Political correctness, racism and more - I love it!

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The woke would have crucified him within the first minute.

Within the first minute??  Overly sensitive or just plain hyperbole?

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Can you imagine the reaction to Monty Python and  Fawlty Towers today ?

Great comedy when it was "allowed" to be just funny  and NO ONE took offence.

Miss those days.

I am sure if anybody at that time would have prophesied "progress" in the modern world nobody would have even remotely thought that could ever happen.

• Like 1

Standards change, it's getting harder to keep up. The word "<deleted>" is absolutely verboten for whites today, although African-Americans apparently use it quite freely among themselves.

My son has upbraided me for using the word "black" to describe African-Americans. <deleted>, make up your mind which continent you belong to.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Standards change, it's getting harder to keep up. The word "<deleted>" is absolutely verboten for whites today, although African-Americans apparently use it quite freely among themselves.

My son has upbraided me for using the word "black" to describe African-Americans. <deleted>, make up your mind which continent you belong to.

The N word means a very bad Black person  , the worst word Blacks use to describe another Black person ,

Some Black guys use it to describe themselves as in "Hes the baddest boy in town" kind of way , but the origins of the word mean a bad individual Black person .

White people use the word to describe ALL Black people , like "There are many Black people/N****rs living in the USA"

One person can be described as a N*******r , the problem is when a White person uses the word to describe the whole Black race and thats when it becomes offensive .

Like you could say that Elon Musk is a devil/N*****r , but calling all Black people N*****rs would be the same as suggesting that ALL White people are devils .

Can you see the difference ? 

The N word is self deprecating which is why it's only appropriate for those who use it in that way. It is not appropriate to use the word in any other circumstances.

I think many would wish that blacks had to emulate Sidney Poitier to succeed in a white man's world. And it's not "political correctness", it's just an epithet. Nothing at all to do with politics, either by those who use it or those who are offended by it.

Edited by ozimoron

20 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The N word means a very bad Black person  , the worst word Blacks use to describe another Black person ,

Some Black guys use it to describe themselves as in "Hes the baddest boy in town" kind of way , but the origins of the word mean a bad individual Black person .

White people use the word to describe ALL Black people , like "There are many Black people/N****rs living in the USA"

One person can be described as a N*******r , the problem is when a White person uses the word to describe the whole Black race and thats when it becomes offensive .

Like you could say that Elon Musk is a devil/N*****r , but calling all Black people N*****rs would be the same as suggesting that ALL White people are devils .

Can you see the difference ? 

No problem with that. What does baffle me is how the word "black" can be regarded as offensive, when "white" is used all the time.

10 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

The video ended before the best part. I can't find the version that followed Cleese's intro, but this one will do.

Thanks. The following is from 1990, a year after the introduction from above.

It seems like she didn't follow John's advice about showing off. But then, it was in Spain. ????