Crypto Crashes

54 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I am buying. Actually bought Luna yesterday at 90c. 

I bought a small bit this morning at 1.08. Figure must be worth a gamble. I only bought a t tiny bit though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

LUNA suspended by Prime XBT. I think it will just go to zero. There was some concern that the company had bought 10 billion in BTC and might sell it to prop up LUNA but it looks like they might just walk away with the bitcoin. Pure speculation on my part.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AwwYesNice1 said:

Got shares for a nice shiny bridge in Bklyn for y'all.

Only cash accepted tho....

Stocks are also sinking so its not just Crypto, S&P 500 down to its lowest in a great long time same with the NASDAQ, Glad I moved shares into Oil and Natural gas and have been trading Options and Puts.

• Like 1

I remember a time when I thought "I have some money to invest. Why not buy oil? It will NEVER go down in value!" Then I thought better and just kept it in the bank. Sure nuff, oil started to plummet. This is all just too risky and I really don't need to gamble like this.

29 minutes ago, Whale said:

I bought a small bit this morning at 1.08. Figure must be worth a gamble. I only bought a t tiny bit though.

Thing is I doubled my stack for very little money.

Kinda like insurance.

Luckily, I was not big on Luna. Sold 10% of my DOT to get some. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Stocks are also sinking so its not just Crypto, S&P 500 down to its lowest in a great long time same with the NASDAQ, Glad I moved shares into Oil and Natural gas and have been trading Options and Puts.

Glad that my biggest holding is SHELL.

• Like 1

And all these conjured from nothing things, created by unknown people with an unknown intent, should go back up because why?

Because it used to be at a higher price?  Because you used to have a higher paper net worth?

It certainly isn't because any of these entities will have 'good earnings'.

Retail came late to the party, and the founders used retail's enthusiasm and naivete to unload much of what they had created. Usually they pump these things back up, but there will come a time when they've cashed out enough and passed on the pie-in-the-sky dream to the Greater Fools. Maybe that is now, maybe not.

A guy I once worked with, when he began trading, used to keep a sign above his trading desk that said "Losers Average Losers". I used that in my own career as a hedge fund manager. It was wisdom I was happy to steal. Another bit of wisdom I stole was to continually move up my stops in a winning position. Neither I nor the market gives a flying f where I put the position on. Only the taxman cares. Obviously lots of folks in crypto failed to do that and are now living on hope.

Incidentally, the guy is now worth $7 billion and is on the Forbes List of Billionaires.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1