Got UK Visa for Girlfriend, Now She Dumped Me and Going With Another Guy

Please dont laugh at me, well you can, but you dont have to tell me about it..... ????

I was with the mrs for 19 months, living here in thailand.  We applied for a UK visitor visa, and the wait was really long due to covid, Ukraine etc.

A few weeks ago the visa arrived at just about the same time we had a big argument.  A week later she has told me that she has left me, then she tells me she has met some french guy, and is heading with him to london on the visa.  She leaves the end of this month and will meet him there!!

Obviously i am gutted.  I want to ask you guys, is she allowed to do this, as we applied for the visa as a couple and i was her guarantor, and there was even a letter from me old mum offering us a place to stay etc during our visit?  What happens if she goes astray whilst in uk (very doubtful, but possible).... would i be resposible for her in any way?

I am thinking i should at least ask the french guy for the 8000 baht i spent applying for the visa, travelling to bangkok etc.  If he refuses, am i able to get in touch with the visa people and tell them i am no longer her guarantor?  i know it is a bit spiteful to do that, but i am <deleted> off and if i mess up her trip, so be it 

What do you guys think?

7 minutes ago, rumak said:

Jeez.  lots of philosophizing and what not in some replies.    The op says they did have a big argument before the "split up" .      Maybe he was the culprit,  maybe her.    Anyway.... it happens all the time .

Not a relationship meant to be,  and if Jase is a nice guy then he should be grateful to move on.

as for her.   Just check with govt agency what steps you should take now .      and how to protect yourself (keep record of emails and replies to govt )

Right.  Because there's a legal aspect, which helpful members have pointed out ( needs to protect himself from any legal ramifications)...and there are the "philosophical" considerations, which some others are reminding him to consider, for the future. That  becomes even more important if he wishes to minimize the chance a repeat down the track. Unless he wants to go monk mode.   Not eliminate entirely, as that's not possible, but minimize.

Because it's normal for ALL live in women to throw some drama at you. The difference is...is it minor and a handful of times a year or is it the more common regular occurrence that most men seem to get.

That's up to guys to decide ( receiving end of drama, arguments, pouting, silent treatment, denying sex, etc) how much they're willing to put up with, and in what form, if any.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kinnock said:

Not sure what you'd gain by trying to sabotage her visa?  I think the main aim is to get some of the costs back?

So the threat of contacting the UK Embassy may be enough to get your cash back.

And remember, this is Thailand - so just find yourself a hotter and nicer girl, take her to London, and post lots of pictures on Facebook.

she is the one sabotaging the visa, report the devious little madam

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I would suggest contacting the UK embassy here, and getting the visa cancelled, by explaining you are no longer her guarantor. This situation has probably arisen before, they will know what to do.

IMO the money you have spent already is a life lesson, the French are not noted for generosity. Tight as a duck's bum.

The Embassy and the UK Border Force are not connected in that way,  Her visa is legally  no longer valid due to having no guarantee attached,  but unless you inform UKBF, she will be free to travel, She may not gain entry on being asked to confirm  her financial and accommodation arrangements,  but the French chap will  able to cover that aspect if they travel together, if not,  she could get into bother.  But UKBF is who you need to report it to, not the UK Embassy .   

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Not sure what you'd gain by trying to sabotage her visa?

Satisfaction!

I like to learn from other's problems. As I'm retired, I really see no reason to want to live in the west full time. All I can offer them is a good life in SE Asia. A possible visa will never be an incentive to a prospective partner.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Her legal reason to visit Uk is terminated, and it is your duty to inform UKVI, if not you can be held responsible. 

Good luck

Not true,  he has no responsibility at all . show your  source for this statement

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, howerde said:

Not true,  he has no responsibility at all . show your  source for this statement

I hold my breath, and wondering why you repeat yourself over and over with pure misinformation! 

I guess he guaranteed for her stay by signing the guarantee form? If so, I rest my case! 

• Confused 1