How dating a Thai caddie can improve your golf game

ASEAN NOW News

Golf resorts have a terrible  impact on local communities and the environment. A typical golf course in Thailand needs 1500kg of chemical fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides per year and uses as much water as 60,000 rural villagers.

The only reason golf resorts got  built here because of government corruption overcoming the wishes of the communities.  The article is a publicity puff and distortion  of the truth.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2022 at 5:58 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Golf resorts have a terrible  impact on local communities and the environment. A typical golf course in Thailand needs 1500kg of chemical fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides per year and uses as much water as 60,000 rural villagers.

The only reason golf resorts got  built here because of government corruption overcoming the wishes of the communities.  The article is a publicity puff and distortion  of the truth.

I've been playing on an army course in Chiang Rai, natural grasses. Never seen anyone use any chemicals in the 2 years I've played there.

True, it uses water, growing grass and trees that absorb carbon dioxide. It also provides free food for the 100 caddies that work there, by way of mushrooms, fungi and various vegetables that grow wild.

You may have a point with the more artificial golf resorts. Having said that, golf courses do provide a lot more employment than would exist if they were not there.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

She can flutter your putter?  ????

After asking Arnold (Palmer), "Do you have any superstitions before a round?" Arnold replied "My wife kisses my balls."
Carson response, "
That'll make your putter flutter."

Classic.  :thumbsup:

Edited by connda