Where to invest now?

With the World  in turmoil following the Covid Pandemic, the ongoing situation in the Ukraine and the Worldwide impacts of both the "Markets" have been up and down.....(Like a Bride's Nightie)....

I invested in an ETF .....Oil (Wisdom Tree) Ticker "PCRD" in January and it has done nicely!

I believe that with the European wish to remove themselves from high dependance on Russian Energy and that when China opens up again that there will be a huge demand for Oil again.

I also have shares in a few BioTech companies but, I want to diversify more!

May I ask what you think are good potential shares?

I am wary of "Tech Stocks" as they are so volatile at the moment!

I welcome your ideas.

Many thanks!

• Like 1

that is listed on the LSE. 5.2 million quid total capitalized value, as I read it. The gereral 'rule of thumb' is to invest in nothing below a cap value of 10 milion quid/usd. and that is the bottom of the barrel. (no pun intended) . you've done well - good luck.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, paddypower said:

that is listed on the LSE. 5.2 million quid total capitalized value, as I read it. The gereral 'rule of thumb' is to invest in nothing below a cap value of 10 milion quid/usd. and that is the bottom of the barrel. (no pun intended) . you've done well - good luck.

Thanks Paddy....I like a "Gamble"!

Have you got any Horses for a bet today? :jap::cheesy:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Troy Tempest said:

Thanks Paddy....I like a "Gamble"!

Have you got any Horses for a bet today? :jap::cheesy:

I am heavily in Shell and it's doing great this year.
Thursday, quarterly figures.
BP did extremely well yesterday.
Also heavily in LGEN.
Not doing so well since the russian war but a good, steady, high dividend payer.
Get them now and get a 7% dividend yield.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Troy Tempest said:

May I ask what you think are good potential shares?

I am wary of "Tech Stocks" as they are so volatile at the moment!

I am invested in tech stocks (Shopify, Trade Desk, Wayfair, Netflix, Nvidia) and the S&P500 (meaning more tech stocks: Apple, Google) with about one eighth of my investment portfolio. However, I don't expect a rebound in prices anytime soon. Being 20-25% 'in the red' right now with this part of my portfolio, I have no plans to sell until 2036, which leaves some room for markets to rebound.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 2

Thank you all for your replies......Many were funny!

I was just wondering as my Broker is scratching his head right now and most of his clients are haemoraging DOSH!

I am still up YTD!.....But not by much!

Good luck Guys and Gals! :thumbsup:

30 minutes ago, Troy Tempest said:

Thank you all for your replies......Many were funny!

I was just wondering as my Broker is scratching his head right now and most of his clients are haemoraging DOSH!

I am still up YTD!.....But not by much!

Good luck Guys and Gals! :thumbsup:

Oil and gas.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RafPinto said:

I am heavily in Shell and it's doing great this year.
Thursday, quarterly figures.
BP did extremely well yesterday.
Also heavily in LGEN.
Not doing so well since the russian war but a good, steady, high dividend payer.
Get them now and get a 7% dividend yield.

In 50 years of investing, I have never bought oil nor tobacco.

Of course, over the years,,  I have invested heavily in Guinness and Midleton (premiums and Paddy blended) whiskeys. 

I am open to investing in one of these Canadian or US hemp farms ????

• Haha 1

Just now, paddypower said:

In 50 years of investing, I have never bought oil nor tobacco.

Of course, over the years,,  I have invested heavily in Guinness and Midleton (premiums and Paddy blended) whiskeys. 

I am open to investing in one of these Canadian or US hemp farms ????

PS and, sadly racehorses and greyhounds.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

Oil and gas.

We think alike!

My portfolio is now 75% Oil and 25% Gas, but not that type of gas.

Linde Plc...... 

Linde.com

Good luck to you all! 

• Like 1

In general best to invest in companies that “make stuff” and are profitable.  This takes many/most tech companies off your radar.  With interest rates increasing tech and bio tech not a good space to be.  Commodities … agricultural, industrial metals, precious metals are where you will see the best returns.  Shortages (Russia sanctions), China (end of lock downs, government stimulus), US dollar/FX are the conditions that will drive risk asset prices in these spaces. If you are fond of risk would buy Russia gold miners.  They are presently dirt cheap and it’s almost a sure thing that Russia will back their currency with gold/commodities)

• Like 1

When I retired I had to reinvest my retirement plan from the agency I worked for.    I went to an investment company.  The money was put into an account with only 20% stock.  The rest was balanced out in different types of investments. This was the least risk I decided to take. This is commonly referred to as an asset allocation fund.  
It did increase during the last few years.  But of course I lost some money during the market’s downturn lately. 

I have made some very good coin in the last 6 months, gold, lithium and miners.

The prior 2-3 years were very mediocre, nevertheless have always made my monthly budget targets.

2017-2018 were pretty similar to the last 6 months, very good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetsetBkk said:

I leave it all up to my financial adviser. I'm worth 50% more now than when I arrived here nearly 20 years ago. Don't know what to do with it all.

A thai girlfriend would love to take care of you.   ????

• Haha 1