Lost my 90 day report slip

Did my 90 day report a few weeks ago in person and the slip was attached to my passport by paper clip rather than stapled. Went to the bank last Tuesday to order my 12 months of bank statements and to which they made the usual passport copies and probably removed the slip and paper clip to make theirs copies and to which I’ve just discovered they didn’t put it back in my passport. My Thai lady just telephoned them but they cannot find it so will I have a problem when going to do my annual extension next week?

Out of curiosity I went online to see if I could download a copy of it, I am registered but entering my passport number in the check status box  it said words to the effect of doesn’t exist. So I tried to do a new one and filled in all the info and the end result was just a pdf of the 90 day report form with my particulars filled in, no rejection statement or that I’m doing it to early or any other message. Is this normal and all I have to do is wait?

Loosing your 90 day report slip is not the big of a problem. Immigration could do a new one if needed.

Apparently the report you did on line is pending approval. It probably will be rejected due you not being within the 15 window to do the report

OP, don't see what your concerned about.

You state that you did 90 report in person.

If you obtained the bank statements for an extension, immigration won't be concerned about your 90 day report. 

Edited by DrJack54

Dr. Jack, my limited experience in the province I now live in is that they’re very much jobsworths and love their paperwork and if they require a copy of every page of my passport including tm28 and my arrivals card from 12 years ago just for 90 day reporting then I’m going to take the kitchen sink with me for my annual extension and missing a bit of paper could have all sorts of hassles for me. 

10 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

Dr. Jack, my limited experience in the province I now live in is that they’re very much jobsworths and love their paperwork and if they require a copy of every page of my passport including tm28 and my arrivals card from 12 years ago just for 90 day reporting then I’m going to take the kitchen sink with me for my annual extension and missing a bit of paper could have all sorts of hassles for me. 

Yes sadly what you state about various immigration offices having their own "set of rules" is true.

Damn ridiculous when you think about it. 

I deal with CW and have never presented a TM30 or 90 report receipt for annual extension and the farcical thing is your office could be opposite. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes sadly what you state about various immigration offices having their own "set of rules" is true.

I deal with CW and have never presented a TM30 or 90 report receipt for annual extension and the farcical thing is your office could be opposite. 

i also deal with CW and i did get the TM30 request once when they had that short crackdown period.  they did ask for at the C-1 desk when i did a change visa from visa exempt to non O last august.  but didn't ask for it when i did the one year extension in october.

and i've never been asked for a 90 day report.  in some extension periods, i've not stayed in country for over 90 days at a time.  but in some i've stayed 120 or 150 and they don't seem to notice, check, etc... i think they waived the requirement for awhile during the covid times but these longer stays were before that. 

15 years in Hua Hin at least for me and everything  was straightforward, simple  and minimal paperwork, now I’m experiencing the dead opposite, on my 90 day visit I asked what was their requirements for my annual extension, they handed me a TM7 with their stamp already on it plus all the blocks on the back where they put their own stamps, they even handed me a STM2 form to complete plus another that has no number but I have to sign acknowledging that I’m aware of the penalties for any wrongdoing, and then an instruction sheet all in Thai that I had to get my lady to translate for me. They do seem friendly though and I’ve not been given the impression that a brown envelope would make things easier. 

When I do my 90 day report at Kamphaeng Phet I ask them to put  it in my passport with a paper clip. When I get home I then scan the report on my Brother printer and save it, then staple the report to my passport.

When I go for the 90 day report I take my passport, signed copies of the photo page and latest extension, TM6, TM 30 and the last 90 day report.

I am usually in and out within 5 minutes with the new 90 day report.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

When I go for the 90 day report I take my passport, signed copies of the photo page and latest extension, TM6, TM 30 and the last 90 day report

If you use the new online system you wouldn't need to do any of that.

Also you skipped over travel time return to immigration office.

For many that's a big deal. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I tie the report in with a bulk shop and rarely make a single trip there (about 68km each way) with the exception of the annual extension renewal.

Just tell them you lost the 90 day reciept when you do your extension.  They should be able to give you a new one.

Perhaps make a copy when you get a new one in case you lose it.  Or take a photo of it you can print out later if needed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, poppysdad said:

Out of curiosity I went online to see if I could download a copy of it, I am registered but entering my passport number in the check status box  it said words to the effect of doesn’t exist. So I tried to do a new one and filled in all the info and the end result was just a pdf of the 90 day report form with my particulars filled in, no rejection statement or that I’m doing it to early or any other message. Is this normal and all I have to do is wait?

Yes it is normal.  They will send you the bottom portion with new reporting date - this can take a few hours or a few days.  My first report using the system, I rec'd the portion you mention which shows they have received it.  I received the bottom portion of the form (pdf) by email 3 days later. 

I rec'd a reminder email that the next report was due. I logged in and completed the info requested. I received the top portion almost immediately followed by the bottom portion with my next due date about 2 hours later.

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Your 90 day report should should show up on their central computer at immigration. (worst case scenario 2000 baht fine).

this is one thing i was wondering about 'the worst case scenario'.  i don't know if you use CW or not, but if i show up for my one year extension in october this year and i've had two stays in thailand exceeding 90 days, one just over six months and one five months (one month in USA in btwn), what is the worst case scenario ?  is it 'sorry sir, go deal with your 90 day report problem at the 90 day report window' ?  i pay 6,000 there for three missed reports and then go back to the extension desk.  or is the fine just paid at the extension desk ?  i've missed 90 day reports before (never done one) and i've never been asked for a slip at CW before and evidently they haven't checked the computer for it either.

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Your 90 day report should should show up on their central computer at immigration. (worst case scenario 2000 baht fine).

There is no central database for 90 day reporting other than for those done online.

Each office has their own system for reports done in person , by mail and when they are approved when submitted online.

They print out the receipts using that system when you do them in person or by mail.

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I just did my 90 day report at Jomtien,brcause when I tried to do online, it keeps saying my email or password is incorrect. 

My previous and first report in over 5 years, was successfully done online...amazing... 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Unfortunately it’s not only Immigration, I live in Chiang Mai Province where the DLT Head Office in Chiang Mai accept the pink ID when renewing the driving licences, yet the local office require the certificate from Immigration.

However they issue the licences for. Six years.

Amazing Thailand.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no central database for 90 day reporting other than for those done online.

Each office has their own system for reports done in person , by mail and when they are approved when submitted online.

They print out the receipts using that system when you do them in person or by mail.

So why does the immigration officer where i go, go to his computer with my passport check whatever before writing out my 90 day slip ?

42 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

So why does the immigration officer where i go, go to his computer with my passport check whatever before writing out my 90 day slip ?

Think he is just updating your report.

9 hours ago, brianthainess said:

He enters you passport to check your 90 day report records and if you are doing a report they will print out the receipt for it.