British man allegedly assaulted with a dumbbell by unidentified foreigner at Pattaya gym following verbal argument over gym equipment

webfact

16 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Same man ?????

image.jpeg

S__499723-763x1024.jpg

Yes, the same man.  On android phones, when the photo is switched to "selfie" mode, the photo comes out reversed.  here is an example:

Selfie mode:

2Z3EHyDEwa6W51KHM6jPa7iaBOy4w2_lseLMyeGLV_DqXmOuMXgBq15tTvzHicSZtewy3kq0vN3gg9ePhIX9A6oW3ArcoFC2-_n5HerbNrU1aL8ET4DGRXo24C-0GQwPTds4xUBz2Mkz22D0QimJ5wettDTuKIvGJPbYmfJvJS1d1m3Jw51brh2hIRIvOqe6hvW9GTpUc_1I0SRpcuOLabsUEqOQAfrB349Or2Mpjfwul_2UZiBE6Jk54WB6dUCeIosaFKlvpET3wczQ8Qs_SGq3l08ZWzvk2w0zOfJ_GT3SB9dQOxFcfSSrreScY9LCosVwLCGaEiilYK_Zz17v6qne4DMaU9sm94YzEqscw8l5f3D5umrouIsX-cKvHV_mGFd1e8rIZYwAYGduac2rk8iW-8Jqh1ajl1n9peCxmx9IfjLbll3xYmITtlBhwdb9gfXkz89AwHFVx5obkjlGXZwN5_riP6IwP9JhgOrkkIDKAVxIUxexEu813uePQSHFO4JfPtmil_VoInHLMalE6HJYZMxRu6Lzurc_ODVaMpP1dAMvkUv00kfYCRC1x1Yh6xcihwLPk8Qs-tkPp37gsvJi-o958A9NY5KJa9IQdC_AUmAVDEJpGLGl48lLsUDpEYlp9MBi-845Qy8HhGXwCv7CO8X_UH_79HmnKcI1xI-pw26pKbCx-mWwnT20h4mthhA5PJKh8LvBNaT0aWga-bDqjbxNSjnRxI_ObJiox-Ntuq-O8f69O3CiVC6z_A=w641-h854-no?authuser=0

Normal mode:

MQ54ArQ3kNo-t0GmLouoe1EIyH1q9bCliDygwPdIhLPJJeZD7dyEnah4aNRJ-MnJWRQvVyCrqwCc3CQlrGCiqwP25tZQh169e1yriSZx1bfmnFbqqyBewdr30Sh2L2UVazyg0A5Ojw-sXGnFUDsOpfjBkM5CsSrGhDVEdFI2WQ3I9zbhoU-02PjVeBSScPgFd0Bk2r1CO7VhnRV4AE8Aih8LV58d01J9qtYKMA-ACWcKJfplbREx6XgrnVFn8nvXbvYv4VfOVgpUPnt2U7zRbZrQMoobD5fSSnaPu7pzyDtZQgcrWEIQ6uVaxxjeqEFNp86X1eJTkuoBeCZt3ktmi0BxGaosWZtcmyBhSv3bRIPjUjT5lV_L8M89nFz5PkVUYGke60ToGNyYxNpMdv_-A1l7xvHzO__8gUIHPe4E7nIxOYU8BUx5EbRO-rtx41DQpw-8Xo7BuQLNbzvqsqsvtZ8OKFSL6e9R-GsyehFLWeU9Ia1nqpJvP73HKQ1WADmceAmrkTl1uiHREE5uOTdLiZ3M-Kj5UDagiQGAR2ClpIsK2Kx97w4KDIAI8H1-lNqz_fUfBcGZIcOM45RpkZHsXztXEkW74GMv89X6inbv_lPFFTs2wWZc7L_SNAFCgG3YfG5WKMnOLjXbh0QYk57Jjou56iNnAttsafVhqDsoYE2mjkB6c-CbYGdtadlEo9Mr1muxDVa2bfUzNsCTXDG-duGmHm4voy7ML8SFiNNmczGYAP3dy_4uROMxq3putg=w641-h854-no?authuser=0

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Inala said:

Bloody hell, that's savage, could've killed him with that dumbell. I don't understand people who can so easily act out this sort of violence. To think, he could've ended up doing a life sentence for murder, just over a stupid gym bench?? Why not wait a few minutes then it's all yours....this shows someone with an extremely low IQ who acts before they think with limited or no ability to reason. 

Just think, some poor unsuspecting bar girl is probably going to end up with this guy when he's out mongering...I really feel sorry for any girl that does, cos this guy is a moron, no doubt about it. She will for sure end up on the receiving end of his temper and violence.  

I really wish people with bad tempers like this didn't exist, but I guess it kind of explains why mankind is so willing to go to war with each other all through history and no doubt will continue to do so forever in the future.

Find him in the gutter,laying hands on a bargirl!

I’m almost 67 years old and have been members of different gyms since my early twenties.  For the most part,  most members have been courteous and friendly. And I always looked  forward going to the gym.   I have had minor issues with a handful of members during those years. But nothing threatening.  And of course there have been different types of issues at those gyms  The majority very minor and on rare occasion.  I only heard of one physical confrontation.  
But for me, going to the gym in Bangkok is different.  I find the mood very unfriendly.  There is no atmosphere.  In one gym a couple of young Thai guys were looking at me and laughing, which I put a stop to.  You could tell they had an attitude because they had some muscles.  Just a couple of punks. 
All these gyms have a number of foreigners as members.  Mostly westerners.  None are friendly.  And some think they can do whatever they please.  I witnessed a female staff  approach a  male western member about something.  He started yelling at her, waving his arms and creating a scene. I was at another gym.  And the staff told me that they have spoken to some western members about rule violations.  And these particular members would start screaming at them, and telling them they don’t have to listen to them.  
Unfortunately many visitors and expats think they can do as they please in a different country.  They think they don’t have to follow rules and act towards people any way they want.  

Edited by swm59nj
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:
3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

99% of the people at your gym don't attack people with a dumbbell, so what is your point? It's the 1% as shown here that you have to worry about.

Why should anyone have to worry about getting slugged with a barbell ?  1% is too many in my opinion. YMMV

If the BIB can't track down this attempted murderer then I have to fear (worry) about anywhere anytime in Thailand. 

Yes. As I said, it is the 1% who you have to worry about. It only takes one nutter with tools readily at hand to attack and kill someone.

Of course, if a machine had worked as it should then nothing would have happened in this case. Another Thai lack of maintenance problem yet again?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Yes. As I said, it is the 1% who you have to worry about. It only takes one nutter with tools readily at hand to attack and kill someone.

Of course, if a machine had worked as it should then nothing would have happened in this case. Another Thai lack of maintenance problem yet again?

You've got to be kidding.  This guy's psycho behavior has nothing to do with "Thai lack of maintenance."  Why do you guys make excuses for this idiot?  If this guy isn't arrested and put in jail, he will certainly inflict violence on someone else for no good reason. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

Out of the mouth of a pencil neck. Go and say that to both their faces. 99% of the people at my gym are not what you would term “meat heads” they are run of the gym mill folk just keeping fit. Admittedly the gyms in Thailand in tourist resort towns have a far higher concentration of said description due to them wanting to train even whilst on holiday. They are not regulars and therefore have no insensitive to be civilised. Slap some steroid use into the mix and a bit of low blood sugar from training and that combination often termed “roid rage” usually results in an altercation especially if one party does not back off. Same for any street fight.

The next thing is dumbells will be banned in gym’s????

Pattaya generally attracts a lot of 'meat-heads', and not just with regard to gyms.

(Disclaimer alert: That's not to say that all farang in Pattaya are 'meat-heads').

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Yes. People are weak today. Life has been too comfortable for many, so when it is less than perfect, many lack the discipline or maturity to deal with it. The fruits of any society's success tend to contain the seeds of its own destruction.

When previously, in the history of man, have people been forbidden to leave their homes or have visitors off and on for nearly two years?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

I look forward to reading that Pattaya Plod are on the job.  They might like to start at the airport; the bad publicity will make the pea-brain hurry home.  In the verbal argument any clue to the Nationality of this savage?

Aren't gyms still required to track all customers under COVID regulations?

Or has that gone now?

Looks like they have failed to attract the higher end tourists they were so desperately seeking. Maybe Thailand does not have the qualities to attract them after all? Maybe they have not made the sacrifices required to attract the well heeled? Wait a minute. Have they made any sacrifices? I do not think so. They have simply opened the doors again, and expected the world's finest to come flocking in. 

Earth to Phiphat, Prayuth, Anutin and the goon squad. The world does not work like that. Thailand is not the center of the universe, and improvements, sacrifices, and forward progress may be needed to get the tourism industry back on it's feet, after the extreme sabotage that has taken place. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

assaulted with a small dumbbell at a Pattaya

British man allegedly assaulted with a dumbbell by unidentified foreigner at Pattaya gym

Where is this gym? 

Is it the old Tony's gym above the 7-Eleven on Soi Buakhao? 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

43 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

You've got to be kidding.  This guy's psycho behavior has nothing to do with "Thai lack of maintenance."  Why do you guys make excuses for this idiot?  If this guy isn't arrested and put in jail, he will certainly inflict violence on someone else for no good reason. 

If the machine had been maintained and working the psycho would have used it instead of getting into a dispute with the victim over using the one that was. As it was, he should indeed be jailed for a potentially fatal assault.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, bbko said:

So the "alleged" assault is the fault of the Thais/gym?? 555.  There's no excuse for this behavior, no mater how hard you want to pin this on the Thais.

The short fuse guy sucker punched the victim in the face with a solid piece of metal and a full swing, he needs to be charged with a serious felony and do serious time locked up.

If the machine had been working it wouldn't have happened. But it did and he should be jailed, of course.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1