Thai Immigration getting their act together

32 minutes ago, norbra said:

I just received an email from Immigration reminding me of my appointment tomorrow at CW for retirement extension of stay

Very good service. Thinking like my dentist who rings me up the day before my appointment! Did they also send you an email advising that your extension was approaching expiry date?

4 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Very good service. Thinking like my dentist who rings me up the day before my appointment! Did they also send you an email advising that your extension was approaching expiry date?

With my expiry date still 4 weeks away it might now be a bit too early for a notification

8 minutes ago, norbra said:

With my expiry date still 4 weeks away it might now be a bit too early for a notification

What's the difficulty in placing due date and two week prior window open in your cell calendar with auto notification. 

Not difficult.

• Like 1

I don´t get this everlasting discussions of 90 day reports and all the problem it might include. I am on retirement, and have no problem. I just call the friendly woman that is at the immigration office, and she register my report without any need to go there. Last time I actually took time to go there. Not to make my 90 day, but just to give them all a big cake full with whip cream and chocolate.

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2022 at 8:40 PM, Caldera said:

Just imagine they'd really get their act together and abolished 90-day reports altogether.

I believe it requires a regulatory change to abolish it. Immigration cannot do it without politicians approving it. 

9 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

I don´t get this everlasting discussions of 90 day reports and all the problem it might include. I am on retirement, and have no problem. I just call the friendly woman that is at the immigration office, and she register my report without any need to go there. Last time I actually took time to go there. Not to make my 90 day, but just to give them all a big cake full with whip cream and chocolate.

So which immigration office provides this cozy service.

Vast majority can not do 90 reports with a phone call. 

• Like 1

It just amazes me to see people who are treated like refugees (by the way all refugees in any country are legal) want to call themselves expats and discuss hours on a mundane subject like 90-day reporting as if it's a life time achievement. I don't do any 90-day reporting or Tm-30. So far no problem. When I encounter problem, I will post here to enlighten people of consequences of not doing 90-day reporting. I refuse to be treated like a refugee.

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

It just amazes me to see people who are treated like refugees (by the way all refugees in any country are legal) want to call themselves expats and discuss hours on a mundane subject like 90-day reporting as if it's a life time achievement. I don't do any 90-day reporting or Tm-30. So far no problem. When I encounter problem, I will post here to enlighten people of consequences of not doing 90-day reporting. I refuse to be treated like a refugee.

dumb mate, very dumb. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

dumb mate, very dumb. 

Why dumb? What will happen? If caught I pay fine. If not caught I am free. Why bother? In five years not caught yet. What's the probability of being caught in the next five years? I always believe in "fortune favors the bold". 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Why dumb? What will happen? If caught I pay fine. If not caught I am free. Why bother? In five years not caught yet. What's the probability of being caught in the next five years? I always believe in "fortune favors the bold". 

Out of interest how do you live in Thailand for 5 years?

What type of visa or extensions etc

28 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Do I have to point out the obvious, that you are in contravention of Thai immigration law, a country you are living in and a set of requirements that you clearly do not respect, that's the very definition of dumb in my book.  The worse that can, and may yet happen,  is that you are held in an Immigration Detention  Center for a period of time, fined and then deported, which, considering your obvious distain for Thailand, would probably be the right outcome. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, norbra said:

I just received an email from Immigration reminding me of my appointment tomorrow at CW for retirement extension of stay

It looks like these reminders are integrated into the new MS Office365 system. So that includes TM.47 and Appointments sub-systems.

I only infer this based on the title, and info contained in the TM47/90 Day email.

email title: [TM47] Notification for alien before the next appointment.

and the email references the current Reference Number: Reference No: TM47-NN-YYYYMMDD1234567890, which matches that on your previously issued Receipt of Notification via the online system.

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So which immigration office provides this cozy service.

Vast majority can not do 90 reports with a phone call. 

No, I know! Let´s say I am in the lucky 1 % that can. Let´s also say that they do not provide it to all. I guess it depends on what kind of person you are.

47 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

No, I know! Let´s say I am in the lucky 1 % that can. Let´s also say that they do not provide it to all. I guess it depends on what kind of person you are.

See how that works out for you if you live say Bangkok and deal with CW. 

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What's the difficulty in placing due date and two week prior window open in your cell calendar with auto notification. 

Not difficult.

Why would I want to do that,I know exactly when my extension expires, maybe the fact that it is the same date every yearis a clue,you may need a reminder but I dont

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, norbra said:

Why would I want to do that,I know exactly when my extension expires, maybe the fact that it is the same date every yearis a clue,you may need a reminder but I dont

I was referring to 90 day reports not annual extensions. ......From the OP.....

"I just looked opened my email inbox and saw a message from Thai Immigration. It was a friendly reminder that my 90 day report is due 30 May and I can either submit my 90;day report online or I can stop by my local office"

Edited by DrJack54

19 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Which immigration office do you use? 

I ask because a 90 day report (&TM30) seems to be mandatory at Jomtien IO to get an extension or a Re-entry permit & I can't remember if CW needed the 90day report but they did need a TM30 last time I did my extension there. 

If you don't have them, you have to sort that out 1st (pay the fine) & then go back to do your extension, too much of a ballache for me so I simply do it online OR pay an agent a few hundred THB depending.

As an aside the new online system seems to be much better than the old one but I re-entered end of March so it remains to be seen whether it will work for me next time... If not, Maneerat did it for me for 200 THB last time I was having problems.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

As an aside the new online system seems to be much better than the old one but I re-entered end of March so it remains to be seen whether it will work for me next time.

Assume you entered with reentry permit or same visa.

Think your next 90 report online will be no problem. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

See how that works out for you if you live say Bangkok and deal with CW. 

Why! I have it good as it is. Why in the world would I like to change that? And, even if I would, all all depends on who you know. Don´t you know, that´s the norm in Thailand? Instead on complaining about it, I have made it work for me. 

• Sad 1