Got UK Visa for Girlfriend, Now She Dumped Me and Going With Another Guy

This is slightly off topic but...

Do you really need to make financial guarantees for a tourist visa to the UK?

I'm a US citizen, Mrs G is a US Permanent Resident, and we are thinking of a European vacation later this summer.

Obviously I'm visa exempt, but we still have to get her a Schengen and UK visa.

I'm reliably told as a married US permanent resident it's not the same issue you run into with female Thai residents, but surely I'm not going to have to somehow provide a financial guarantee for Gods sake, that would be insane

17 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I hold my breath, and wondering why you repeat yourself over and over with pure misinformation! 

I guess he guaranteed for her stay by signing the guarantee form? If so, I rest my case! 

There is NO guarantee form, there is no legal guarantee enforceable  by law,  Post your source that shows the poster is liable

Edited by howerde
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be vindictive re the money or the relationship - just put it down to experience.

I would inform the relevant dept as to the change in circumstances to which the visa was granted.

I remember when we applied many years ago, we put that my then gf would be staying with me and I would be supporting her whilst in England ( she didn't need it she had plenty of cash ), we thought it'd just make the visa easier. I believe we included that in a covering letter, with obv' employment details & both our bank statements.

If you remove your part of the equation a visa may not have been granted

If she gets into trouble, overstays etc your going to be their first point of call. At least if you email them you have proof you tried to contact them as a bit of covering your <deleted>.

I think you're well within your rights to do that. I'd tell her too, that you're not being vindictive you just need to cover yourself.

Obv' kiss goodbye to any sort of reconciliation.

Good Luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not to late to see this as an opportunity, a door opening for you.

You have the experience and material to pursue a career as a blues singer.

"i woke up this morning I saw my woman was gone,

She's run off with a Frenchman ..."

Well you get the idea, right?

• Haha 2

Perhaps she woke up and saw how spineless and immature some farangs are.  Too many "fresh off the airplane" farangs get their first "taste" of Thai ladies and lose their minds. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, petermik said:

She will not be allowed to use the visa that was issued under your name to travel to meet this other guy...

come on guys she had been planing this for month;s this was not a overnight move check it out

I would with my country in such a matter contact the US consular section involved providing the minimum pertinent details.  Get contact confirmation or send a letter by certified post. Even if the consul takes no action and USCIS does nothing if the absolute worst were to occur and she is a smuggler or violent extremist you can say "I told you".  There seems to be a record of everything, at least as data points* 

8000 baht expenses is a small pittance forget it. In fact consider Frenchman having done you a favor taking the subject off your hands imagine what she could have cost you?

• Thai lady A I know applied for a visitor visa. Another Thai lady B who had sent a reference letter for A actually went to the US on a fiance visa then got divorced in the US a few years later and married another American. Thai lady B had done nothing wrong or illegal. All of this is shockingly brought up at the visa interview "Why should we give you a visitor visa when this friend of yours ran off?". As if she was chattel who must stay with a philanderer to remain trustworthy in the eyes of the US govt.
Edited by Captain Monday

10 hours ago, UKJASE said:

A week later she has told me that she has left me, then she tells me she has met some french guy

These girls can be really cold. 

Use this example as lessons learnt. 

Forget about the money, it's not a lot. 

Hope you recover quickly. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BangkokAlan said:

she can get French visa. 

Is a French visa a guarantee to enter UK? It may be a guarantee to enter Schengen countries but not UK, I think. I was denied entry into UK with a US passport in 2009 because I was doing visa run - 3 month Schengen countries and 3 months UK. The first one they let me in but the second one they denied entry. 

Edited by Onerak