Thailand’s Health Minister won’t stop legalization of vaping

webfact

1 hour ago, Virt said:

If they legalize vaping my girlfriend will be happy, since she has to change to regular cigarettes when we're in Thailand.

I will be happy too, because then i don't have to deal with the smell of regular cigarettes.

She vape with no flavours so that's nice for me as non smoker.

Personally i wish she would stop vaping, but her choice and at least she turned from cigarettes to vaping, which had several advantages.

So yeah i hope Thailand legalize it, so she can vape again in Thailand.

So she likes to "smoke"... What are you complaining about ?! ????

• Haha 1

Do like Australia did few years back, they increased the price of cigarettes so much that smokers had to quit because they couldn't afford to buy them anymore, and it was rather effective move...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I don know much about it, but what is the sense of wanting to legalize weed but not this?

He's legalising the medicinal use of part of a plant... not legalising weed for smoking.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I don know much about it, but what is the sense of wanting to legalize weed but not this?

With the flip flop flip flop I observe ...

When does logic get a look in?

From what I have read the jury is still out on the saftey and health benefits of vaping. Many reports from around the world are now identifying health problems associated with vaping. Hopefully the Thai Health Dept and Government will look  closely at these reports and make an informed decision.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paul Henry said:

From what I have read the jury is still out on the saftey and health benefits of vaping. Many reports from around the world are now identifying health problems associated with vaping. Hopefully the Thai Health Dept and Government will look  closely at these reports and make an informed decision.

I am not expecting they will ever be proven to be worse than regular smoking.....vaping seems far superior wrt second hand smoke and the general stinking out of a place. And there should be a few less accidental fires too!

• Like 2

First off, I doubt an industry flak like mr. saligupta has any pull whatsoever.

Really popular here, especially with the younger clubbing crowds. Just wear the rig, and instantaneously smoke with the press of a button. No need to carry cigarettes or a lighter.

Will be interesting to see how they plan to control manufacturing, distribution, sales & marketing, tax, age limits, areas where vaping is permitted...not unlike the challenges of cannabis.

Plenty of local FB and YT sales and content...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEQ9dPOUCz7_7FFl6XFoAVw/videos

Edited by mtls2005

47 minutes ago, Paul Henry said:

A possible health risk is way better than the proven risk from smoking. Forcing people to use a product known to cause serious harm by banning an alternative product that may possibly have risks in the hope that some will quit is insanity.

• Like 2

Makes me laugh.

War on the smokers, war on the vapot..heu...ers...

But nothing, absolutely nothing serious, done for pollutions !

Fields burning, car/truck exhausts, even trash burning... Kill WAY more than cigarettes (there are datas about that).

Same with ganja : be a good drug addict with pills, and boose, but hey what ? you smoke ganja sometimes ? You are an addict ! a criminal ! ????

This world is just so stupid. ????

• Like 1

Legalising vaping is a step in the right direction but the product needs to be regulated .  Especially the vaping fluids . There were many in the open market and vaping shops in the UK that had been manufactured in back street sheds in China  with no control on hygiene or contents of ingredients . One analysis showed rat urine in the fluid .  Thai government controlled manufacturing facilities would be much safer , give much needed employment and also revenue to the government . It could be a massive earner especially if cannabis was included . Aside from the fluids there are of course the actual vaping cartridges that could also be made in Thailand within quality controlled factories for both Thai use and a huge foreign export market .   

• Like 2

VApes:  sold on every street corner and in many bars, including with a menu on hand to pick what you want.

Just don't get pulled over with one in hand it's extremely costly. 

Hilarious to see that arrest done next to a vape stand on the street corner.

oddest illegal industry I've ever seen.

No, I don't smoke/vape.

Edited by Dart12
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, superal said:

One analysis showed rat urine in the fluid . 

I love these tidbits. 

First of all how is this rat urine collected?

And how much is required?

And why rat urine?

Is it some inexpensive substitute for other types of urine?

But you're right, the vaping industry needs to be regulated, from rat urine collection to customer usage.

Vape fluid will bear the PETA label as no rats were harmed in the manufacture of this product.

Although several hindered thousand rats died testing the product.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I love these tidbits. 

First of all how is this rat urine collected?

And how much is required?

And why rat urine?

Is it some inexpensive substitute for other types of urine?

But you're right, the vaping industry needs to be regulated, from rat urine collection to customer usage.

Vape fluid will bear the PETA label as no rats were harmed in the manufacture of this product.

Although several hindered thousand rats died testing the product.

The rat urine was not put in the fluid on purpose but because these back street filthy , unhygienic places that make the fluid are rat infested the urine is passed into the product . The same goes for fake tobacco / cigarette manufacturing which also often contains vermin faeces . 

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, superal said:

The rat urine was not put in the fluid on purpose but because these back street filthy , unhygienic places that make the fluid are rat infested the urine is passed into the product .

OK, now you've got me hooked with your "science".

How is this random rat urine passed into the vaping fluid?

And who decided to test vaping fluid for rat urine?

I'm only asking because you seem to be so well informed on rat urine.

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Getting huge kickbacks on the cigarrette import.  Vape juice they not nor as easy to control manufacturing of it.

Tourists who are vaping.... not welcome.... Tourists who want to drink alcohol.... not welcome... tourists with no insurance for Covid... not welcome.....tourists peeing in the sea.... not welcome... Tourists who take pictures sitting on statues of the temple... not welcome... tourists who complain... not welcome..... 5,5 million people are expected this year..... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paul Henry said:

Links!  Otherwise it's flap-doodle.

Start with the real info first:

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/quit-smoking/using-e-cigarettes-to-stop-smoking/

Edited by mommysboy