TAT Eyes Leveraging Soft Power to Attract Quality International Tourists

webfact

I do not see where the word power, has to be a part of a tourist program. That is a word for 

the government, who love a bit of Power. or electricians who deal with power, or electricity every day.

Must be a second language, situation.  I do hope that TAT has a better slogan soon.

• Like 1

What an utter load of b0ll0cks, these over paid TAT hi-so and so's, need to stop with this nonsense, trying to come up with ideas to LURE tourists, How about come to Thailand and relax on a beach maybe smoke a joint, or vape, go to a bar/pub/park, pay the same as Thais, go to a shop at 4pm to buy alcohol, etc etc. The ironic thing is they will be going for a world wide jolly, and mango season is about to come to an end in a few weeks. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at one of their meetings.

10 hours ago, NeoDinosaw said:

The women are an incentive but not the main draw as they were 20 years ago. As you stated, it is the crazy fun atmosphere.   Many better beaches and pristine natural wonders in other countries nearby that IMO are superior to Thailand.

===================================================================================

NeonDinosaw siad:

I could not disagree more on all counts !

=======================================================

Well with over 50% of tourist now women, it would make your disagreement delusional.  Maybe these Chinese women are seeking other women but I doubt it.  I just now reflected on friends that came to visit me. All the single men came for the women and all the families for the fun atmosphere/adventure.  My family visits greatly  outnumbered single men.  Most people coming to Thailand are families or tour groups.

Thai tourism has changed and the sex tourist has become a MUCH smaller portion of the pie.  I would put it at less than 20% but that is based on only a hunch and my intuition has been terrible of late.

As for Thailand having the better beaches and natural wonders than nearby countries, I disagree but my taste is borderline bad and at least questionable.  You think Thailand's beaches and natural wonders are the best around and I think they are OK.

Funny how two people can perceive the same country so differently but to each his own. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Quality mango tourists.
The new TAT slogan.

How do those guys working at TAT get a salary?

Regular brown envelopes from a certain place to the TAT to makes things look good to deter the protesters for as long as possible and to hell with all these ordinary Thai people who depend on tourists for their livelihood.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Tourists are going to watch Thai movies and Muay Thai? ...... nahhhh! 

Most come for the Sun, Sand and Sangria!  ????????

PS. Sangria = any alcoholic drink!

"Most come for the Sun, Sand and Sangria!"  You mean they are not interested in visiting the Temples? ????

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Tourists are going to watch Thai movies and Muay Thai? ...... nahhhh! 

Most come for the Sun, Sand and Sangria!  ????????

PS. Sangria = any alcoholic drink!

Not Quite. That’s available in ultra expensive tropical places like Maldives & Bahamas.

Thailand Top Visit Reasons:

Safe Warm Cheap Family Friendly Tropical Simple Food Culture Flexible Women Drugs Work.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Hearts and minds.  Hard power is threat, soft power is PR, charm offensive, etc..

Hard Power = Economic Military Political.  

Soft Power = Culture ( Language, Music, Movies,  Institutions, History)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1