affect the quality of the rest of their lives (or even significantly shorten it).

Time will tell but with so much data coming out now about the deaths and side effects in the vaccine "trials" I would be very, very nervous, if I were you.

What you say here is simply untrue. Now 11 billion  vaccine doses have been given, and four and a half billion people have been fully vaccinated against Covid, and the number of reports of serious side effects is infinitesimally small compared to these numbers.

There is about as much evidence that suggests vaccination exposes children to risk that could affect the quality of the rest of their lives, or shorten their lives, as there is for aspirin doing the same thing. That is, it does happen, but at an incidence so small that it can be reasonably discounted compared to the public health benefits of reduced transmission.

On the other hand the number of people affected by long Covid symptoms for extended periods of their lives is massive, and is beginning to be recognised as a public health problem in itself. 

Edited by partington
  • Like 1