British man allegedly assaulted with a dumbbell by unidentified foreigner at Pattaya gym following verbal argument over gym equipment

webfact

14 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

That was certainly a bit of a rant. I certainly don't like people asking me "how many more? when I'm training. That is pathetic; hassling people whilst they are working out.

I think the way I posted was a rant yes. But I did actually ask this person can you let me know when you are done please and 20 mins later after watching him do nothing was when I asked how many. Gym etiquette is lost on a lot of people , in fact it’s not something to learn, it’s just basic common sense and curtesy imo.  And what the hell are people doing writing long messages whilst sat on a bench or machine doing in a gym anyway??? Especially when it’s obvious people are waiting.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Eaglekott said:

When we hit the ground floor the muscle man rushed out of the elevator talking loud and angry to him self. The girls looked like they were in shock. 

Was he carrying 2 rolls of carpet.... they often seem to be?

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Signing in and out of places is no longer common in Pattaya areas, 

My gym has a scanner for membership card, all inside doors are scannered. All air con, steam and sauna, nice lockers. Membership costs probably keeps out the riff raff.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I noticed that too. Since entry to the country was made easier, the mood in Pattaya definitely changed and not for the better.

Budget air travel is one of the culprits. Allows lower-class oiks to travel further abroad for their holidays than Magaluf or Tenerife. As budget travel ramps up again more of these types wash-up here. 

Of course Thailand in general and Pattaya in particular tends to attract a certain type of low self-esteem loser that wants to lift weights, do muay Thai and hassle other expats and visitors to make up for his inadequacies, and prove himself a tough-guy (not saying folk that do these activities are all like that, but a lot I have met certainly are).

Let's hope they catch this guy, lock him up in a Thai jail for a couple of years and deport, never to be seen again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, cdemundo said:

Says he was "allegedly assaulted with a dumbbell". The identity of the perpretator is alleged. The assault is without question.

I would think that is overly cautious to phrase it the way it has been expressed.

You cannot say in the Thai media that someone has definitely committed a crime or someone is guilty of a crime until proven in a Thai court and found to be so by a Thai judge, thus they have to say the events are alleged even if we can clearly see from video footage what happened.

Thai defamation laws probably have a lot to do with it too. 

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

You cannot say in the Thai media that someone has definitely committed a crime or someone is guilty of a crime until proven in a Thai court and found to be so by a Thai judge, thus they have to say the events are alleged even if we can clearly see from video footage what happened.

Thai defamation laws probably have a lot to do with it too. 

So "assaulted with a dumbbell, allegedly by Joe Schmoe"; seems like  it would be ok.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:
21 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Thai cops  in some respects are very pro active

That's your opinion 

Only proactivity I see from Thai cops are the traffic infringements, us foreigners get hammered.

That's your opinion.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I think the way I posted was a rant yes. But I did actually ask this person can you let me know when you are done please and 20 mins later after watching him do nothing was when I asked how many. Gym etiquette is lost on a lot of people , in fact it’s not something to learn, it’s just basic common sense and curtesy imo.  And what the hell are people doing writing long messages whilst sat on a bench or machine doing in a gym anyway??? Especially when it’s obvious people are waiting.

Because they like flexing their power and muscle . 

"I have got big muscles, I am strong , I can do what I want " Kind of thing .

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, sambum said:

the only thing that is in question is the identity or nationality of the attacker, but they do make it clear that he is not Thai!

That it is very clear now. 59 year old British national "Daly ... ...".

Having a Thai motorcycle driving license issued 2017.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 1

4MyEgo, thanks for your funny story, it was my chuckle of the week.

The British man should be happy to be alive, as that dumbbell could

have crushed his skull and killed him. I hope they other guy is found

and charged.

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2022 at 12:08 AM, sambum said:

I  agree with you, and  the phrase "allegedly" assaulted with a dumbell is totally misleading - the only thing that is in question is the identity or nationality of the attacker, but they do make it clear that he is not Thai!

I thought by now he would of been named and shamed.

Edited by Daithi85
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

My gym has a scanner for membership card, all inside doors are scannered. All air con, steam and sauna, nice lockers. Membership costs probably keeps out the riff raff.

Sounds comprehensive..... providing the place can survive financially.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

A detailed discussion with the victim is now online.

Just noticed your post.

I hesitated to link the video. The identity of the attacker is shown there 

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 1

On 5/18/2022 at 8:38 PM, pegman said:
On 5/18/2022 at 6:44 PM, bbko said:

Fractured eye socket, 60 stitches,  the guy could have easily ended up in a coma, or brain damage or death.  Throw the book at the guy, and after many years of being locked up, deport and blacklist.

3-5 years for attempted murder in the Bangkok Hilton then back to the U.K. for him. Only a lowly despicable coward attacks the way he did. 

Meh... two hundred thousand baht to the BiB and a Brand's Gift Basket for the victim.

Now back to our regular programming.

On 5/19/2022 at 6:22 AM, KhunBENQ said:

That it is very clear now. 59 year old British national "Daly ... ...".

Having a Thai motorcycle driving license issued 2017.

not to worry at 59 he will get his just reward now people know how he is  

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

And a gofundme..

Scum chancers.

No  surprises Mr Flowers is involved.

Sounds like you support the guy who smashed him over the head with the dumb bell, well he'll be paying 1m+ baht soon

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Sounds like you support the guy who smashed him over the head with the dumb bell, well he'll be paying 1m+ baht soon

Despise with a passion people seeking financial assistance from the public because they do not have adequate insurance in place to cover.

• Sad 2