Posting Tesco tea bags to Thailand from UK?

cliveshep

On 4/27/2022 at 12:59 PM, Bangkokhatter said:

Why don't you just order online inside of Thailand ?

Siambury's in partnership with expat foods.com have Yorkshire, PG and Tetley available

On 4/27/2022 at 1:02 PM, Dmaxdan said:

There are lots of places other than Tesco to buy English style tea bags here.

On 4/27/2022 at 1:04 PM, Denim said:

Lazada has Typhoo and PG Tips

On 4/27/2022 at 2:23 PM, BangkokAlan said:

Tops Market have Waitrose teabags which are very good and half the price of PG tips

He's after Tesco Red Label tea bags!

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Come on, raise your standards, lipton yellow is about the worse which you'll realise when you buy the brit teabags

Haha, was just thinking the same.... I am far from a tea/coffee snob and generally will drink anything going without fuss.... but christ even i draw the line at Lipton yellow... cheap or not.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Haha, was just thinking the same.... I am far from a tea/coffee snob and generally will drink anything going without fuss.... but christ even i draw the line at Lipton yellow... cheap or not.

Thing about Lipton Yellow is they aren't cheap 212 baht for 100 in Big C. In Siam Expat foods you can get 240 Tetley for 249 baht which are so much better

• Like 2

On 4/29/2022 at 8:57 AM, Whale said:

If in Minburi just have a trip to Bangkok. All of the supermarkets sell "British" tea. I settled on Liptons yellow because its the cheapest.

It's gnat's <deleted> and awful! Had it once or twice and found it disgusting! Plus even cheapest is not very cheap at all considering the country is supposed to grow tea. Coffee beans on the other hand at under 400 baht a kilo are cheap, also grown here. Prices in UK are the other way around, coffee expensive, tea cheap.

21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Tea bags are not prohibited products according to the Thai Customs website.

Really? Where did you see that? Can you share please? If you got it right that means this entire thread can be deleted as irrelevant hahaha!

2 hours ago, cliveshep said:
On 4/29/2022 at 12:18 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Tea bags are not prohibited products according to the Thai Customs website.

Really? Where did you see that? Can you share please? If you got it right that means this entire thread can be deleted as irrelevant hahaha!

I got it from the "Prohibited Goods" section of the Thai Customs website..."Foodstuffs" are not prohibited goods.   Hahahaha!

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: Wife bought a box of 80 Yorkshire Tea tea-bags. On the box is said in large letters £2.99 but it must have been a Yorkshire man selling it on Lazada because the price was a 100% markup. It is strongly flavoured and not to my taste but for those interested I think it might be an acceptable alternative to creosote for timber preservative. 

By comparison, 80 Tesco Red Label are £1.10 so almost 3 times cheaper AND you won't want to creosote the fence with it!

No apologies to Yorkshire men - I am what Compo (Bill Owen (Dec. ) would have called a "Southern Jessie".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cliveshep said:

UPDATE: Wife bought a box of 80 Yorkshire Tea tea-bags. On the box is said in large letters £2.99 but it must have been a Yorkshire man selling it on Lazada because the price was a 100% markup. It is strongly flavoured and not to my taste but for those interested I think it might be an acceptable alternative to creosote for timber preservative. 

By comparison, 80 Tesco Red Label are £1.10 so almost 3 times cheaper AND you won't want to creosote the fence with it!

No apologies to Yorkshire men - I am what Compo (Bill Owen (Dec. ) would have called a "Southern Jessie".

you would prefer these 

Screenshot_2022-06-01-09-11-18-112_com.facebook.katana.jpg

59 minutes ago, nong38 said:

Central food stores sell Waitrose Essential tea bags and range of Waitrose others teas, like Assam, Ceyon etc might be worth a look when you are near one.

We only came to know Waitrose as a brand after we moved here. But it was a big surprize. None of their products did let us down so far. Top quality. We even buy our original Parmesan DOP which they sell under their name. 18 month matured at a reasonable price.

We will try the tea as well now if they have it here in Pattaya Central Festival although thinking about it makes me sad a bit. No, actually sad quite a lot. The standard Tesco tea that Tesco/Lotus had was the best tea I tasted after Twinings discontinued ???????? my older favourite "Prince of Wales" while still offering dozens of others. Many things I do not understand about this world.

On 4/29/2022 at 12:16 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

He's after Tesco Red Label tea bags!

This is Thailand ,everything you want is not available , so you

have to go with the next best thing , Tesco's have departed

Thailand ,so you aren't going to find any Tesco red label tea

bags here now, there is still plenty of choice.

regards worgeordie