Seven ways to move from pandemic to endemic - Thai MoPH official indicates Covid future from July

webfact

5 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Anyone who thinks covid is either over or ending is not paying attention. Cases worldwide are up. New variants are popping up on a regular basis. And the world as a whole doesn't have enough people who are vaccinated or have natural immunity. Plus new variants get right through vaccinations and there have been repeat cases.

No it really is over. It's just another virus that only the very old and weak succumb to. Nothing to worry about. Move along.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Anyone who thinks covid is either over or ending is not paying attention. Cases worldwide are up. New variants are popping up on a regular basis. And the world as a whole doesn't have enough people who are vaccinated or have natural immunity. Plus new variants get right through vaccinations and there have been repeat cases.

Covid is here, it will be here and it's not going away.

*yawwwwn* Don’t care anymore 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

People don't think Covid is over or ending. Most people have realised it is now mild enough to be treated the same as many other viruses and diseases. We don't have restrictions in place for other diseases do we?

I mean, we could probably avoid getting a cold / the flu if we all stay at home and close down all businesses.  But we wouldn't do that, would we? 

Your logical thinking is very dangerous.  You are lucky you are not living in Cambodia during the Pol Pot era.

Stop thinking and just agree with the narrative.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, internationalism said:

over 2 years into pandemic and looks like still there was not proper data collection. Doing it now, when there is no serious situation, will be wasting another 7bln (that on top of funding before many other digital systems, with half-operational or non-operational applications). 

As to those "seven" in the title - they are rather steps, points, but not 7 different ways of transformation

Dr John Campbell has presented firm published data from the UK and all over the world that so far there is no concern over the Sub variants of Omicron, I think its up to BA 1.12 now, they are not causing any worse problems. In one of the latest videos he says that in the UK 99 % of the population have had some form of Omicron and that we will have to live with it and that reinfection from lesser harmful variants will provide a boost to the natural immunity already acquired from natural infections. Pfizers latest release of court ordered documents confirms that they knew about natural immunity during the vaccine trials. 

Strangely medical authorities still don't test for natural immunity, they use your tax payers money to conduct tests and they only test for vaccine immunity. 

So far sub variants that were expected to displace previous variants are not doing so, but they are still evolving. 

• Like 2

For the posters who think that COVID is over, take an enjoyable trip to China, and see

what a real lock down feels like.  Still people dying from COVID, and we are all tired of the

pandemic, so it will be a great day when all countries consider COVID to be endemic, but

how many people all over the world have had 2 shots and maybe a booster for the lucky

ones that can get a booster.  How is Africa doing, or the ME, or all the refugee camps all over

haw are the people doing there with their booster program?  Has South America vaccinated all of

their populations?  I am just hoping that by October or November the Thailand Pass will be gone,

as well as having to get some special insurance instead of the travel insurance that I usually get to

travel abroad. Will the future be brighter?

By definition, Covid can never be endemic. It may be largely confined to specific groups such as the elderly, those with underlying conditions, the immunocompromised, and children but that does not make it like the flu.

In fact, epidemiologists have said infectious transmission is approaching that of measles. Current vaccines don’t prevent transmission.

Excess deaths, illness requiring hospitalisation, and widespread transmission are not going away by govt announcement.

The potential for a new, worse variant is very real. Plus long Covid.

21 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Complete and utter rubbish.

When Delta was at it's peak of 20,000-25,000, around me we knew/heard of a few that had been infected.

Omicron now around me is everywhere, it would be easier to name those that haven had/got it.

Yet government health figures say it's down to around 10,000....

I'll say it again Utter rubbish.

Just when you thought it was safe to take off your mask they come out with this <deleted>.

4 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

And all those other non Chinese were?

Obviously better than the Chinese ones! One would have thought they would have done a better job when apparently that is where the virus came from!  

Most countries in the world have been using Pfizer and Astrazeneca (and Moderna) in preference to CoronaVac and Sinopharm (including Thailand now)  

49 minutes ago, sambum said:

Most countries in the world have been using Pfizer and Astrazeneca (and Moderna) in preference to CoronaVac and Sinopharm (including Thailand now)  

Better marketing on behalf of those manufacturers.

I don't know how many breakthrough cases there are with the Chinese vaccines, but all other "better" vaccines have plenty. Same goes for side effects, which btw as was recently found out Pfizer tried to hide by: 1. Sealing original clinical test data for 70 years, and 2. By removing from the research any result that they didn't like ..

13 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

For the posters who think that COVID is over, take an enjoyable trip to China, and see what a real lock down feels like. 

Why would anyone take an "enjoyable trip" to China—sounds like an oxymoron? Their Zero-Covid policy is not reaping any benefits or rewards apart from crashing their own economy. No thank you. The same reason I'm not booking a flight to Thailand right now is the same reason I'm not hopping on a jet plane to China—both countries have yet to learn to live with Covid.

And yes, Covid (as in the recent Omicron strains that are currently ripping through China) is on the wane throughout the rest of the world. Of course, there will be more subvariants that come along, such as the new Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 from South Africa. And, since you asked, the medical experts believe that more than 90% of South Africans are estimated to have natural immunity against Covid which could limit the pressure on hospitals in the near future, so don't worry about South Africa. And that's the thing worth remembering, most countries now have a robust protection against this severe disease, apart from the ones that went for Zero-Covid (or so it would seem). Just ask Xi Jinping.

Though, I DO endorse your belief (or hope) that the Thai Pass will be got-rid-of by September or October. Let's hope common sense finally prevails.

Edited by Senior Player

On 5/7/2022 at 10:09 AM, smedly said:

what a complete pile of tosh

the world has moved on what is wrong with Thailand - behind the curve as usual

Omicron finnished this pandemic - simple

I guess the power mingers still need to maintain power and control and keep the emergency fugets flowing into greedy ##s

Omicron finished the pandemic ?

There are still much to be wary of . New wave developing in the country of  origin for Omicron 

Please don't make rash statements.

22 minutes ago, itsari said:

Omicron finished the pandemic ?

There are still much to be wary of . New wave developing in the country of  origin for Omicron 

Please don't make rash statements.

Nope. This "new wave developing in the country of origin" is the same highly transmissible Omicron variant that's barely caused a ripple elsewhere in the world and is currently on the wane. So I don't believe @smedly's statement was that rash.

Edited by Senior Player

13 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

Nope. This "new wave developing in the country of origin" is the same highly transmissible Omicron variant that's barely caused a ripple elsewhere in the world and is currently on the wane. So I don't believe @smedly's statement was that rash.

Similar , not the same .

Surge in cases there .

I stand by my earlier comment .

Just a blustering rash statement 

17 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Better marketing on behalf of those manufacturers.

I don't know how many breakthrough cases there are with the Chinese vaccines, but all other "better" vaccines have plenty. Same goes for side effects, which btw as was recently found out Pfizer tried to hide by: 1. Sealing original clinical test data for 70 years, and 2. By removing from the research any result that they didn't like ..

What do you mean by "breakthrough cases"?

P.S. I didn't think that Covid had been around for 70 years, so how can the side effects have been hidden for that legth of time?

"By removing from the research any result that they didn't like .."  And you heard/saw the facts about this where?

From what I have read it would appear that the Chinese vaccines were approved by the WHO for "emergency use only", they only offer protection for a limited length of time, and most studies seem to indicate that, in a nutshell - other vaccines are more effective, especially for the older generation.

1 hour ago, sambum said:

What do you mean by "breakthrough cases"?

P.S. I didn't think that Covid had been around for 70 years, so how can the side effects have been hidden for that legth of time?

"By removing from the research any result that they didn't like .."  And you heard/saw the facts about this where?

From what I have read it would appear that the Chinese vaccines were approved by the WHO for "emergency use only", they only offer protection for a limited length of time, and most studies seem to indicate that, in a nutshell - other vaccines are more effective, especially for the older generation.

1. Breakthrough cases refer to vaccinated people who got infected by COVID (as in the virus broke through the vaccines protection).

2. Pfizer tried to seal the research results for the next 70 years, not the past 70 years. A federal court in the USA ruled against it and they had to publish the results. Google and find for yourself.

https://christianresearchnetwork.org/2022/03/05/pfizer-reluctantly-releases-data-under-court-order/

https://newsrescue.com/1200-deaths-in-90-days-pfizer-safety-data-released-under-judge-foia-enforcement-and-its-not-good-expert-video-review/

Just a couple of samples ^^^

3. AFAIK WHO doesn't approve/disapprove vaccines or medications. The FDA and other such government agencies around the world do.

4. All vaccines offer "protection" for a limited time. Hence the "need" for boosted, currently the 2nd booster (or the 4th jab....)

1 hour ago, sambum said:

I think there is a lock on Pfizer test data that won't be released for that timeframe... a bit suspicious isn't it.

14 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

1. Breakthrough cases refer to vaccinated people who got infected by COVID (as in the virus broke through the vaccines protection).

2. Pfizer tried to seal the research results for the next 70 years, not the past 70 years. A federal court in the USA ruled against it and they had to publish the results. Google and find for yourself.

https://christianresearchnetwork.org/2022/03/05/pfizer-reluctantly-releases-data-under-court-order/

https://newsrescue.com/1200-deaths-in-90-days-pfizer-safety-data-released-under-judge-foia-enforcement-and-its-not-good-expert-video-review/

Just a couple of samples ^^^

3. AFAIK WHO doesn't approve/disapprove vaccines or medications. The FDA and other such government agencies around the world do.

4. All vaccines offer "protection" for a limited time. Hence the "need" for boosted, currently the 2nd booster (or the 4th jab....)

Yup, and the UK Govt just issued a warning about myocarditis following Pfizer jabs, especially in young males. Not recommended for kids under 12 yo..

Link: UK Govt Org

myocarditis.jpg