Entitled BMW driver refuses to allow ambulance to pass - the driver even brakes unnecessarily

webfact

3 hours ago, DualSportBiker said:

I like the Swiss model; fines are proportional to offenders salary. If the offender is offensively rich, the judge can assign additional penalties. The largest penalty applied to date is 10.6 Million Baht.

As long as jail sentences are proportional to the amount of free time the offenders have I'd be OK with that.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Entitle him to a fine , a large one, not the stupid 500 Baht ,

people's lives can be at risk , @seholes like this need to

learn , hit them heavily in the pocket.

regards worgeordie

Sure, out of curiosity it would be interesting to listen to this driver explain WHY he didn't move to let the ambulance move on quickly.

Not saying he's entitled to prevent the ambulance form moving quickly, just curious as to what his reasoning would be. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, blazes said:

Never heard of "road rash" ...is that a disease common to Thailand....

It's a condition people on (off) bikes suffer when they are foolish enough not to wear appropriate clothing. They typically don't fall into the All The Gear, All The Time group.

4 hours ago, blazes said:

Never heard of "road rash" ...is that a disease common to Thailand....

It is the result of sliding down the surface of the road after coming off your bike or scooter. It is found in many places around the world.

Back in 1965 a mate of mine, in the UK, spent some time laying face down on a hospital bed having gravel pick out of his back, buttocks and legs after a head on crash with a car. And he was wearing a full biking suit, a full face helmet, proper m/c gloves and boots.

It can be very painful, depending upon the type of road surface.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Taking licenses off them will do absolutely nothing. They will just continue to drive without a license. 

Proper punishment would be heavy fines, if not paid then vehicle confiscated, or prison time. 

For this idiot, should be arrested, fined and jailed as an example. A month would be sufficient. 

since the medic teams have guns, they should be allowed to fire on pricks like this guy, that'll put the fear of sirens in the people????

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Sure, out of curiosity it would be interesting to listen to this driver explain WHY he didn't move to let the ambulance move on quickly.

Not saying he's entitled to prevent the ambulance form moving quickly, just curious as to what his reasoning would be. 

i have a feeling you'd be very disappointed in his answer and in the time lost in asking the question????

6 hours ago, rwill said:

The driver ended up pulling over and stopping to let the ambulance by so not as bad as they are making it out to be.

So safe to say it wasn't you or one of your family in the back of the ambulance.

• Like 1

The courts are part of the problem. The case recently handed down by the courts for the woman Doctor on the crosswalk 

Killed 1 year custodial and 4000 baht. 

I saw the full video not siding with the BMW driver but I think more to the story? 

At one point in the video the BMW with the ambulance right behind on a two lane road going in same direction both were on the right the ambulance could have gone by on the left but didn't as if the scene was staged so the filming could continue this went on for a while and road was cleared on the left and ahead. 

Edited by thailand49
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, DualSportBiker said:

It's a condition people on (off) bikes suffer when they are foolish enough not to wear appropriate clothing. They typically don't fall into the All The Gear, All The Time group.

Your picture is of a guy on a motorbike, and you've never heard of roadrash, yeah, pull the other one.

As long as the fines and/or Courts in Traffic offense's are a joke, nothing will change and we will see stories as this over and over.

Hindering an ambulance should carry:
- immediate confiscation of the vehicle;

- Immediate suspension of the driving license;
- Immediate transfer to a Court.

But then, this whole country is 1 big joke where 65 million people rather believe in ghosts and lucky lottery numbers than in traffic security.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Just change the law. If someone does not have the decency or consciousness to get out of way of an ambulance, then force them to by law. How about confiscating the vehicle for 60 days, and asking them to pay a 100,000 baht impound fee to get it back? 

Or suspension of the drivers license? 

Some people are simply incapable of doing the right thing. Society needs to deal with them harshly. 

You are correct, I am in the west now if you do this you will be heavely fined and lose  some points on your licence or maybe your licence for some time if you are a repeat offender

• Like 2

not hear any sirene hauling, not sure why. anyway, drivers of ambulance should have propper training. ambulance should only drive with flashing lights and sirene when on emergency call and on there way back to hospital. not when they go out and shop for food, and yes i saw it plenty times. people stop pay attention any more.

15 hours ago, scorecard said:

the reason is simple NO BRAIN !!!!!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DualSportBiker said:

You might benefit to know that you can edit your erroneous posts within some time-limit. I need to correct typos on a regular basis.

Yeah I'm the same as you, forever correcting typos, 30 minutes is the time limit I think, I normally read through before hitting the post button but for some reason I forgot this time. One day I'll get it right ????