Elon Musk to buy Twitter

Chomper Higgot

35 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

A senior Twitter engineer has been secretly recorded admitting that the social media giant is “censoring the right” — and that he and his co-workers are “Commie as f...”

Was he wearing a baseball cap on backwards? 

That's not the way "commies" talk.  This statement is actually funny.  Could it be from a Saturday Night Live skit?  If you have ever tried to converse with one on the subject you'd know the real danger is you might die of boredom.

But over in Electric O'Keefe land . . .

Edited by bendejo

29 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

who has "debunked" the bias claim as you state? According to top Twitter exec it is very real.

"A senior Twitter engineer has been secretly recorded admitting that the social media giant is “censoring the right” — and that he and his co-workers are “Commie as f...”

https://nypost.com/2022/05/17/twitter-engineer-says-commie-staff-censors-the-right/

Man, you can find Kool-Aid in the strangest of places. 

Hindustan Times?

Or to quote elon...

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
·
19h
bullsh*t baffles brains

8 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

who has "debunked" the bias claim as you state? According to top Twitter exec it is very real.

"A senior Twitter engineer has been secretly recorded admitting that the social media giant is “censoring the right” — and that he and his co-workers are “Commie as f...”

https://nypost.com/2022/05/17/twitter-engineer-says-commie-staff-censors-the-right/

Perhaps it's just me, but I would not consider anyone who self-identifies as "Commie as f...." a reliable source. 555 At minimum, I would assume they find hyperbole and overstatement a particular enjoyment.

At worst, I would believe that someone who self-identifies as "Commie as f....."......... simply wouldn't hesitate to make things up---to lie---to get themselves noticed; to inflate their own *ahem* "importance." 

After all, when the bandwagon is already marching by and has already gained acceptance........ (in certain circles, anyway!)......... what could be easier?

And then, of course, it's the New York Post! ????????????

I assume they're still publishing 2-headed baby and alien abduction stories, like they did ten years ago, when I lived in New Jersey? I would occasionally pick up a copy off the newsstand......... for the sheer absurdity I'd find there? ????????????

----------------

Maybe Twitter does what people keep saying they do. Maybe the various sources that have looked into it and shown they don't, really.......... have all got it wrong. Maybe. 

But I can tell you with confidence that this guy.......... from that source......... ain't the thing that's going to convince me!

????????????

Cheers! 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

This is just not true. IF, Twitters accounts were factual and accurate then yes he would be obliged to complete the deal at the previously agreed price. Yet it has come to light that Twitters own claim that real users account for 95% + of users is just not true. This figure has been used to determine advertisers fees(where Twitters revenue comes from) and by investors to value the company. Massively overstating the number of users for financial gain is fraudulent. I am surprised Twitter stock has not been suspended while a thorough investigation takes place into Twitters 95% + claim.

"Nearly half of President Joe Biden's 22.3 million Twitter followers are fake, a new analysis revealed on Wednesday."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10829675/Almost-half-President-Bidens-Twitter-followers-FAKE-audit-reveals.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

Whats not true the Reuters report and twitters filings or you?

"despite Twitter stating in its filings that the numbers could be higher than it estimates."

Edited by Bkk Brian

42 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

This is just not true. IF, Twitters accounts were factual and accurate then yes he would be obliged to complete the deal at the previously agreed price. Yet it has come to light that Twitters own claim that real users account for 95% + of users is just not true. This figure has been used to determine advertisers fees(where Twitters revenue comes from) and by investors to value the company. Massively overstating the number of users for financial gain is fraudulent. I am surprised Twitter stock has not been suspended while a thorough investigation takes place into Twitters 95% + claim.

"Nearly half of President Joe Biden's 22.3 million Twitter followers are fake, a new analysis revealed on Wednesday."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10829675/Almost-half-President-Bidens-Twitter-followers-FAKE-audit-reveals.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

From a legal standpont , Musk is screwed.

"Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) published its account on Tuesday of its deal negotiations with Elon Musk, showing he opted out of asking the questions about the social media company's business he has now cited in declaring the $44 billion acquisition is "on hold."

The account, published in Twitter's proxy statement that outlines what shareholders need to know to vote on the deal, paints a picture of Musk in a rush to clinch a deal with his "best and final" offer.

Musk negotiated the Twitter deal over the weekend of April 23 and April 24 without carrying out any due diligence, the proxy statement shows."

https://www.reuters.com/markets/deals/twitter-committed-elon-musks-44-billion-deal-2022-05-17/

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 10:29 AM, Jingthing said:

I don't doubt the brilliance of Musk but his erratic abrasive personality indicates he's rather an ass.

Erratic might be apropos?

After PayPal, rockets/space/satellites, EVs, tunnels/MagLev, Solar City, Neuralink, et al, Twitter makes no sense for him.

Sure, he's narcissistic as F, needs to be worshipped, needs attention, and be perceived as the smartest and richest person ever.

But Twitter? Something based on technology (GSM SMS) barely newer than smoke signals? Yeah, the free speech thing - itself a smokescreen I believe - the attention and the money play make sense. But a bit out of character.

The unprecedented instantaneous reach of the most inane of comments seems to be the primary allure?

But in the end it's still just a soapbox.

• Like 1

FT.com, the website of the Financial Times, has the clearest, and one of the briefest explanations of why Musk is going to have a very hard time if he tries to walk away from this deal. To see the article, go to "incognito mode" in Chrome, or "in-private mode" in Edge or whatever the equivalent is in whatever browser you use. Use the following as a search term and it will legitimately bypass the ft.com firewall

Twitter deal leaves Elon Musk with no easy way out

35 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Twitter has Musk right where it wants him:

Twitter board tells Elon Musk: We will not alter the deal

Board vows to enforce $44 billion agreement despite Musk's waffling and complaints.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/05/twitter-board-tells-elon-musk-we-will-not-alter-the-deal/

He can’t get into private parties in Berlin, now he can’t get into Twitter.

14 hours ago, placeholder said:

Musk negotiated the Twitter deal over the weekend of April 23 and April 24 without carrying out any due diligence, the proxy statement shows.

The classic "pig in a poke."  Blinded by his own arrogance.  I wonder if he has any real friends to advise him -- I think not.

Twitter without it's (reported) 400 million users is nothing, which is to say there is no proprietary technology that makes it what it is, there is no special sauce.  In contrast, the Google search algorithm is the foundation of the enterprise, kept as secret as Uncle Sam's nuclear codes.  Technically, a crackerjack software engineer and a network architect can put together a knock-off, the real challenge is luring people to it: this is the story what FB did to Myspace.  So what his nibs is buying is something already in place, has name recognition, and the servers and network infrastructure.  That's it.  If Twitter goes the way of Myspace he could sell the data center hardware, the office furniture, and probably some real estate: not much of a return, but regardless he may still be a billionaire from his other ventures. 

A certain US politician has launched a Twitter knock-off which seems to not be doing well.  That may be because the guy in charge of it was hired for reasons other than his experience and skills.

devin.jpg.724bcda6dd42fb514ddd9c0258338dd4.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

The source is Project Veritas.  That says it all.

"Project Veritas is an American far-right[16]activist group founded by James O'Keefe in 2010.[20] The group produces deceptively edited videos[15] of its undercover operations,[7] which use secret recordings[7] in an effort to discredit mainstream media organizations and progressive groups.[21][22] Project Veritas also uses entrapment[14] to generate bad publicity for its targets,[4] and has propagated disinformation[3] and conspiracy theories[30] in its videos and operations. "  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Veritas

• Like 2

16 hours ago, placeholder said:

How did you come up with the ridiculous claim that a senior engineer at Twitter a "top Twitter exec"? Engineers are not executives. Here is a link to a job description of the duties of a senior software engineer at Twitter:

https://careers.twitter.com/en/work-for-twitter/202010/8e22521c-6d5e-4c26-949b-0cc472f8bf01/585b1193-dafa-4b9b-b2f4-0361723e51d0.html/software-engineer-mid-level-sr-backend-content.html

Note that the job description doesn't say anything about censoring Twitter posts, or even viewing them.

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Any reason as to why you cannot make a rocket yourself, like he does ?

It would help if i had born rich...I wasn't

Musk had said that his father owned emerald mines in South Africa and that his family owned a private plane.

6 hours ago, pomchop said:

please put musk and his tax dodging billionaires on their rockets one way to mars...

The misinformation and false allegations running wild here. Seems Musk has one side of the divide in panic mode. I wonder why. I consider Musk a far more intelligent and cunning player than Agrawal and co, let's not call Musk a loser yet - I still think he has this all mapped out and will triumph here. And as for the claim he is not paying tax, yep, turns out he probably paid more than anybody else IN HISTORY.

"Elon Musk May Well Have The Biggest Tax Bill This Year: Over $8 Billion. On Tuesday evening, Elon Musk made a bold claim on Twitter: That he would pay more taxes than any American in history this year. 

Musk might be right. The eccentric billionaire (and the world’s richest person) likely owes the federal government at least $8.3 billion for 2021, Forbes estimates, based on his stock sales of nearly $13 billion through December 13. "

https://www.forbes.com/sites/elizahaverstock/2021/12/15/elon-musk-is-likely-paying-more-than-8-billion-in-taxes-this-year/?sh=33bddc204db3

9 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

"Panic Mode"?

Histrionic much?

Most of the posts here seem calm, well thought-out, rational.

Yours? Reek of PANIC.

Just stop digging, and stop relaying the right-wing neo-fascist talking points.

What a loser Musk is right?

https://novoresume.com/career-blog/elon-musk-one-page-resume

• Like 1