Does an extension count from the date I apply or the date the visa would have ended?

The seems like it would be a common question, but I'm sorry I'm not finding it

I'm on a 60 day tourist visa and want to get the 30 day extension of stay.

Does the 30 days count from the day I apply? Or does it add the to full 60 days to total a full 90.

I'd like to do it early but don't want to mess up the timing and lose a week. 

Thank you

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The 30 day extension will start from the day your your 60 day permit to stay ends (visas are not extended).

I went to transfer my Retirement Visa from my old passport to a new passport and Immigration changed my Visa expiration date to my new passport date.
In other words:
My existent Visa was expiring on 28 May, but Immigration changed the date to 12 May (date the transferred everything to the new passport).

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I went to transfer my Retirement Visa from my old passport to a new passport and Immigration changed my Visa expiration date to my new passport date.
In other words:
My existent Visa was expiring on 28 May, but Immigration changed the date to 12 May (date the transferred everything to the new passport).

It seems they made a mistake.

When did you old passport expire. The may of changed you extension date last year to the day it expired.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 12:16 PM, ubonjoe said:

It seems they made a mistake.

When did you old passport expire. The may of changed you extension date last year to the day it expired.

No mistake.

My old passport was expiring on April 2 and my visa was expiring on May 28 (like it was 20 years).

But you forget THE MOST IMPORTANT IMMIGRATION LAW.

Every immigration officer is allowed to bend the laws to his/her own like, depending on:

What foot came first out of bed,

Was his Mia noy happy the day before,

Etc 

Immigration korat had a new staf and they wanted to show to everyone that there were new rules.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

No mistake.

My old passport was expiring on April 2 and my visa was expiring on May 28 (like it was 20 years).

But you forget THE MOST IMPORTANT IMMIGRATION LAW.

Every immigration officer is allowed to bend the laws to his/her own like, depending on:

What foot came first out of bed,

Was his Mia noy happy the day before,

Etc 

Immigration korat had a new staf and they wanted to show to everyone that there were new rules.

Your account is of little interest to the OP.

His 30 day extension will start from end of his current permission of stay from his TV entry.

End of....