Is tap water in Jomtien hard or soft?

Jingthing

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No but it seems subjective to me.

Does anyone actually know?

I would guess it is hard, because my Condo complex has a water softener filter installed.  I can tell a big difference between my Condo water, and taking a quick fresh water shower on the beach after a swim........I always feel itchy after a beach fresh water shower and do not at home.    Another thing, when I send my clothes out to a local laundry, they can come back stiff, when I wash them myself in the condo laudramat, they aren't as stiff feeling.

• Thanks 1

I'm genuinely interested but don't live in Jomtien. Looking at PWA information now. Found this at first glance; 

What is the pH for hard water?
8 or greater
Water that is considered hard or alkaline has a pH level 8 or greater. With a pH at a level 8 or greater, might mean the water could contain ions that can form scale deposits in pipes, clothes and on dishes.23 เม.ย. 2557

9 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I would guess it is hard, because my Condo complex has a water softener filter installed.  I can tell a big difference between my Condo water, and taking a quick fresh water shower on the beach after a swim........I always feel itchy after a beach fresh water shower and do not at home.    Another thing, when I send my clothes out to a local laundry, they can come back stiff, when I wash them myself in the condo laudramat, they aren't as stiff feeling.

Now that is very interesting as I do live in a condo.

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Look at the elements in your kettle, if covered in a horrible whitish scale then you have hard water, if the elements are cleanish then you have soft water.

We here on the Darkside have softish water.

I use bottled water in my kettle and there are only minimal white spots.

So that indicates that my bottled water is soft.  But the brand is Mountain Spring and if it really did come from a spring then it would have minerals making it hard.

But wait. The plot thickens.

My bum gun is caked with white deposits.

But the water does lather soap easily.

However there was a recent condo water maintenance thing where massive amounts of black gunk water went through the pipes.

Perhaps that created the bum gun deposits.

You see there is contradictory evidence now.

The soap says soft. The bum gun says hard.

So I need to clean or replace the gun and then wait and see if it goes white again over time.

No. Not rocket science unless bum guns are classed as rockets.

Edited by Jingthing

6 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I would go with your last sentence, clean it and then see what happens, sorry I didn't have my thinking head on, for some unknown reason I was using UK logic, many apologies ????

I assume it would take a good amount of time for deposits to show up though.

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

My bum gun is caked with white deposits.

That tells the answer.

Black gunk too short a time to create scale deposits.

Soap works ok unless water is very hard.

Play with your silly drama as you wish

or take a jar of your water and get the ph tested,  pool maintenance kit tests ph, amphur office, shop that sells  and services house water filters 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I assume it would take a good amount of time for deposits to show up though.

Not really, in the UK ( my home country ) it is safe to drink water straight from the tap, depending on where you live you can have either hard or soft water, it all depends on the local geography, I think if the water is coming through a chalk bed it will be soft, I'm sure I'll get corrected if I'm wrong ????????

5 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Not really, in the UK ( my home country ) it is safe to drink water straight from the tap, depending on where you live you can have either hard or soft water, it all depends on the local geography, I think if the water is coming through a chalk bed it will be soft, I'm sure I'll get corrected if I'm wrong ????????

Water being hard doesn't make water unsafe to drink but Jomtien tap water is still definitely not potable for other reasons.

I do use it for teeth brushing and boiling pasta though.

Edited by Jingthing

7 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

That tells the answer.

Black gunk too short a time to create scale deposits.

Soap works ok unless water is very hard.

Play with your silly drama as you wish

or take a jar of your water and get the ph tested,  pool maintenance kit tests ph, amphur office, shop that sells  and services house water filters 

Your tone is needlessly insulting but thanks anyway for your comment 

2 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

DOES it really really matter???????

all that matters is that it is not fit for drinking

Yes.  The op wants to know hard or soft but a little bit either way has no practical impact outside laboratories.  And the significance of hard or soft and how much depends on the situation being considered which the op leaves unstated untill just now, the post above.  And even with his post above, how hard is hard?  What ph? 

Just now, Bill97 said:

Yes.  The op wants to know hard or soft but a little bit either way has no practical impact outside laboratories.  And the significance of hard or soft and how much depends on the situation being considered which the op leaves unstated untill just now, the post above.  And even with his post above, how hard is hard?  What ph? 

i am not really bothered..........