Wise Transfer speed....Instant as always....Saturday 21st May

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah I know, you sent the money from your UK or farangland bank account?

I see you changed your post, it doesn't make sense, post the timeline screenshot

Wise problem

Sunday 33k baht at approx 5 30 pm delivered in seconds  to my Krungsri  account BUT

MONDAY approx  5 15pm 33k baht sent but Not arrived  in my account.

Why not? Have I broken a 24 hour rule for over 50k?

So tired  of Wise inconsistencies, poor support - rude actually

Is there a better way?

Revolut bank?

ITS A TRANSFER  FROM WISE TO KRUNGSRI AS DESCRIBED.

I can't see what is unclear about it - it does  make  sense - and no my UK bank is irrelevant- according  to Wise it gone  to KRUNGSRI but instead  of registering in two seconds it has not appeared.

Why do some  wise transfers take seconds but others days?

45 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Why do some  wise transfers take seconds but others days?

Do you ever bother to read the 'Mission Updates' that Wise send out to all their account holders? Here's an extract from their Q1 update:

'Why aren't all transfers instant?

Even when sending from and to instant currencies, not all transfers will be instant. There are a few possible reasons for this.

How much money you send: sometimes if a transfer is over a certain limit, we have to slow it down to help us manage our flow of funds, or due to partner restrictions.

If you're a new customer: we might also run additional checks at the processing stage which means we have to slow down your transfer.

Our partner connection: sometimes, our payout partners have processing issues, meaning transfers are delayed - although we're always working on reducing the frequency of this!'

https://wise.com/gb/blog/mission-update-q1-2022-speed

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Do you ever bother to read the 'Mission Updates' that Wise send out to all their account holders? Here's an extract from their Q1 update:

'Why aren't all transfers instant?

Even when sending from and to instant currencies, not all transfers will be instant. There are a few possible reasons for this.

How much money you send: sometimes if a transfer is over a certain limit, we have to slow it down to help us manage our flow of funds, or due to partner restrictions.

If you're a new customer: we might also run additional checks at the processing stage which means we have to slow down your transfer.

Our partner connection: sometimes, our payout partners have processing issues, meaning transfers are delayed - although we're always working on reducing the frequency of this!'

https://wise.com/gb/blog/mission-update-q1-2022-speed

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I read them but in this instance I don't think  they help- as I said I'm exploring the idea I went over the 50k thai baht limit by doing two 33k transfers in less than 24 hours thus exceeding 50k

Also I view the 'Mission Updates' as BS coverall excuses for rotten inconsistent service. 

Why should  one transfer  take 2 seconds  but the same amount the day after take 2 days? Or maybe longer?

I feel Wise as the  fee paying  service  provider should resolve  these issues NOT tell me to  contact my bank - THEY should  contact my bank and establish  a better working  relationship with other financial institutions rather than issue weak excuses as 'Mission  Statements'

which is just  geek  speak to - not help really.

I'm fed up that they  have no coherent  email address and complaints system.

IT TOOK WISE AGES to inform  us all about the 50k baht limit long after it started to affect us.

Anyway  thanks for your response.

13 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I read them but in this instance I don't think  they help- as I said I'm exploring the idea I went over the 50k thai baht limit by doing two 33k transfers in less than 24 hours thus exceeding 50k

Also I view the 'Mission Updates' as BS coverall excuses for rotten inconsistent service. 

Why should  one transfer  take 2 seconds  but the same amount the day after take 2 days? Or maybe longer?

I feel Wise as the  fee paying  service  provider should resolve  these issues NOT tell me to  contact my bank - THEY should  contact my bank and establish  a better working  relationship with other financial institutions rather than issue weak excuses as 'Mission  Statements'

which is just  geek  speak to - not help really.

I'm fed up that they  have no coherent  email address and complaints system.

IT TOOK WISE AGES to inform  us all about the 50k baht limit long after it started to affect us.

Anyway  thanks for your response.

Of course Wise are correct, you need to contact your Bank the money came from, you've not posted a timeline screenshot showing the money was received by Wise on time

On 5/21/2022 at 1:13 PM, KannikaP said:

Unless you need the transfer to show as an International Transfer for Immigration/Extension purposes. Then you click the long term stay in Thailand, and it usually takes one day extra to get to your Thai bank. So plan ahead.

I always click the long stay in Thailand box. Usually i get the money the next day but sometimes i get it instantly. Go figure !

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I always click the long stay in Thailand box. Usually i get the money the next day but sometimes i get it instantly. Go figure !

That has NEVER happened for me in four years.

But as I have said previously, I always initiate the Wise Transfer one day before I need the money just to be sure.

Edited by KannikaP

8 hours ago, Henryford said:

Did one today and in the end had to deal with it from LLoyds as the system down but yes usually instantly but noticed today your bank may take 2 days to credit your account,

My experience:

-all my recent transfers from Wise to Kungsri Bank have been instant (I always put monthly expenses as motive, I have no idea whether it matters or not)

- when it is not instant, it depends on which type of transfer I choose at my farang bank:

*if I choose free transfer, my farang bank will usually wait the next day to send the money to Wise, then Wise sends it instantly to Thailand

*if I pay 80ç for instant transfer at my bank, It's instant to Wise and then instant to Kungsri.

Of course, It's pure marketing tactic from my farang bank, as it is surely not more costly for them to make an instant transfer.

Edited by candide

Have done it one day earlier than I said in OP but this time changed the "reason for transfer" to long term stay in Thailand the one many claim is next day rather than instant

Pleased to say it wasn't instant you indeed were right.....it took 4 minutes 28 seconds before notification pinged over monies landing lol

I repeat I do not know lol what some (certainly not all) you guys are doing !