Crypto Crashes

10 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Us stocks 25 to 30% overvalued i said that weeks ago

That is why with it being the earnings reporting season I have been calling my puts...making coin.

Edited by ThailandRyan

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

Not scared ...just not stupid enough ....????

Then it's your loss either way.....play the game or don't, you get burned either way if you have no idea what your doing....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I wish I could say what I really think about the following people but I would be banned. Disgusting. 

@mokwit  @John Drake @GrandPap   @chippendale

The people promoting this suicide causing ponzi for their own enrichment are just fine though?. I know what market losses are like and feel sympathy for those sucked in taking losses, but I laugh out loud at all those people who thought they were so smart being in crypto and  posting #HFSP and saying anyone who didn't buy the BS was so stupid. That is after allowing for their likely youth and inexperience.

Here is what I posted elsewhere that clarifies my position:

"I have zero sympathy for those 'oh so smart' people who tweeted #HFSP and every sympathy for those that didn't. There will be suicides. @saylor @APompliano @tyler @cameron @RaoulGMI are probably going to find this new trend of the aggrieved picketing a residence uncomfortable".

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Great time to buy when there is so much fear. 

I am buying. Actually bought Luna yesterday at 90c. 

So much for a store of value, it's down 99% today, so you've lost near 99% of your investment. 

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I guess you haven't been watching the news ????

Markets trying to claw its way back up. MATIC looks to have made some additions which will increase its value as well.

• Like 1

I started a popular thread in Jan 2020, when BTC was $30.5k. Today, after one of the biggest crashes, if not THE biggest crash in crypto history, BTC stands at $30.5k.

As usual, there are lots of FUDers and haters come into this thread as they are bitter, they are even happy despite this crash causing some inexperienced to commit suicide - ????

There is a saying in crypto -  HODL. 

It is all to to with time in the market.

Even those who bought at the high of 2017($19k) faired winners by waiting 2 years, and could have sold at $69k. 

If you don't like volatility or are an unwilling dinosaur go buy stock and get 10% on your money. Talking of which, Buffet has double down on his 'crypto bank' investment.

Alternatively, if you are a boring trader, buy gold. Actually, gold is down since I started that topic :cheesy:

Edited by Neeranam
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

I was sad because with you hubris and confidence you come across as such a newbie trader - let me guess, you have never trade an asset other than crypto before.

Well I've put you right now. 

I thought you disagreed with something I said! 

I have traded other assets with Maybank and eToro. I don't know, as I know little about them.  

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

How is it unethical?

I'm positive we have been through this before in another thread, so how to explain unethical? 

I mentioned one in my post or maybe two reasons? 

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Because the use of crypto is a very well known and well proven method for money laundering and fraudulent activities, proven in many instances.

Same with the pump and dump stock schemes before or those investing in shell corporations to hide the ill gotten gains, but then there is always the flip side where Stocks are good investments and so can crypto be.  Diversification is best at the end of the day.  

Are you trying to say that Mark Cuban, Warren Buffet and others who have either bought into crypto or companies that support cryptos are laundering their money from fraudulent activities, just a different view than yours is all.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Same with the pump and dump stock schemes before or those investing in shell corporations to hide the ill gotten gains, but then there is always the flip side where Stocks are good investments and so can crypto be.  Diversification is best at the end of the day.  

Are you trying to say that Mark Cuban, Warren Buffet and others who have either bought into crypto or companies that support cryptos are laundering their money from fraudulent activities, just a different view than yours is all.

Google the Crypto King and watch it.  As for those billionaires you mention I hold no stock or admiration for them or their types at all. Buying and selling shares or stock is just another form of gambling, some win big whist others loose big.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Excel said:

Because the use of crypto is a very well known and well proven method for money laundering and fraudulent activities, proven in many instances.

You are joking I hope, otherwise you look very foolish.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, mokwit said:

So what is it for then?

Smart contracts and many other things

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/fact-vs-fiction-what-crypto-really-used-clayton-moore

Debunking Crypto Myths: Illegal Activity 

Between crypto myths of money laundering to tax evasion, cryptocurrency is having a hard time shaking its bad reputation. Let’s take a moment to dive into some of these common myths that we often see on our newsfeeds. So, next time your Aunt Susan brings up how sketchy crypto is, you’ll have some material to fire back with! 

• Money Laundering and Tax Evasion – Some argue that cryptocurrency is a great tool for those looking to commit tax evasion. This is because of more lax reporting regulations. But is that cryptocurrency’s fault? Hell no. Governments just haven’t caught up yet because they’re too focused on digging up propaganda about crypto. As well, this is hardly a crypto-specific problem. When the system is designed to help the rich slide by, they’re going to abuse it. It’s a no-brainer. If you’re looking for your missing tax dollars, maybe turn your attention to big corps like Amazon. 
  • Drug Use – It’s a common idea that drug lords and dealers are tapping into cryptocurrency to conduct their transactions. The reality is that most drug dealers sell to people they know. Whether or not cryptocurrency is in the equation doesn’t matter. The war on drugs was a massive failure to begin with. Let’s not migrate to the war on cryptocurrency. 
  • Terrorism – There are also concerns that crypto is being used to fund terrorists and extremist groups. While this might have happened in the past, the dark web has always been there. These holes in our financial systems have always been there. Cryptocurrency is just highlighting these gaps, leading government leaders and regulators to ultimately address them. As law enforcement begins to learn a thing or two about cryptocurrency, criminals will find that their actions are very easily tracked on the blockchain. Just because there are no names involved, doesn’t mean it’s impossible to trace. The Department of Justice even admitted that crypto transactions make it way easier for them to follow the money. Criminals are practically doing them a favour! 

And is there more illegal activity happening with crypto over cash? Definitely not. Chainalysis proved the opposite. In their report, they stated cryptocurrency-related crime fell significantly in 2020. Even more interesting, Chainalysis reported that scams are the most common crypto crime. Scams accounted for 54% of illicit activity in 2019. Not terrorism, drugs, or money laundering. After all, you can’t believe every headline you read. 

What is Crypto Really Being Used For? 

Well, you can use cryptocurrency to donate to your favorite charity. Just look at Fidelity Charitable. They took in nearly $30 million in crypto donations in 2020. Overall, two-thirds of their donations were non-cash assets. 

Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt: the Fuel for Crypto Myths

Cryptocurrency is over 12 years old. Even though it’s no longer a novel technology, it doesn’t mean that people aren’t still warming up to it. 

Do you remember when computers were starting to get popular? People freaked out about the damage they could cause. Flashback to the Y2K hysteria. In 1999, people were convinced that computers would cause the collapse of the global economy. Why? Because they wouldn’t be able to properly format dates anymore. 

In hindsight, that’s totally ridiculous. But isn’t the current anti-crypto hysteria just as ridiculous? 10 years from now, a lot of people are going to look back and feel really dumb. Crypto is here to stay and the sooner you can realize that, the better. 

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/investing/cryptocurrency/what-is-cryptocurrency/

You can use crypto to buy regular goods and services, although most people invest in cryptocurrencies as they would in other assets, like stocks or precious metals. While cryptocurrency is a novel and exciting asset class, purchasing it can be risky as you must take on a fair amount of research to fully understand how each system works.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1