Alloy wheels reportedly worth 35,000 baht stolen from pickup truck in Sri Racha

snoop1130

It is getting a bit like some areas of the UK. It reminds me of Liverpool and Manchester in the late 1980s.

There was a tower block in North London called Trellick Towers and when a 2 man team worked there a second 2 man team went with them. One guy to stay with both vehicles and then to take the first team car away. If not the car would be stripped to the bone in a couple of hours.

There was a car park outside a hotel in Manchester but the guy would not even leave his hut for safety reasons, even if he saw vehicles being broken into.

OTOH most of the rest of the UK was OK then.

• Like 1

Carpark central Belfast few years back, Park your car nice wheels tyres. Return later, who ever checks wheels, too busy with shopping. Drive of quick puncture. Get all wheels changed for <deleted>!  Car park staff had a nice scam going untill caught! 

When I lived in Manhattan long ago, a friend told me his friend and he were out driving, and on a dark street his friend's car got a flat front tire.

So they pull over, take out the jack from the trunk and start removing it.

A car pulls up next to them, several guys run out of it and one shouts to my friend "You guys take the front, we'll get the rear!"

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The male victim, Wattana Sareetham, a 30-year-old factory worker, told The Pattaya News reporters in grief that his four alloy wheels worth 35,000 were stolen from his white pickup truck parked in front of his rental room.

To me its the equivalent of an Indian tourist leaving his gold chain on the side walk outside his Pattaya hotel !

12 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I think he needs to invest in those special wheel nuts that need a particular type of tool to remove them.

Locking wheel nuts I believe.

Well a bit late now perhaps. I can't even get the regular ones off when I need to!

13 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I think he needs to invest in those special wheel nuts that need a particular type of tool to remove them.

Locking wheel nuts I believe.

That's exactly what happened.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

This type of theft happens in most countries.  I also see old  clunkers with wheels that are probably worth more than the vehicle itself. 

they're not wheels bro, they're "rims" ????

11 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

When I lived in Manhattan long ago, a friend told me his friend and he were out driving, and on a dark street his friend's car got a flat front tire.

A car pulls up next to them, several guys run out of it and one shouts to my friend "You guys take the front, we'll get the rear!"

Happened to the indian guys in Pattaya.
Ladyboys came from nowhere. One said: you take the rear and I the front....and off they went with the gold necklace 555

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

To me its the equivalent of an Indian tourist leaving his gold chain on the side walk outside his Pattaya hotel !

Or leaving gold, cash, or valuables on the dresser, when he brings a working gal back to the room. Talk about poor survival instincts!

14 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

When I lived in Manhattan long ago, a friend told me his friend and he were out driving,and on a dark street his friend's car got a flat front tire.

"...a friend told me his friend and he were out driving..."

B0llocks, you've just regurgitated the oldest car joke in history!

Edited by Liverpool Lou

45 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Why put rims on an agricultural utility vehicle? 

Odd behaviour. 

Choice, that's why.   

Chronically referring to pickups as "agricultural utility vehicles" at every inappropriate opportunity is even odder behaviour.

Drum brakes on the rear and fake plastic 'Brembo' caliper covers on the front. ????

Seriously though, if you are potless and living in workers accommodation as shown in the video, why would you spend three month's wages on alloy wheels?

Bad life choices, ain't Thailand full of 'em.

• Like 1