Incumbents Kemp & Raffensperger Expected to Win Against Trump Challengers in Georgia Primaries

onthedarkside

Screenshot_4.jpg.9c43ed8eda4445084523a1134a71cb16.jpg

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp

Incumbent Republican Gov. Brian Kemp of Georgia is projected to survive a primary challenge by former Sen. David Perdue, who received former President Donald Trump's biggest endorsement and the most financial help he's given to any candidate so far. 

Trump-backed candidates appeared to be foundering Tuesday night in Georgia , although his preferred Senate candidate, Herschel Walker, is projected to win the Republican nomination. But CBS News projected Attorney General Chris Carr survived the challenge from the Trump-backed John Gordon. 

And CBS News projected Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, whom Trump asked in January 2021 to "find" enough votes to overturn the results, will win the Republican nomination over his challenger, Trump-backed U.S. Rep. Jody Hice.

(more)

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/primary-election-results-georgia-alabama-arkansas-texas-runoff-minnesota-special-election-2022/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Does not really matter what Replublican runs - Trump backed or not- the Dems will still lose to him/her in November, when the reality of Bidens failure and weak presidency hits home

Agreed.  The Green New Deal is killing the economy.  Gas prices climbing daily.  And worse, electric vehicles play into China/CCP’s hands.

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Does not really matter what Replublican runs - Trump backed or not- the Dems will still lose to him/her in November, when the reality of Bidens failure and weak presidency hits home

Probably.  But there's one possibility.  Trump is so irrationally pis*ed-off at Kemp that he may push his most rabid supporters to sit-out the mid terms....giving the Gov to the Dems.  So Abrams has a secret weapon--D. Trump!

Edited by Berkshire
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, candide said:

Don't forget to blame him for record snow storms, record heat waves, not to mention floods! ????

Record inflation, record fuel prices, and record border crossings—perhaps you missed a few things?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Record inflation, record fuel prices, and record border crossings—perhaps you missed a few things?

Record worldwide inflation, record global fuel prices, global supply chain problems. Have you missed a few things  about what is affecting every country in the world and is largely outside the scope of individual governments' intervention?

At the US level, you could however add record GDP growth and record employment increase, which is known to increase inflation. So yes, had the US government been less successful in increasing GDP and in reducing unemployment, there would be a bit less inflation.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, candide said:

Record worldwide inflation, record global fuel prices, global supply chain problems. Have you missed a few things  about what is affecting every country in the world and is largely outside the scope of individual governments' intervention?

At the US level, you could however add record GDP growth and record employment increase, which is known to increase inflation. So yes, had the US government been less successful in increasing GDP and in reducing unemployment, there would be a bit less inflation.

I guess record border crossings don’t matter to you—pathetic.

42 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

That's a political preference issue. Some people think he's doing too much, some others not enough, according to their preference and ideologies. Immigration a subjective issue. Some see it as positive, others as negative.

However, everybody cares about GDP, employment, inflation, etc..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Low unemployment and lack of workers means we need more of these border crossings.  I'd prefer they be legal crossings, but rational laws are difficult to pass during election years.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Pandemic relief (which Republican politicians objected to when it passed but now happily take credit for the money sent to their states) booming economy and wage increases (which cause inflation), infrastructure bill (how many weeks were "infrastructure week" under the last administration?), etc.

Democrats do need to get rid of many of the Trump tariffs, which are one of the causes of inflation.  There used to be a free-trade party in the US, I wonder what happened to it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If you think a President who stands up to Putin is weak, you must have thought Trump a jellyfish.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Agreed.  The Green New Deal is killing the economy.  Gas prices climbing daily.  And worse, electric vehicles play into China/CCP’s hands.

I'll bite:  How is the Green New Deal killing the economy?  How are electric vehicles playing into China/CCP's hands?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, heybruce said:

If you think a President who stands up to Putin is weak, you must have thought Trump a jellyfish.

Yes, Biden went full on attack mode and no way would Trump had done that .

There is no way that Trump would have opposed Putin like Biden has .

Trump would not have stood up to Putin by sending Ukraine 60 000 000 000 US $ .

Well done Joe for standing up to Putin and sending all that money over 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, Biden went full on attack mode and no way would Trump had done that .

There is no way that Trump would have opposed Putin like Biden has .

Trump would not have stood up to Putin by sending Ukraine 60 000 000 000 US $ .

Well done Joe for standing up to Putin and sending all that money over 

I'm trying to decipher that snark but it sounds like you're against supporting Ukraine's resistance to Russian aggression with aid?  Of if not, what?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

I'll bite:  How is the Green New Deal killing the economy?  How are electric vehicles playing into China/CCP's hands?

Thanks for your questions.  I have a few of my own:

Where do EV batteries come from?  Where does most lithium and rare earth come from?  Who makes the vast majority of wind turbines?  And what about solar panels—who makes the vast majority of them?

The answer to all of these questions:  China.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

Thanks for your questions.  I have a few of my own:

Where do EV batteries come from?  Where does most lithium and rare earth come from?  Who makes the vast majority of wind turbines?  And what about solar panels—who makes the vast majority of them?

The answer to all of these questions:  China.

Wrong.

Australia and Chile are the top two exporters of lithium.   https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-top-lithium-producing-countries-in-the-world.html

China exports 25% of the world's rare earth metals, but other countries are getting into the game.   https://www.statista.com/statistics/702689/global-rare-earth-metal-export-share-by-country/

Solar panels and wind turbine components are manufactured around the world, I could not find a credible source stating which country manufactures the most.  Can you?

Now that I've corrected/answered your reply, will you answer my question?  How is the Green New Deal killing the economy?  How are electric vehicles playing into China/CCP's hands?

• Thanks 1