Elon Musk to buy Twitter

Chomper Higgot

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

more than the GDP of Serbia, Jordan, or Paraguay.

Wow!  You really got me with that one!  ????

Clearly, Musk is overpaying. He really needs to talk to Twitter and ask for a refund...

And then, go back to his original plans for starting a rival company to compete with See's Candies, or buying Coca Cola so he could add cocaine to their soft drink mix....  He's a man with lots of "bright" ideas! hehehehe  ????

https://adage.com/article/digital-marketing-ad-tech-news/see-how-elon-musk-trolling-coca-cola-and-mcdonalds-twitter/2415356

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/elon-musk-warren-buffett-sees-candies-tesla-spacex-berkshire-hathaway-2021-12

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 11:58 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell has been banned from Twitter

This chuckle-head rejoined over the weekend and was banned within 4 hours.

Roger Stone was banned in 2017, he also rejoined and was re-banned within 6 hours.

Two posts have been removed, one for misinformation claims, and both for posting social media content without required weblinks to the original sources.

Also regarding the following forum rule:

"8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities."

12 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

This chuckle-head rejoined over the weekend and was banned within 4 hours.

Roger Stone was banned in 2017, he also rejoined and was re-banned within 6 hours.

It would be interesting to know why they were re-banned.  I assume it was for posting lies about the 2020 election.

7 minutes ago, heybruce said:

It would be interesting to know why they were re-banned.  I assume it was for posting lies about the 2020 election.

Lindell was banned for attempting to evade his ban. His original account was not reinstated, he simply made a new account. Stone, for the same reason.

“Well bitches I’m back on Twitter,” Stone bragged on Telegram early Thursday morning. “I’m anxious to see how strong Elon Musk’s commitment to free speech is.”

In 2017, Stone was initially banned from Twitter after hurling a series of vulgarities at CNN hosts on the platform.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/roger-stone-tries-to-come-back-to-twitter-is-immediately-re-banned

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

Now with the news carrying numerous reports about Musk trying to buy Twitter, it seems that a lot of the people who have been banned in recent years for various offenses are coming out of the woodwork with the expectation that they're somehow going to be reinstated.

AFAIK, Twitter has various levels of censure for violating the service's terms/rules, with the most severe being a PERMANENT SUSPENSION, which means losing the ability to Tweet and having your Twitter page/account removed from public view. (They also have a whole range of lesser responses to rule violations.)

https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/enforcement-options

"Permanent suspension: This is our most severe enforcement action. Permanently suspending an account will remove it from global view, and the violator will not be allowed to create new accounts. When we permanently suspend an account, we notify people that they have been suspended for abuse violations, and explain which policy or policies they have violated and which content was in violation.

Violators can appeal permanent suspensions if they believe we made an error. They can do this through the platform interface or by filing a report. Upon appeal, if we find that a suspension is valid, we respond to the appeal with information on the policy that the account has violated."

• Like 2

A wave of banned far-right influencers and extremists tried to rejoin Twitter after Musk announced his buyout

"A slew of far-right figures previously banned from Twitter — including former Trump adviser Roger Stone, white nationalist Mike Peinovich, and conspiracist Jim Watkins — tried to rejoin the platform after Elon Musk agreed to buy the platform. All of them were suspended again almost immediately.

Musk's agreement to buy Twitter for $44 billion was celebrated by numerous right-wing influencers, conspiracy theorists and QAnon adherents online. Many appeared to believe that Musk's promises to promote "free speech" on the platform would mean accounts previously banned for violating the platform's hate speech or misinformation policy would be reinstated."

(more)

https://www.insider.com/far-right-influencers-banned-twitter-elon-musk-buyout-extremism-2022-4

A far-right activist banned from Twitter for fundraising to 'take out' a BLM activist was told by an Elon Musk associate he may get his account back 'soon,' report says

Charles Johnson was banned from Twitter in 2015 after fundraising to "take out" a BLM activist.

Johnson asked an Elon Musk associate when he could get his account back, WSJ reported.

"Hopefully soon," Jared Birchall replied, according to the WSJ.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-associate-far-right-activist-get-twitter-account-back-2022-4

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 12:32 PM, vinci said:

this will be his biggest mistake, spending $45 billion just because he doesn't like something and buying something he know nothing about, he contradicts himself of free speech, buying something he has no passion about, he's in for a world of hurt

Exactly what I am saying ????

On 4/27/2022 at 12:32 PM, vinci said:

this will be his biggest mistake, spending $45 billion just because he doesn't like something and buying something he know nothing about, he contradicts himself of free speech, buying something he has no passion about, he's in for a world of hurt

Spending $45Billion on a business that  is very likely to be the subject of anti-monopolies legislation is a bit of a punt.

On 5/1/2022 at 4:46 PM, ozimoron said:

It’s been well established that Twitter is very busy banning right wing propaganda/ misinformation and members that violates terms of service. 

Still waiting for examples of Twitter allowing liberal opinions that violate terms of service.
Crickets. 

• Like 1

Just now, LarrySR said:

It’s been well established that Twitter is very busy banning right wing propaganda/ misinformation and members that violates terms of service. 

Still waiting for examples of Twitter allowing liberal opinions that violate terms of service.
Crickets. 

I mostly agree but it is also true that Twitter on some occasions went too far in prematurely labelling things misinformation. Those mistakes have been absurdly overblown and exploited by right wingers, but that's how they roll. Also as humans are involved, mistakes are always going to be made, yes even after Musk or anyone else takes over. 

Well it appears the talk of social media targeting right wing posts for deletion is in fact more disinformation by right wing conspiracy media intent on agitating the viewers….then being parroted here by the gullible consumers of the right wing media. 

16 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Well it appears the talk of social media targeting right wing posts for deletion is in fact more disinformation by right wing conspiracy media intent on agitating the viewers….then being parroted here by the gullible consumers of the right wing media. 

Troll post if you can't supply a link from non woke source. Perhaps now folks will get a chance to view both sides and make a decision.

51 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Troll post if you can't supply a link from non woke source. Perhaps now folks will get a chance to view both sides and make a decision.

A "non woke" source?  

That doesn't compute. Who wants a "non woke" unawake source?

About a week ago, the "non woke," ya know, sadly misinformed, diehard, right wing media consumers here were asked to back up their absurd assertions that Twitter is only allowing liberal posts that violate Twitter Terms Of Service. 

Since they claim Twitter is not deleting said posts that violate the TOS, it should be a piece of cake to prove your assertions unless of course you're just parroting the nonsense you find on the "unwoke" right wing propaganda media. 

Over to you. Let's see a few of those posts.

Edited by LarrySR

10 minutes ago, zhemna said:

Twitter bans, censors what they don't like, not because it is deemed fake or misleading and violates their ToS. There is nothing fake or misleading in this persons tweets or to his write-up addressing ACM in the UK. Nobody can prove his writings are false or misleading, at least not yet, because they cannot.

Silly. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, zhemna said:

Can you at least explain why it's silly and you cannot debunk it? Free speech is all your's now and the primary objective of Musk's purchase of Twitter according to him.

I won't bother explaining as I have a feeling you won't be around much longer, Mr. 12 posts...trafficking in Covid misinformation.

Edited by LarrySR
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, zhemna said:

Au contraire, I merely propose that the false claims, misinformation, incorrect data or analysis of the reporting done by this write (S Kirsch) to verify they are in fact misleading.

Feel free to perform and review and cite the inconsistencies (if any), or anything false in the study he conducted and attached in my previous message. There's nothing false or misleading in his study, but I'll wait for your proof that there is Larry. If you can step up and show and prove misinformation then all is good and maybe twitter did their due diligence.

Kirsch and his "team members" were permanently suspended from Twitter because he repeatedly violated “COVID-19 Misleading Information Policy.”

It appears they are also are banned on Linkedin, Facebook, Medium and Youtube.

I have a feeling you won't be around here much longer if you keep passing along his Covid misinformation.

Edited by LarrySR

I don't understand the problem with Musk spending his money. Why is the far left so upset? I don't twitter so I don't care. I would think it's good for people to hear both sides to an argument.

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, zhemna said:

there is no misinformation, unless you can show proof of a flawed analysis.

Plagiarism is another art form some like to indulge in.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1246109-ice-vs-ev-the-debate-thread/?do=findComment&comment=17138571

Sure, I see that but I am not so sure I would bet the farm on politifact's outstanding reputation. And, the guy (Kirsch) has the credentials to crunch the covid data and present his analysis for all the experts to review and offer their critique and well, you know, disprove it. Lets see you offer the proof to refute the analysis performed by Kirsch. available here

Funny, your new account was opened around the same time BM ebice left the forum. 

Edited by LarrySR

16 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I don't understand the problem with Musk spending his money. Why is the far left so upset? I don't twitter so I don't care. I would think it's good for people to hear both sides to an argument.

What’s this ‘far left’ nonsense you mention?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Alternative facts really don't count as the "other side." 

• Like 1

Federal judge dismisses former presidents lawsuit against Twitter.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/federal-judge-dismisses-trump-lawsuit-twitter-120654477.html

Twitter cited his tweets that were "highly likely to encourage and inspire people to replicate the criminal acts that took place at the US Capitol" on January 6th last year.

The former president that said, "I won't be going back to Twitter even if Elon Musk reverses his suspension" was suing Twitter to get his account back. 

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 2

I'm not a big fan of Elon Musk, but the guy has been supporting the Ukraine against Russia and in a significant way.  For this, he's getting death threats from Russia....not something one can ignore.  At least Elon has a sense of humor about it....

"Tesla Inc CEO Elon Musk on Sunday posted a seemingly sarcastic tweet about his possible death under mysterious events after sharing an alleged note by Russian space agency chief Dmitry Rogozin that mentioned him and the Pentagon."

"The world’s richest man has publicly supported Ukraine during its the ongoing Russian invasion, responding quickly to its request for Starlink terminals in February to restore communication.  Since then, SpaceX has donated thousands of satellite internet kits to Ukraine for hospitals and other critical infrastructure."

Musk tweeted...."If I die under mysterious circumstances, it’s been nice knowin ya."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/elon-musk-says-if-i-die-under-mysterious-circumstances-nice-knowing-you/ar-AAX3nwK?ocid=wispr&cvid=70cf146b47f7438da0ba8824de4c349f