Passport expires within o visa period

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you do not get a new passport your extension of stay will end in June of 2023. Immigration will only issue a extension to the day your passport expires.

Thanks it is only 2 mths anyway,quick question i am going to aust in dec should i renew PP there or would it be better to do it in Thailand as the visa stamps will be in the old PP when i come back in.

3 minutes ago, stubby52 said:

Thanks it is only 2 mths anyway,quick question i am going to aust in dec should i renew PP there or would it be better to do it in Thailand as the visa stamps will be in the old PP when i come back in.

If you get your passport while in Australia show both passports when you enter the country to use the re-entry permit in your old passport and then immigration will stamp you into the country the new one.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 7:09 AM, stubby52 said:

No problem travelling with 2 passports.

You need to check out the process time for renewal pp both in Thailand and in Australia.

Process time in Oz has blown out up to 6 weeks.

You can pay extra for more urgent process (not sure of the criteria). 

As you say obtaining next extension with existing pp you only miss out on 2 months.

It boils down to process time.

Application for new pp is done by appointment at Oz embassy Bangkok..