Why nothing works anymore in Thailand?

heiri007

3 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Cry me a river, you could list as many things in any country. It's you being the actual problem really.

I really dislike foreigners telling me how dysfunctional my country is, even by my own. I know things should have been, and could have been better than they are, but look around you, and learn, see and understand how complex society really is. 

To be earnestly I think Thailand in many ways have been doing great things when it comes to infrastructure and making things easy for locals  to create business and business opportunities. 

Even you are poor, there is ways to manage a decent living if you just do not borrow money, gamble or drink. 

Life can be very easy in Thailand if you want it to be, and have what the goverment requires of you to live here as an alien. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, heiri007 said:

I could go on. Thailand is run by huge companies that have lost sight of their purpose. Lots of employees causing lots of dysfunction.

In one thing Thailand excels. Controls and bureaucracy. They're at the heart of everything and grow bigger and bigger.

this situation is everywhere else in the world. This planet has just too many people.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, heiri007 said:

Rant. Spending hours and hours rectifying problems caused by Thai authorities, companies, systems.

• Changing a TG flight. New e-ticket shows half the baggage allowance. Takes many calls and wait until departure to correct error
  • Changing bank account for monthly debit payment at PEA. Docs don't get processed, electricity bills not paid. Customer runs to PEA, spending unnecessary time again to rectify authority's  errors.
  • Changing bank account for monthly debit payment at MEA. Exactly same as above happens.
  • Financial institution keeps on asking for KYC docs. Supplied months ago, they say all is okay, but system still hasn't processed any docs and customer gets reminded again and again that KYC is not yet finalized.
  • Online shopping: returned a product exactly the way as received. Seller claims to have received product incomplete and used. Only a call to file a police report against the lying seller solves the problem. Very quickly.

I could go on.

Thank God you didn't "go on", none of your whinge was peculiar to Thailand.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

3 hours ago, heiri007 said:
4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Someone long, long ago coined the phrase TIT.. this is not for us to ask why, it's either adapt and play by their rules OR NOT... changes will come only if and when Thai people will complain, we as non Thai, don't count...

Expand  

Well I happen to be Thai. Does this give me less rights to "complain"?

No, but it doesn't give you the right to Thai-bash, either, when nothing you whinged about is particularly idiosyncratic of Thailand.

Living hand to mouth: life centered around 7-11 might be another reason for the increasing systemic disfunction. 

Who said anything about living hand to mouth ?

It seems very bizzarre to me to set up to pay bills via direct deposit for a place that Iam only at for a month or two.

39 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

You may have a point, but I think there are so many, its unlikely. The problem with Immigration is that each office seems to have its own rules, they are not consistent. Even the same office has its own idiosyncrasies, even each IO at the same office has his or hers way of doing things. Most problems are very minor and can be sorted out fairly easily, with another xerox copy or whatever. For those folks that live hundreds of Kilometers away from their immigration office it can be a trial. I personally have never had a people, but I know people who have.

True but the basis is always the same. To get through quickly relax, stay calm and smile. I went to Immigration this week and despite the wait to get to an IO everything went smoothly. Some papers we needed to sign but that was it

But maybe it's just me who always gets the lemon.

Quite possible. I am not Thai. However, I have very little of the problems mentioned in the OP.

I pay my PEA bills at 7/11. I only shop online for items where I can afford to kiss the money goodbye if the goods turn out to be a dud. I have trusted mechanics for my car and scooter, and I only buy food at restaurants and in the markets from suppliers who I know are reliable. Anyone who gives me bad service or bad goods only gets one chance at it.

Perhaps you need to think about doing things differently.

BTW, congratulations on your command of English. I wish my Thai was as good.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Because service is different to actual product or do you not see that ? Service is what the potential seller provides, product is what the buyer wants. So easy.

I get where you make a return because you got a knock-off product instead of the name brand you thought that you ordered, or the product was defective, or you ordered a pair of shoes and you received 2 left shoes. 

so the return service may be great but you maybe should have never needed it.

1 hour ago, MadMuhammad said:

I had to call my bank in Aus as they blocked my account for fraud. I actually spoke to a real person for a grand total of 11mins first call, 8mins second call. 

It’s not just Thailand I’m afraid……

"It’s not just Thailand I’m afraid……"

Huh?   The OP is complaining about his country, you seem to be congratulating yours for sorting out a fraud problem in a few minutes on the phone.

Edit: Oops, missed the actual length of the connection!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, heiri007 said:

Lots of employees causing lots of dysfunction

I couldn't agree more .....  an example, I wanted to purchase a new mobile on Shopee .....  I chat with the sales staff and specifically asked him does the mobile phone have LINE app already installed  ? ......  he writes back and says '   yes,  comes with,    Then a day later I hit the buy now button .... and I asked again if LINE app is on the mobile already .... he says'  you have to install it yourself   !   huh !!  ,   I asked you and you confirmed it came , now you tell me it doesn't .......   sh eeeeee sh ...

Absolute Knuckleheads ... honestly  ...    

i canceled the buy.

Edited by steven100
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"It’s not just Thailand I’m afraid……"

Huh?   The OP is complaining his country, you seem to be congratulating yours for sorting out a fraud problem in a few minutes on the phone.

Sure but after several hours it seems on hold from his posted image.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Iam not stupid enough to let a Thai company have access to my bank accounts to take monthly bill payments.

The companies take nothing, the bank send it.

You're stupid enough to have a thai bank account - lol 

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You cancelled the purchase just because an app (that you can install in two minutes) that isn't normally installed at the factory, wasn't on the phone?    Geez.  Why would anyone expect Line to be factory-installed?  

you haven't got a clue have you  ?  .....   I previously bought a mobile and upon trying to download LINE app ...   the error '  your mobile device is not compatable with this app '  

hence,  I was covering my bases to get the app already loaded therefor a guarantee of success. 

think before you comment. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You cancelled the purchase just because an app (that you can install in two minutes) that isn't normally installed at the factory, wasn't on the phone?    Geez.  Why would anyone expect Line to be factory-installed?  

Because some models do already have the app installed. 

2 minutes ago, PJ71 said:
21 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Iam not stupid enough to let a Thai company have access to my bank accounts to take monthly bill payments.

The companies take nothing, the bank send it.

Really?  You don't understand how direct debits work, do you?    They're not standing orders.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

you haven't got a clue have you  ?  .....   I previously bought a mobile and upon trying to download LINE app ...   the error '  your mobile device is not compatable with this app '  

hence,  I was covering my bases to get the app already loaded therefor a guarantee of success. 

think before you comment. 

No, I'll comment based on what I read that you posted!   

"you haven't got a clue have you  ?"

Give the whole story before you try to reprimand other posters for not being mind readers or being clueless!

• Haha 1

Regarding online shopping, let me say that Lazada has been a genuine dream to shop at... customer's side, customer's support always has been at 100% perfect, over dozens of returns situations.

HOWEVER... the online shopping company S***** is a guaranteed nightmare, customer always wrong, customer guaranteed to be f'ed over, supreme frustration in any dispute is a 100% certainty.  

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1